Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I also had Guitarzan.
I have this in MP3.....and a few others by Ray......funny
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 08-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Whether AFF can be sued is not as important as the fact that we all must give an account to God for every idle word written here on AFF. Now that is sobering!

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Mt.12:36)

I like the paraphrase of Matthew 12:34-37 in The Message;

"You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It's your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation."
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
While viewing Craigslist, I came across the Landmark Legal decision where Craigslist was sued by a group of Chicago Lawyers based on the idea that some of Craiglist's ads for housing were discriminatory.

The Judge in the case threw out the case based on the idea that Internet sites that only publish or post information put out by members are not responsible for the content.

Here is the link to the exact legalease and text:

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ns_Decency_Act

Just thought I would share this since over the years this has come up on occasion.

This is the editable and not always factual Wikipedia.

Not a legal brief.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
What if a Boy named Sue is posting?

Would that count?

Does SueLee count?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:

"You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It's your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words.

A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard.

Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning.

Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation."
Wow! That's fairly heavy duty! Woah!

We all need to hear this now and again - certainly I do.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 08-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
I have this in MP3.....and a few others by Ray......funny
He's a nut! I love his stuff.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
The best advice is to not post what you wouldn't want The Just Judge to read............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
Whether AFF can be sued is not as important as the fact that we all must give an account to God for every idle word written here on AFF. Now that is sobering!

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Mt.12:36)

"You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It's your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation."
Agreed. Good stuff!!!!

Quote:
James 3:1 - 18 (KJV) 1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Quote:
Luke 6:45 - 46 (KJV) 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 08-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
This is the editable and not always factual Wikipedia.

Not a legal brief.
Boom, follow me here, Craigslist had this posted on their corporate site and linked to wiki site, I know you can't trust Wiki all the time, but this is accurate and up to date.

http://http://www.craigslist.org/abo...r.housing.html