Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: XUPCer Starting GAY Church in Bakersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
Only those who have departed from TRUTH would say disparaging
things like that.
Well I guess I've departed from the truth then(according to you)cause yes, legalism/withcraft under the guise of so-called holiness is rampant.....I guess that brings us back to those "manifesting religious demons " statement that I made a while back on this thread.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Why do we jump on the bandwagon of denouncing homosexuality, yet clam up like shy little girls as the false doctrine of legalism runs rampant. Legalism is christian withcraft. Let's call out the legalists who bring an abomination to the gospel with their witchcraft. There are more christians practicing witchcraft in the guise of holiness than homosexuals speaking in tongues.
???

TV, lets focus here. The topic of this thread is homosexuality in pentecostal churches, not "the witchcraft of legalism".

Maybe people just feel like staying on topic here... which isn't a bad thing. Why do you feel the need for us here to now diverge and start railing against "christian witchcraft"? It's just not necessary to do right here/right now.

If you want to create a thread denouncing "the false doctrine of legalism", then fine; by all means do so. But that's not the topic at hand.

----------
Besides, I'm sure you've been around here long enough to see that legalism in the church is something that has also been discussed on MANY threads on this forum.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 PM
God's Son

Only those returning to the TRUTH would say things like that.

Big Red since you are the all-knowing truth protector, care to back up your statement by defining which elements of TRUTH I have departed from?

I'll save you the trouble in finding the thread I mentioned my core beliefs. Take a stab Big Red. Your chewing gum will lose its flavor real quick.

Quote:
1. I believe repentance, Jesus name baptism, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost.

2. I believe in prayer.

3. I believe in Bible reading

4. I believe in witnessing and outreach.

5. I believe in discipling people.

6. I believe Biblical holiness is based on Biblical principles.

7. I believe in One God.

8. I believe a follower of Christ should display the Fruit of the Spirt.

9. I do not see anywhere a clothesline is listed as a Fruit of the Spirit.

10. I believe in modesty, gender separation, and clothing that doesn't draw attention to oneself.

11. I believe in using the same principle for television as I do the internet.

12. I believe in mercy and grace.

13. I believe in love.

14. I believe I love to have some more ice cream.

15. I believe in walking in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

16. I believe in miracles signs and wonders.
Where did I depart from truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
Only those who have departed from TRUTH would say disparaging
things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a
Why do we jump on the bandwagon of denouncing homosexuality, yet clam up like shy little girls as the false doctrine of legalism runs rampant. Legalism is christian withcraft. Let's call out the legalists who bring an abomination to the gospel with their witchcraft. There are more christians practicing witchcraft in the guise of holiness than homosexuals speaking in tongues.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
???

TV, lets focus here. The topic of this thread is homosexuality in pentecostal churches, not "the witchcraft of legalism".

Maybe people just feel like staying on topic here... which isn't a bad thing. Why do you feel the need for us here to now diverge and start railing against "christian witchcraft"? It's just not necessary to do right here/right now.

If you want to create a thread denouncing "the false doctrine of legalism", then fine; by all means do so. But that's not the topic at hand.

----------
Besides, I'm sure you've been around here long enough to see that legalism in the church is something that has also been discussed on MANY threads on this forum.

I agree. The topic is not christian witchcraft, it's about former Pentecostals starting gay churches under the banner of Jesus' name There is no such thing as christian witchcraft.

Why do you turn every topic on this forum into a bashfest against traditional Pentecostals? I think It's about high time you let go of your bitterness. God is able to deliver you from your obvious hatred towards the UPC if you're willing.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 PM
God's Son

I propose one of the causes of sexual perversion in the church is the result of unchecked legalism. Legalism is selective application of principles. It is easy for people to hide behind their legalism while sexual perversion runs rampant.

I've notice in my travels, the more legalistic a church is, the more sexual perversion exists.

Did I do a good job of refocusing? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
???

----------

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 PM
God's Son

You may not have been around when the wpf was the hot topic. I defended the upci. I believe I was the person who first used the phrase "tulsa tango". I'm not going to rehash a topic you can read about on my blog. There are unethical people in postitions of power in the upci. They have chosen to take sides with the forces of darkness. Sorry about their luck.

I have made it clear on numerous occasioins my support people with traditional pentecostal views. However, I am intelligent enough to realize when a legalist hides behind the "traditional pentecost" moniker they stole from those who live by Christian principle.

Legalism is witchraft disguised as christianity. Read Galatians. The Apostle Paul makes as clear as acne on a teenager. Legalism is sorcorey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary Pilgrim View Post
I agree. The topic is not christian witchcraft, it's about former Pentecostals starting gay churches under the banner of Jesus' name There is no such thing as christian witchcraft.

Why do you turn every topic on this forum into a bashfest against traditional Pentecostals? I think It's about high time you let go of your bitterness. God is able to deliver you from your obvious hatred towards the UPC if you're willing.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You may not have been around when the wpf was the hot topic. I defended the upci. I believe I was the person who first used the phrase "tulsa tango". I'm not going to rehash a topic you can read about on my blog. There are unethical people in postitions of power in the upci. They have chosen to take sides with the forces of darkness. Sorry about their luck.

I have made it clear on numerous occasioins my support people with traditional pentecostal views. However, I am intelligent enough to realize when a legalist hides behind the "traditional pentecost" moniker they stole from those who live by Christian principle.

Legalism is witchraft disguised as christianity. Read Galatians. The Apostle Paul makes as clear as acne on a teenager. Legalism is sorcorey.
You ought to be smarter than to make such a statement. If we can have Christian witchcraft, we can have Christian fornication, Christian smoking, Christian homosexuals, Christian _____________, etc. There is legalism in any organization, corporation, or business that has rules. Some rules are harder than others but none of them are witchcraft. If an ultra-con church says women can't wear open-toed shoes, that is an extreme rule but not witchcraft any more than a liberal church saying all women on the praise team must wear black slacks, glittered tank tops, and diamond stud earrings.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:42 AM
God's Son

You miss the point. Legalism defined by scripture is when a person forces their non-salvation beliefs as salvational issues. Paul dealt with that with Peter. He dealt with it with the Galatian church. People were being told they had to do things outside of scripture for salvation. Paul called it witchcraft.

Anyone who has read my posts knows I support personal convictions, even if I disagree. I have a huge problem with people who think I need to follow their personal convictions the same way they do to be saved.

Legalism is the last foothold the devil has in the church.

I could go on with evidence stating how legalism hijacked conservatism and personal convictions. Time won't allow right now, but history does show that conservatism has always been hijacked by legalism.

Let's make a distinction between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
You ought to be smarter than to make such a statement. If we can have Christian witchcraft, we can have Christian fornication, Christian smoking, Christian homosexuals, Christian _____________, etc. There is legalism in any organization, corporation, or business that has rules. Some rules are harder than others but none of them are witchcraft. If an ultra-con church says women can't wear open-toed shoes, that is an extreme rule but not witchcraft any more than a liberal church saying all women on the praise team must wear black slacks, glittered tank tops, and diamond stud earrings.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM
God's Son

George,

Take a peak at my thread about what I believe and find one principle that you disagree with.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
George,

Take a peak at my thread about what I believe and find one principle that you disagree with.
No, thank you. I don't want to waste my time. I really don't care what you believe. You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine.