Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:40 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Re: The One Church Of Jesus Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Just a heads up - you simply swapped one religion for another. You aren't "less religious" than you were, unless you've dropped any concern about spiritual matters and just want a Budweiser and a phat one after work.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Less concerned about spiritual matters? My friend, what I have come to see now is that this old school way was determental to spiritual matters in my life. I have now a deeper desire to walk, not according to man's rules and regulations, not according to the letter of the Law, but according to the Spirit. I am walking now in the understanding of No Condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, of Jesus coming to save, not condemn. It makes me want to walk after God's Word, for sin shall not have dominion over me, for I am no longer under Law, but under grace.

This is where true holiness and the fake religious holiness collide, and one does not survive. One says do and God accepts you. The other says do because God loves you. One says the letter, while the other says the Spirit. One says I have to, while the other says I want to.

I know you are an administrator on this forum, but what you said was very ungodly and lacked the fruit of the Spirit. I detest alcohol, and smoking a 'phat one'? My friend, this is the same spirit that the Pharisees were under when they accused Jesus of being a glutton and a winebibber. I mean, of course I forgive and will not stop loving you, but this was really and truly uncalled for.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Less concerned about spiritual matters? My friend, what I have come to see now is that this old school way was determental to spiritual matters in my life. I have now a deeper desire to walk, not according to man's rules and regulations, not according to the letter of the Law, but according to the Spirit. I am walking now in the understanding of No Condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, of Jesus coming to save, not condemn. It makes me want to walk after God's Word, for sin shall not have dominion over me, for I am no longer under Law, but under grace.

This is where true holiness and the fake religious holiness collide, and one does not survive. One says do and God accepts you. The other says do because God loves you. One says the letter, while the other says the Spirit. One says I have to, while the other says I want to.

I know you are an administrator on this forum, but what you said was very ungodly and lacked the fruit of the Spirit. I detest alcohol, and smoking a 'phat one'? My friend, this is the same spirit that the Pharisees were under when they accused Jesus of being a glutton and a winebibber. I mean, of course I forgive and will not stop loving you, but this was really and truly uncalled for.
My thoghts are 2:
1) Maybe (i dont know you yet) you are in the way to leave some man made doctrine but:
2) You did not found yet the balance ,that is why you are in this Church.

The danger is that many people they try to leave behind the man made doctrines and they come with an other form (even the worst) of religion that teaches no holiness but a "loving" (with the world meaning af love ,the false one that says "come just like you are ,God loves you like you are. Only faith saves not works) .
So i hope for you (and me) to find a biblical real Church that bears the name of God and lives dead for sin but alive to works (saving works)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

1. I am not an admin, moderator, or anything else besides a poster here.

2. I didn't say you have less interest in spiritual matters. Read what I said, again, a little more closely.

3. I did not accuse you of drinking or smoking marijuana. Again, read what I said, again, more closely.

4. Thank you for calling me ungodly and lacking the fruit of the Spirit. You'll notice I was so ungodly I didn't even accuse you of ANY SINGLE THING WHATSOEVER. Nor did I say anything about your present spiritual condition. I apologize for being so ungodly and unspiritual, unlike you.

5. WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID was that you DID NOT become "less religious". I pointed out that you simply swapped one religion for another. The only people who become "less religious" are people who have less concern for spiritual matters, who just want to do their thing in life with no reference to God or any other deity or spiritual guidance.

See, what I'm saying is although a lot of people say "I'm not into religion, I'm into spirituality", they are in error. Due to the fact they use the terms religion and spirituality incorrectly.

You are just as concerned about spiritual matters now as you were when you first posted on these forums. You have simply changed your doctrines (not all, obviously, but some) and your practices (not all, but some). This doesn't make you "less religious", it just means you swapped whatever you have now in place of whatever you had before.

Perhaps you should ask yourself "Why am I so quick to think people are less spiritual and more ungodly than I am when they make a statement that challenges something I said?"

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf