Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
abuse, eric garner, police, rest in peace, violence

Old 12-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
My gosh...you are a desperate man. lol
Nope, and I wasn't the only one who was puzzled by the seeming flip flop. You say you didn't do that, that's fine, I'm not going to argue about it.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
In order for that to be the case there has to be intent. Because of Eric's preexisting conditions that contributed to the death, it's clear the police did not seek to kill Eric
Heck, I don't even believe they sought to kill him, only their negligence led to his death.

Quote:
Ive said that several times but you are so focused on trying to win an argument that you have distorted everything I have said
Not everything. No need to be a drama queen.

Quote:
You have tried to twist what I have said into me claiming the cops had nothing to do with it, that Eric died from asthma. That is untrue as I have said many times that all factors contributed
No, I mocked your constant reference to his preex conditions and named asthma, since that was mention by either you or PO. Your posts defended the cops to where it indeed appeared you were unwilling to concede their actions led to his death. You've shown I was incorrect on that.

Quote:
When you got called and caught for that lie, you obfuscated again and made it about me using the word contribute as if I said all three factors contributed EQUALLY.
No, again there were posts where it appeared you were trying to claim the preex were more to blame or had a higher factor than what was written in the ME report.

Quote:
You have been doing that for days now and you still continue. This latest stream of hooey about me needing a shrink is just adding to your shame
The last few posts about your belief he should be tried for negligence were correct. For someone who believes the cop should be tried for negligence, you certainly had an odd way of showing it. I've never seen a Prosecutor sit at the defendant's table, but that's what was happening most of this thread.

I'll concede that you never came out with an opinion on the cop until yesterday's post. I would've asked, but your defense made it appear you believed it was right for him not to be true billed or tried.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you watch that video I posted, the move he made could not have killed him, however it has to be DONE CORRECTLY and it's possibly the cops arm could have moved and pressed the air way enough to restrict breathing
Funny, I made that same hypothesis and was told I wasn't being objective.

Quote:
It's also possible that the restraint was held too long
I agree

Quote:
It's also possible that as soon as Eric started to complain about breathing that the police stopping and getting him help faster could have saved his life
I agree.

Quote:
I did not say he was guilty of negligence or anything else. BTW I think maybe the legal term Im looking for is reckless endangerment

Not necessarily criminal negligence.
To try someone for negligence they have to first considered negligent.

An article from yesterday stated the Prosecutor did not believe reckless endangerment fit, since cops are allowed some gray area in arresting people who resist. He believed criminal negligence was the best fit and was surprised by the lack of a true bill.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Saddened by NY Grand Jury Decision To NOT Indi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
IMO the man was killed. I dont think the cops meant it to be that way......yet they killed him over the smallest thing. If nothing else it qualifies for manslaughter.
It may be the smallest of things but maybe we should look at the ones who made that law and set policies too?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

That's not why you aren't being objective. Its you telling me I said something I did not and your appeal to emotional language

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Go Dodgers!

In none of my posts did I qualify one thing over another as the main reason he died. That is the lie you repeat.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
In none of my posts did I qualify one thing over another as the main reason he died. That is the lie you repeat.
Fine. Some of your posts did not appear that way, period. If I read it wrong, so be it. It wasn't a lie, it was how it came across to me. Stop with this utter nonsense that I lied.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

No, I mocked your constant reference to his preex conditions and named asthma, since that was mention by either you or PO. Your posts defended the cops to where it indeed appeared you were unwilling to concede their actions led to his death. You've shown I was incorrect on that.
lol...how can you say " Your posts defended the cops to where it indeed appeared you were unwilling to concede their actions led to his death."

then "You've shown I was incorrect on that."

How can it "appear" that way and yet you quoted me several times admitting their actions contributed?

Old 12-17-2014, 12:34 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Fine. Some of your posts did not appear that way, period. If I read it wrong, so be it. It wasn't a lie, it was how it came across to me. Stop with this utter nonsense that I lied.
The reason I called it a lie is because you repeated it several times even after I told you that was not the case and you became even more belligerent over it.

And now, rather than apologizing for misrepresenting me you charge "Stop with this utter nonsense that I lied."

Good grief.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
lol...how can you say " Your posts defended the cops to where it indeed appeared you were unwilling to concede their actions led to his death."

then "You've shown I was incorrect on that."

How can it "appear" that way and yet you quoted me several times admitting their actions contributed?
Prax, i argued that the cops were guilty of nothing. You appeared to agree with me till recently. If ya step back a second it'll be apparent how ndavid came to the conclusion that you did not even feel the cops were negligent.