Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Prayer for my neighbors

We recently moved into a new neighborhood and there are two neighbors directly across the street from us that constantly stare at us. One of them backed his truck onto our yard and almost hit our house. They sit outside and drink almost everyday. I actually feel sad for them and really want to invite them to church. I have tried saying Hi but they just turn around. I pray that God would make a way. When they are sitting outside and they see us coming from church, they laugh out loud and just stare. I know that deep down inside they are hungry for God. We don't want to move because we are buying the home so please help me pray for a spirit of peace and love.

God bless
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Prayer for my neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvette210 View Post
We recently moved into a new neighborhood and there are two neighbors directly across the street from us that constantly stare at us. One of them backed his truck onto our yard and almost hit our house. They sit outside and drink almost everyday. I actually feel sad for them and really want to invite them to church. I have tried saying Hi but they just turn around. I pray that God would make a way. When they are sitting outside and they see us coming from church, they laugh out loud and just stare. I know that deep down inside they are hungry for God. We don't want to move because we are buying the home so please help me pray for a spirit of peace and love.

God bless
Wow, will do

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

I know this situation all too well. Will be praying about it. Sounds like you have been doing what is expected of yourself. (Being Christ-like). My uncle has a church with neighbors close that were unruly to say the least. Some nights after church the neighbors would wait for everyone to come outside and start yelling vulgarities and such. So much as to even try to start fights on occasion. My uncle persisted in trying to get them to come to church, only to seemingly make the matter worse. This went on for some time. Then it faded and the man end up dying from years of alcohol and substance abuse.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Yesterday, as I arrived home from school with my kids, they stood outside, stared and began yelling out cuss words while drinking. My younger daughter gets a little scared because it only happens when we are alone. If my husband is around they won't do it. I prayed inside and asked God to please make a way. At that exact moment, a little boy came over from their house and asked if he could play with our basketball court. I said of course you can. There was complete silence after that. I happened to look up and made eye contact with one of the men and he just put his head down. It was amazing and maybe it will open up the door for something better.

Thank you for your prayers.
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Praise God