Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-25-2021, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

Re: Apostolics of Grant Parish/ Br. Lane Creech

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Doctrine goes next.
Almost always.
Already has bro. He's Calvinist now. Seems to be flirting with cessationalism also.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
For what it's worth, and for whomever may be interested, I just saw a post of Bro and Sis Creech vacationing on Facebook.

He's wearing shorts, short sleeves, and flip flops. She's got on a capris outfit and her hair appears to be cut. I've seen other posts where she's got her nails painted red of all colors.

It saddens me because of what they had.

If they don't turn around, it will be all down hill from here.
Did I misunderstand?

Didn’t you color your hair?

I thought you did.

So next you’ll believe in women preachers or something?

It’s all downhill from here! It’s really sad.

Would it be better if the finger nails were blue?

Do you believe in women teaching men?
Old 02-26-2021, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Not your color I take it? 😅
Well didn't the old-time holiness preachers go against red in any area?
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Did I misunderstand?

Didn’t you color your hair?

I thought you did.

So next you’ll believe in women preachers or something?

It’s all downhill from here! It’s really sad.

Would it be better if the finger nails were blue?

Do you believe in women teaching men?
What?
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:06 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Well didn't the old-time holiness preachers go against red in any area?

Against all red except getting red in the face I guess. 🤣
Old 02-27-2021, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So if a women cuts her hair she is backslid?
If I build again the things I once destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Whether or not the original position of uncut hair is biblical is the true question.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
I have seen this more times than I care to think about.
Check back in 5 years and see where his doctrine has gone.
Or, check in with his children when they are grown and see what their doctrine is.
Didn’t take 5 years. Individual salvation is predestinated. Prophecy is useless. A look through his social reveals endless quotes by famous calvinists and NOTHING about Jesus name baptism or Holy Ghost infilling. Even changed the name of the church. No longer “Apostolic” but “Church of the Sovereign God.” Wonder if folks are even permitted to speak with tongues.

That was a fast ride down the slippery slope. Dropping standards of separation just CAN’T mean one is backsliding can it?! After all, the P in Creech’s TULIP!

No, standards mean nothing. You can let go of all those “extra biblical standards” and still hold the doctrine. Just look at Steve Pixler! Oh wait... His “journey out” went a little further than standards, yet some of us were banned for implying he was leading his family to hell. Well, they’re still on their way to hell without repentance. His “Journey out” wasn’t one out of legalism but out of divine truth and potentially the possibility of ever being saved again! Some of you holiness hating Apostolics sure have some great ensamples!

Gets me all fired up! Here’s the thing about truth...love it or lose it. Truth lost is seldom truth regained.

Last edited by consapente89; 02-27-2021 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

2 Timothy 3:8-9 (KJV) 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
If I build again the things I once destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Whether or not the original position of uncut hair is biblical is the true question.
But what if it never was a sin to start with?
Old 02-27-2021, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Didn’t take 5 years. Individual salvation is predestinated. Prophecy is useless. A look through his social reveals endless quotes by famous calvinists and NOTHING about Jesus name baptism or Holy Ghost infilling. Even changed the name of the church. No longer “Apostolic” but “Church of the Sovereign God.” Wonder if folks are even permitted to speak with tongues.

That was a fast ride down the slippery slope. Dropping standards of separation just CAN’T mean one is backsliding can it?! After all, the P in Creech’s TULIP!

No, standards mean nothing. You can let go of all those “extra biblical standards” and still hold the doctrine. Just look at Steve Pixler! Oh wait... His “journey out” went a little further than standards, yet some of us were banned for implying he was leading his family to hell. Well, they’re still on their way to hell without repentance. His “Journey out” wasn’t one out of legalism but out of divine truth and potentially the possibility of ever being saved again! Some of you holiness hating Apostolics sure have some great ensamples!

Gets me all fired up! Here’s the thing about truth...love it or lose it. Truth lost is seldom truth regained.
There was someone here on AFF that said speaking in tongues as the initial outward sign of the Holy Ghost is the first thing to go when a believer begins to "back up" on Apostolic essentials.

Most Jesus Name people I know that have lowered their standard, usually as some stance of "you don't live like that anymore" attitude, do not believe that speaking in tongues is a necessity to have been filled with the Holy Ghost. The church my mother went to a few years ago believed that the fruit of the Spirit was just as valid as speaking in tongues to know if a Christian had been filled with the Holy Ghost. Totally a Charismatic mindset.

I'm friends with Bro Creech on Facebook, and I have been for a little while. I saw the posts where his church was tearing down their old Apostolics of Grant Parish sign and replacing it with their Church of the Sovereign God sign. Naturally, that made me think they had went full-fledged in a direction of moving away from Apostolic fundamentals. It also made me think of another church that once had a strong holiness stance and was founded as Apostolic Shiloh House of Prayer. Once the founders of that church passed on and their son and daughter-in-law took over, they "went charismatic", and they've renamed the church Living Waters Family Worship Center. They still claim Pentecost, though.

Most Apostolic churches that "back up" seem to keep that Charismatic-type feel to their churches; loud music, energetic preaching, speaking in tongues, and those kinds of services. Bro Creech seems to be moving increasingly to a Calvinist mindset. He seems to be embracing a lot of Baptist-type doctrines. I may be wrong, but appears as such.