Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Banned

Re: I Value Anonymity. Why Demand Otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Right. You had your real name on AFF, but guys from your church found here on here, harassed you and vandalized your vehicle, so you changed to "Aquila" so you could be anonymous...?

Slight problem with that...

1) Real pic for avatar
2) Photo album in profile
3) You've posted your name in your posts

Not very good at being anonymous.
My primary goal is to keep from people I know being able to query my full name and find everything I've ever posted. And my real pic looks far different from back in the day. Most don't recognize me when I walk past them on the street.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Disclosing additional AFF names is not an invasion of your privacy.

I'm not sure why AFF allows people to register multiple names. It really shouldn't. If a person wants to change their name, they should change their name and have the old name locked.

What about the right of people on AFF to know if they are debating one person using multiple names?

You don't have the right to post under multiple AFF names. Nor does anyone else.

I agree with Admin, you and every other person who uses multiple names on AFF need to post the screen names you all use.

Or Admin should do it for you all.
It can be when there is personal information that can be identifiable by the bringing up of a username from long ago.

I am not using multiple usernames now-- or ever, since AFF became AFF.

When you speak with Bucky, you are only speaking with one person. My former username has not been used for quite some time now. I don't even remember my log-in.

Last edited by BuckeyeBukaroo; 10-08-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Compromise its safety? Who do you think we are -- Democrat staffers???

Good grief.
And there's another mouthy goober who pays no price if someone throws a brick through your window and hits a kid.

Get over yourself. I've had my Jeep keyed, and harassed before. And it was based on a forum that was called Apostolic Man and this one. On both I used my real name. And apparently some folks didn't like what I had to say.

NDavid, if you disagree with anonymity being a safety feature... please post your full name, address, phone number, names in your household, and the school your kids go to.

Now, you and I know that only an idiot would do that. Because this is the internet. Safety is framed in anonymity.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
One man's discussion is another man's drama. The biggest drama queen on this forum always jumps into the middle of a decent conversation and starts immediately going personal. But no one dare call that clickbait a drama queen. LOL You just post things that question tradition, or are a bit against the grain, and you're suddenly "Public Drama Queen #1". LOL

This place is hilarious. LOL

And they take it all so seriously!!! LOL

Half the people chasing you with torches and pitchforks have multiple user names!!! LOL

#ec-shactly
Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Banned

I'm RachelRose.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post

#ec-shactly
MmmmmHmmmm. lol
Old 10-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
And there's another mouthy goober who pays no price if someone throws a brick through your window and hits a kid.
What?

Quote:
Get over yourself. I've had my Jeep keyed, and harassed before. And it was based on a forum that was called Apostolic Man and this one. On both I used my real name. And apparently some folks didn't like what I had to say.
Right.

Quote:
NDavid, if you disagree with anonymity being a safety feature... please post your full name, address, phone number, names in your household, and the school your kids go to.
1) Never said people shouldn't be allowed to be anonymous.
2) Admin isn't asking for this kind of info.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VotiveSoul
You need to come clean about who you are

and what your former screen-name used to be,

or you are history.

You have until Saturday 5pm CST. Create a new thread, say who you are, and apologize for the duplicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
I don't believe admin was demanding your "real" name and info. They were wanting you to fess up for any and all sock accounts aka multiple online identities. Your refusal confirms their existence.

Yes he is and even if he is asking for me to publicly divulge an old username, it would be an unfair and inconsistent request. This is my only usermame in use.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Yes he is and even if he is asking for me to publicly divulge an old username, it would be an unfair and inconsistent request. This is my only usermame in use.
In all fairness, Votive said, "You need to come clean about who you are".

On first reading, that does appear to ask your real name, your true identity. But, in context, Votive might have only intended that you disclose all user names you've used.

It might just be a misunderstanding.

But, if personal information is under another user name that you wish to distance yourself from, it could be a compromising request. That puts you between a rock and a hard place.

That's why I think it's fair if you're asked to simply only use your current user name, and leave it at that. If I were the Admin and I demanded a disclosure... and something bad happened to a poster... I'd not want that on my conscience.

Simple directives are always good. Just use BB from now on, and be done with the others. Of course Houston/Berkeley gets to keep his IDs. Why? I don't know, maybe he's not real either. lol

Last edited by Aquila; 10-08-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My primary goal is to keep from people I know being able to query my full name and find everything I've ever posted. And my real pic looks far different from back in the day. Most don't recognize me when I walk past them on the street.
Well, if you want to be anonymous, you don't use the same avatar as your FB pic. You post often enough on AFF that anyone who knows you in real life, would be able to see a post you've made and instantly recognize your pic.
Closed Thread