Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by South of I 90 View Post
I'm assuming he doesn't have any children also.

I've called my son who is away at a large university 3 times this afternoon.

I can't imagine what the parents of these students are going through.
I believe he has a daughter.

I think Chan gets stuck trying to make a point.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I believe he has a daughter.

I think Chan gets stuck trying to make a point.
He should use his time that he has wasted in "trying to make a point" on this particular thread in sensitivity training!!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Shooting at Virginia Tech this morning 21 dead!
Sad times we live in.
Can hear gunshots as they report over the radio.
I just browsed over this article tonight.How awful this is.I was thinking that the U.S. is getting to be like foreign countries with many of its citizens spoiled and drugged by mental health.What this nation needs is Jesus.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

My first thoughts as I read this article were, 32 people just slipped into eternity. I wonder if there was someone that told them truth. I wonder if they sat next to an apostolic who was so busy with day to day life that they did not have time to share this blessed gospel with them.

Today I was praying about our prayer meetings at church and lack of attendance. I was trying to find a way to make ladies prayer convenient for everyone involved. God spoke to me and said winning the lost and revival is not about convenience but rather it is about sacrifice. We need to picture our lost loved ones slipping into the pit of hell screaming and crying that they would have one more chance. Looking up, and us looking down into their eyes and trying to explain why we were too busy to take 45 minutes out of our week to intercede in unity to stand in the gap between heaved and hell for souls.

I want revival more than anything else in my life. I want to eat, drink and sleep a passion for souls. I want to be so committed to God and souls that if I lose my life doing it, so be it. There is nothing in life more important than rescuing souls from the pit of hell. We need to all weep for the souls that have been lost today, not just in the shooting but in our towns and our own neighborhoods. Have we done everything possible to win the lost or are we letting them slip right through to hell without a fight.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis. jill View Post
My first thoughts as I read this article were, 32 people just slipped into eternity. I wonder if there was someone that told them truth. I wonder if they sat next to an apostolic who was so busy with day to day life that they did not have time to share this blessed gospel with them.

Today I was praying about our prayer meetings at church and lack of attendance. I was trying to find a way to make ladies prayer convenient for everyone involved. God spoke to me and said winning the lost and revival is not about convenience but rather it is about sacrifice. We need to picture our lost loved ones slipping into the pit of hell screaming and crying that they would have one more chance. Looking up, and us looking down into their eyes and trying to explain why we were too busy to take 45 minutes out of our week to intercede in unity to stand in the gap between heaved and hell for souls.

I want revival more than anything else in my life. I want to eat, drink and sleep a passion for souls. I want to be so committed to God and souls that if I lose my life doing it, so be it. There is nothing in life more important than rescuing souls from the pit of hell. We need to all weep for the souls that have been lost today, not just in the shooting but in our towns and our own neighborhoods. Have we done everything possible to win the lost or are we letting them slip right through to hell without a fight.
Amen! I was wondering where this was leading when you stated you wanted
Prayer Meeting to be convenient...

Yes winning souls isn't convenient, but it is wortyh it.
Yesterday at Church I was praying and thinking of numerous souls and SS kids I have seen come through our doors in 24 years.

I still care.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
I think I understand Chan's point... Black women are called npp h*%&%* by their black contemporaries all the time, but it took 66 year old white guy to say it to make the news. The media frenzy is going to get worse. My prayers go out to the victims friends and families.
Finally, someone gets it!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
Luke 13:1-5 speaks of spiritual things not natural things. There were likely Galileans who died in an uprising and workers in Jerusalem who died (most likely in an engineering accident).
Those were natural events: 1) Pilate mingling the blood of Galileans with the sacrifices and; 2) the tower at Siloam falling on some men. Those are NOT spiritual.

Quote:
The Pharisees were against rebellion agaisnst Rome and may have felt that rebellious Galileans deserved to die; while Zealots may have felt the workers in Jerusalem who were cooperating with Rome got what they deserved.
This is nothing more than speculation. Try reading the actual words of the scripture.

Quote:
Rather one dies in a tragic accident or not; is not a measure of how saved someone is. All have a date with death and judgment.
Did I say it was? Your statement is another fine example of poor reading comprehension skills.

Quote:
Nobody is denying that here.

However, as HUMANS we grieve most when we can feel other people's pain. And we most easily feel other's people's pain when we have walked in similar shoes.
And Jesus seemed to be correcting this in His disciples and put those deaths in their proper perspective.

Quote:
And so tonight, America will grieve for its youth who had much potential that is forever lost. And for their fathers and mothers who sacraficed greatly so that their child could have a brighter future. And for their siblings left behind without a chance to say goodbye; and for broken dreams and hearts in a land that is supposed to be filled with promise.

Tonight America will grieve because Norman Rockwell doesn't live here anymore.
But America will not grieve for all the other people who were murdered yesterday.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
Its obvious Chan doesn't have children, I can only imagine what I would be feeling, as I have 3 boys, and every day I hope and pray that they are safe in their school and in their community.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
This whole thing is sad, specially when it involves the very young, a life cut short before it's time, one that will never experience such joys and heartaches that come with growing old.
My own pray is that my children will know love and be loved a mate, have the joy that comes with having kids of their own someday, I hope they own a home find a professions they really enjoy, I want it all for them, the love the pain that comes with getting old. I pray my kids outlive me. So when a young life is snuff out it hits hard, it hits home.
Excuse me???? Before its time???? The BIBLE says it is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgment. No one dies before the appointed time.

We need to stop thinking like this wicked world and start thinking Biblically. Go look at what Jesus said in Luke 13:1-3.

Yes, the shooting was tragic but so were all the other, albeit unreported, shootings that occurred yesterday. Why are these people more deserving of our attention than all the other people who were killed yesterday?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by South of I 90 View Post
I'm assuming he doesn't have any children also.

I've called my son who is away at a large university 3 times this afternoon.

I can't imagine what the parents of these students are going through.
You know what happens when you assume, don't you?