Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Fulness of time

Fulness Of Time

For in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom knew not God.

We live in the greatest generation of knowledge…of new discovery…ever, on the planet Earth. None of our ancestors went this far. We now have dizzying glimpses of the very small, and the very large…the near at hand, and the star-far. Medical breakthroughs are almost commonplace. Deep space exploration never sleeps. Daily we breach new frontiers in physics, in micro-biology, and in technology.

Yet for all of this, there is a famine in the land. A sore famine, of understanding. A dearth of wisdom. Yes, there are learned men everywhere
…in every discipline. But men of understanding, are few and lonely.

We now know, that the seeds of our warp-speed world, were sown into His creation from the beginning. And there they lay dormant, for thousands of years. Atoms…quarks…even strings; if there be any…these are His building blocks of choice. Though we knew them not, they were always there…quietly obeying His laws for some 5,800 years. Us taking that long to dig them out, doesn’t change anything. They were always there.
Oddly, the building blocks of life, have no life of their own. They are like the millions of parts in the space shuttle Columbia. No single part, can of itself, fly. Indeed the man freshly dead on the slab, still has nearly as many atoms as the living Coroner.

Clearly, the sprouting of our dormant knowledge seeds, in just the last 200 years, was His plan all along. For consider how different things might be, if:

The fullness of time… (the birth of His son)

had come today.

There would be instant, world-wide exposure of a fraudulent trial…a shameful conviction. We would have a televised scourging and crucifixion, in Technicolor…and 3D, if you like. Up-to-the-minute coverage of His resurrection…complete with instant replay, and slo-mo. Perhaps even an exclusive interview with the risen Master, on the road to Emmaus, tweeted throughout the Earth.

Although these elements were there all along, God didn’t use them, to tell the bloody story of Calvary. Instead, He ordained that the:

Fulness of time

arrive in an era archaic by our standards. He chose a quill over a keyboard, and papyrus over a monitor. He preferred a pulpit over a film crew, and the smell of goats, over aroma therapy. This, though the web of His own complexity and incense, could never be told.

Between the lepton and Vy Canis Majoris, God made life in a world with our dimensions…our pressures and temperatures. Much like the electro-magnetic spectrum, or the sound spectrum; where our reality, is such a tiny part of the whole.

Pray take note of this, here at the cutting edge. As we spiral down this rabbit hole of knowledge, remember the word of my Lord. After all, knowledge was the first of all temptations. And knowledge without understanding; without stepping back to focus, leads us away from God…just as it did in the Garden.

The realities of life are certainly mysteries. The vastness of the universe. The endlessness of eternity. The smallness of matter. But these mysteries may not daunt us, exciting though they be. For it is here…in our sizes and weights…in our visible spectrum of light…on our rotating planet, that all of life is lived out. What we see…way out there…can never be reached.

Let knowledge, then, bow to passion. A passion to know the Father of such wonder. To know why He did all of this. Because in heaven, few commodities of a man make it through the veil. Only love, holiness, faith, and integrity. One has to wonder what occupation in eternity, requires these on our resume.

And how much more beautifully could He have done, than life on planet Earth? For only here, are these eternal commodities grown and harvested. Out of an endless universe…only here, in our little corner. No matter then, the progress of knowledge, His word and the hammer of social life, sculpt these commodities. Friendship, conflict, love, commerce, family…all chisel away on our soul, to form these few jewels we are allowed to take with us. As my Lord has said:

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Ask yourself, friend. If all the mysteries do unravel, would it really change your life, or its boundaries here on the Earth? Will it change your morning song to your Lord? For in an endless universe, you are a child of the great King. Tell all you meet…be careful with me…for my Father loveth me much. And so, dim not your light for the servants of industry. Nay, but sing your song.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:47 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Fulness of time

Wonderful gripping words! I often wonder... what more is there to discover in this world... how VAST is the knowledge of the Lord... and how small I am. Oh the wonder of it all.... our God created all this... and He knows my heart, and my deepest thoughts... may the wonder of it indeed, never cease to bring a praise to my lips.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Re: Fulness of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Wonderful gripping words! I often wonder... what more is there to discover in this world... how VAST is the knowledge of the Lord... and how small I am. Oh the wonder of it all.... our God created all this... and He knows my heart, and my deepest thoughts... may the wonder of it indeed, never cease to bring a praise to my lips.
Thanx Kept. Indeed, my mouth is stopped in awe, and I grovel in the dust at His greatness.