Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: Merry Christmas to one and all !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Nuttyprofessor1968, what baby is being thrown out with the bathwater? You mean the fellowship part? Aren't we supposed to be doing that with the church family continually? I don't know what you are doing. But we don't do it once a year. We aren't waiting around for December 25th to come around to have fellowship. I don't think you are in any camp. I don't think you even have a baby, let alone bath water. But, please continue you. Whatever you are now arguing for is pretty fragmented at this point.
What constitutes one celebrating Christmas? Is it having a tree, drinking egg nog, hanging lights?
What constitutes one celebrating the Winter Solstice?
Is Celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25 wrong?
If you celebrate the birth of Christ on December are you practicing paganism?
What if you celebrate Resurrection SUNday instead of Easter, is that pagan?

Quote:
Easy, hey bro, you are formulating your own religious practices. Joe Smith, Brigham Young and the 15 other presidents of the church formulated their own religious practices. Only difference is that you put yours through a philosophical blender. But obviously the LDS reference was lost on you. I'm often puzzled how people can be "raised" around a religious group yet never ever understanding what that group really believed.
Again, I WASNT raised LDS. I Pastor in a town that is heavily populated by the LDS Church. I was saying the last thing they need to worry about is Christmas.

Quote:
But it is. It may be your own morphed version, but still an acknowledged holy day within your religion
No its not.

Quote:
Oh, and thank you for sharing. Because what you have been constructing is like an ex alcoholic drinking non alcoholic beer. People who become Christian and listen to Heavy Metal Christain Rock. They don't want to get rid of their old culture. Therefore they baptize their new creation into the Church.
Thats the best you can come up with. My goodness! Because you have someone saying we need balance and not his over the top go get them attitude. You relate me with an ex alcoholic drinking non alcoholic beer, really?

[QUOTE=Evang.Benincasa;1598992] NickyDemo1968, now you just sound silly. Whatever.

That almost sounds like when MTD, says Blessings Dom. Didn’t you stat that was cursing in a sense?

Quote:
Where do you draw the line? Bro, I asked for scripture and verse where we are to appoint a day to celebrate and reflect on Christ's birth. You gave me the nativity story in Luke. Now, maybe you didn't understand the question? But even if you didn't you should of never got involved in the discussion. Originalist copped out with "show me in scripture where God commands us not to worship him on a particular day?" With you saying he has a point? You were raised around LDS? Was your head in the sand? Did your parents allow you to have LDS friends? Bro! That is exactly the whacky reasoning the LDS come up with in an argument. "Show me in Scripture where God commands us not to worship him on a particular day?" The fact is GOD WOULDN'T!!!
Once again, I wasnt raised around LDS.

You may need to go and reread the discussion, you may be getting crossed with all the pages that have been consumed by the this thread. I never responded to you when I quoted the scriptures from Luke. Matter of fact I was responding to no one. Do I need a scripture saying “thou shalt celebrate my birth day?”

The whole reasoning behind, “that was a good point” is because it is. No matter what holiday it is, doesn’t matter if its on the god of the Suns day, or Saturns day, you can worship God without the retribution of getting slaughter for doing so by another brother.

In highlighted blue.
There is no difference with that than when you ask for scripture that stats to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25.

Quote:
Yet, don't argue with someone holding a righteous logical prohibition against something. When all you want to do is eat hot dogs, listen to Dino Martinelli, and get sentimental over THE REAL THING! Not Jesus. You both got into "lets compare some silent night memories together." Albums came out and eggnog laced with tears. No reflection of Christ and the power thereof. Not at all.
This is what Im going after, its not Christmas! I put up a song from Dean Martin and you think thats all I listen to. The way I see in your mind, I post an uplink to a Dean Martin song, and I must be Christmas Everything. Because I post the scriptures in Luke, “dear good god in Zion, where is the scripture....”. No balance!
Well, Ill use your thinking, so Bro. Benincasa you post many videos on AFF, that must mean your a binge watching, coach potato that does nothing but sells weights every now and again to support your TV addiction. I know your not like that, so then why do you post this stuff about me?
BTW, do you still have that KILL YOUR TELEVISION bumper sticker on your vehicle?

Quote:
You said you got a day off on Xmas? Correct? Giving credence to your arguments.
I’m sorry I didnt equate a day off, as a vacation.

Quote:
You just called me a gnat straining blind guide? You love me if I don't buy what your selling? Seriously?
I never called you that. I used that verse as a way to show how unbalanced we as church members can be.

[QUOTE=Evang.Benincasa;1598992] Listen, first off. You need to kill it. Absolutely remove that from your mind. I'll tell you this, don't think about it anymore. Because you return to that baloney at times like these. I don't need to know about it. The church family doesn't need to know about. Remember Meshach Shadrach and Abednego came out of the fire? But what is important is no one can smell the smoke on them. In a discussion we don't need to be compared or what we believe compared to some ecclesiastical nightmare you were once involved in.

I use that to make sure never to get into that position again. Your correct about not smelling the smoke, yet I guarantee they never forgot about that experience. “Those that do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it”.

Quote:
All I am saying is that you guys need to figure out what you are saying.
Just because you dont believe it, or understand it. We have to figure it out. SMH,

[Proverbs 11:1 KJVS
[1] A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight[/I]

Im saying this in general, we need balance.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 12-26-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:30 PM
New User

You’re not “balanced” unless you celebrate pagan holidays. Only on AFF.

“I didn’t say that...” It is the essence of what you said.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

Old 12-26-2020, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
You’re not “balanced” unless you celebrate pagan holidays. Only on AFF.

“I didn’t say that...” It is the essence of what you said.
Not at all.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What a laugh.

I think if you keep posting you might well end up refuting yourself.
You are proving once again your hermeneutics need a little help.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post

Is Celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25 wrong?
If you celebrate the birth of Christ on December are you practicing paganism?
What if you celebrate Resurrection SUNday instead of Easter, is that pagan?
So you are an apologist for Roman and Eastern Churches.

You were raised with LDS and they salute you.

Quote:
Again, I WASNT raised LDS.
I never said you were RAISED LDS. You said you were raised WITH. Correct?

Quote:
I Pastor in a town that is heavily populated by the LDS Church. I was saying the last thing they need to worry about is Christmas.
Pot calling the kettle black?

Quote:
No its not.
Yes it is, you created your own special day which happens to fall on December 25th. You hang out with your family and listen to Dino Martino.

You are funny.

Quote:

Thats the best you can come up with. My goodness! Because you have someone saying we need balance and not his over the top go get them attitude. You relate with with an ex alcoholic drinking non alcoholic beer, really?
Well, I also gave you the reference concerning someone coming out of the world into Christianity How they baptize their music into the church. Heavy Metal Christain music. But both references will do. In your case you struggle between two extremes. Therefore instead of just treating the mass as what it is CATHOLIC, brought into the Protestant church, by the leaders of those movements. You construct your own holy day complete with the Italian crooner singing "Mama, how about a little pizza and quiet? It's a silent night!" That ain't balance, that's a bunch of sentimental "I wish I had a Xmas tree, and my church family caroling" Bro, stop already, go get the tree, dress like Santa Claus. Get a big Italian Nativity Set with the water fall. Because bro, you are halfway there.

Hey what about Lutherans, Methodists, and Presbyterians have infant baptism? They just don't believe like their Roman cousins. So, that makes it ok? Right?

Quote:
That almost sounds like when MTD, says Blessings Dom. Didn’t you stat that was cursing in a sense?
No it doesn't. I was replying to how you understand the chance of Jesus being born on December 25, is pretty much zero. My initial thought is WHAT?? Bro, so with that, you are just like Mormons and the rest of the religious Christendom. They know that what they practice has no basis in their holy writings, but they just keep with the practice for sentimental reasons. My whatever, is why would we even continue this conversation?

Quote:
Once again, I wasnt raised around LDS.
I thought you mentioned that you were raised around LDS? My apologies Now you are in a city where they are everywhere? Yet, you still don't have a clue to what they believe. So, they laugh at you, and go celebrate Joe's birthday, and you go listen to Dino Martin.

Quote:
You may need to go and reread the discussion, you may be getting crossed with all the pages that have been consumed by the this thread. I never responded to you when I quoted the scriptures from Luke. Matter of fact I was responding to no one. Do I need a scripture saying “thou shalt celebrate my birth day?”
Well, you do. You need to produce scriptural proof that the early church celebrated the birth of Jesus Christ. Do you use a Bible to prove water baptism in Jesus name? Or do you tell them that it would be a good idea? Because the Catholic, Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Methodists baptize?

Quote:
The whole reasoning behind, “that was a good point” is because it is. No matter what holiday it is, doesn’t matter if its on the god of the Suns day, or Saturns day, you can worship God without the retribution of getting slaughter for doing so by another brother.
Again, you have no defense against anyone who decides to make up their own special day. None. Mormons thank you

Quote:
There is no difference with that than when you ask for scripture that stats to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25.
Big difference. You are preacher over a congregation? Look, it's like this, Joe wants to celebrate Jesus' birthday on October 31st. He tells you "pastor" that he has done this ever since he was a child. The family gets together, they rake leaves, they have a bonfire. They roast marshmallows, and throw a few Louis Prima records on the wind up. They even dance around the scarecrow while singing oh emmanuel. All you can do is smile wide and say "did you make sure your tithe envelope is in the plate?" But hey, there is no going to the word, are seeking logic. They chose like you to partake in their own day. Swell, nothing matters in the little things, sooner or later it won't matter in the big things.

Quote:

This is what Im going after, its not Christmas! I put up a song from Dean Martin and you think thats all I listen to.
It's not Xmas!!!!!

So what are we talking about????

Of course I don't think you just listen to Dino. You also listen to Bocephus, singing, how he left his hear in Big Mamou.

Quote:
The way I see in your mind,
Now you're a mind reader?

Quote:
I post an uplink to a Dean Martin song, and I must be Christmas Everything. Because I post the scriptures in Luke, “dear good god in Zion, where is the scripture....”. No balance!
No, you aren't defending Xmas. You are defending make believe

No balance? Good luck with that.

Quote:
Well, Ill use your thinking, so Bro. Benincasa you post many videos on AFF, that must mean your a binge watching, coach potato that does nothing but sells weights every now and again to support your TV addiction. I know your not like that, so then why do you post this stuff about me?
BTW, do you still have that KILL YOUR TELEVISION bumper sticker on your vehicle?
You still believe what you believe when you were in the church I met you?

Quote:
I’m sorry I didnt equate a day off, as a vacation.
Why? Do vacations have to be more than one day? If you don't come to work you are on vacation.

Quote:

I never called you that. I used that verse as a way to show how unbalanced we as church members can be.
Oh OK, sure.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You are proving once again your hermeneutics need a little help.
No, it's more like the more you post the more you disprove your position.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I use that to make sure never to get into that position again. Your correct about not smelling the smoke, yet I guarantee they never forgot about that experience. “Those that do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it”.
Bro, you learn and move on. No one in a church family need to hear stories. Two things happen, they either wait for you to do the same, or totally not care. Because they weren't there.. Also it gets painted so black that they don't believe it. You had problems with some religious idiot, there is no way to convey that experience in words. Believe me, I know.

Quote:
Just because you dont believe it, or understand it. We have to figure it out. SMH,
That doesn't make sense. You want to have off on December 25th reflect on Jesus, and weep before a Dean Martin album. Hey, have fun.

Quote:

[Proverbs 11:1 KJVS
[1] A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight[/I]

Im saying this in general, we need balance.
Oh now I don't have balance. Good job.

I'm sure going to have fun with you.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Nicodemus1968;1598982][QUOTE]

I’m sorry to disappoint you, however I’m not in the ditch. Hence the reason why I’m having this discussion. I’m calling for a balance. I think thats funny you believe I celebrate Christmas in the way of Protestants. Go back and read my posts, I’m against Christmas trees, lights, mistletoes, Yule tide logs, wreaths etc. I am for making the day one to be with friends and family. Because of the time of year, I teach the church the paganism side of Christmas, and I also teach that its fine to celebrate the birth of Christ, not with trees, or lights yet with worship and fellowship, and gifts. I refuse to be in the camp where you throw the baby out with the bath water. I was in church like that for years.

[QUOTE] I’m glad I’m not LDS, there celebrating of Christmas is the last thing they need to worry about. They should start with prayers for the dead, baptism for the dead, the witchcraft they have fed for many years, the perversion, the confusion. My town is very heavily Mormon populated. I’m glad I wasnt raised LDS

Christmas is not important to me. I can give how I celebrate to the Lord and not pick it up again. Because I post about Silent Night, by Dean Martin, doesn’t mean I’m some “Christmas everything Christian”, far from it.

I understand concerning the day, I completely agree the chance of Jesus being born on December 25, is pretty much zero.

[QUOTE]

This was the Elders whole point about pointing out that if he was pagan for celebrating Christmas, then his scoffers were as well. Many of us including me, go back centuries and say, “this is when it began, therefore the roots are pagan, and if you are apart of such and such a thing you’ll be tied to paganism.” Ok, thats fine, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Then we need to go back and look at everything we do and are apart of and make sure it does not have the smallest of ties to paganism. Whoever does that let me know when your finished and what you would be allowed to do. I brought up the days of the week, where did the names come from, as Esaias pointed out concerning our SUNday services and change to the sabbath, oh wait Saturday was originally dedicated to Saturn, a pagan god. Again were do you draw the line?

Quote:
Not sure about this?

Matthew 23:24 KJVS
[24] Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

All I’m saying is we need a balance, and if your or anyone doesn’t believe that, ok, still love you.

My Christian walk started in a church that celebrated Christmas not with trees, lights, etc just fellowship with the church family, maybe a gift or two, nothing spectacular. Then from there it went to EXTREMISM, December 25 is of the devil, and if you celebrate then your lost going to hell. Yet, he would celebrate Easter SUNday and he just changed the name to Resurrection SUNday. And I’m ok with that, what I’m not in agreement is, saying one is wrong and pagan, yet then you turn around and say the other is ok.

Like you brought up the TV and Internet debate. Great debate, much needed debate! A preacher can rail against TV, and ill back him 110%, yet if he is watching videos on the internet, whats the difference? The smartphone just became the old fashioned square box that was placed in the living room, that had all the furniture positioned in a way to watch the box at any moment. Now, the phone is WORSE, you can bring it with you anywhere you go, to bed, bathroom etc...

All I’m saying is we need balance.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Why can't the folks defending pagan holy days just point out the Scriptures that support their religious practices? Don't Christians follow the Bible?

Or am I on the wrong forum?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf