Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: XUPC Minister Starting GAY Church at Stonewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I believe it is correct to say that this sin is a forgivable sin like any other. We hate the sin and love the sinner so to speak. I know brothers (and sisters) who have been down this road experimentally for a period or who were in bondage to it. Some still fight this battle with the desires of their flesh on occasion. We need to have compassion, but we can’t water it down for their sakes. If we grow too soft toward this it could destroy marriages and ministries. All it would take for some is one mistake, one slip up…one moment of weakness and their lives could be destroyed. Not to mention the potential of contracting a life threatening disease.

We’re all human and predisposed to sin. Some are more predisposed to this one than others. If you’ve had struggles in this area please know that you are not alone and that God still loves you. He knows you’re but flesh. But God’s very nature, his holiness, demands judgment upon sin. Sin is sin primarily because it twists God’s intention for his creation, which was to glorify him, and causes it to glorify itself and its own desires. It carries God’s creation away from him. The danger of this sin is that it will begin to define you with a lie. It will say, “This is simply what you are.” Wrong. If this lie is believed it will tear you away from God’s love and mercy and plunge you into the darkest night of soul and shame you could ever imagine. Don’t let it define you. You’re a child of God. It may say, “You were born this way.” But in all honesty friend, we were all born sinners. That’s just a lie this spirit uses to try to convince you to give in. You may have struggles in this area but unless you act on these feelings from your flesh you’ve not sinned. And that’s all they are, feelings from your flesh. It’s not you…it’s the flesh. I know this may sound harsh, but please forgive me; it’s your low down, dirty, rotten, stinkin’, sinful flesh. And guess what…we all have flesh… and ours is just as corrupt as yours. We must stay on top of our flesh and keep it in subjection to the Holy Ghost.

But what if you’re reading this and you have fallen or given in? First, keep your mind from panicking. Calm down. Take a deep breath and get real and honest with yourself. Accept responsibility for letting it happen. Somehow you may have put yourself in a position to allow it to happen. This isn’t placing “blame” or intended to be condemnatory, but rather an honest intellectual exercise in personal responsibility. This can’t be dealt with until you accept ownership of it.

Next go to God and talk to him. Find time to get alone and TALK out loud. Tell him how you feel and how you’re struggling. Ask for his help. Ask him to forgive you. Let the tears go. When you’re with him…it’s ok to express your weakness and helplessness. Ask him to help keep you from ever doing this again. Pray in the Holy Ghost. You’ll feel so unclean and the last thing you’ll feel like doing is praying in the Holy Ghost…but you’re spirit now needs to be edified and built up. You can’t win this battle alone. Immediately sever any friendship, contact, or relationship with the individual this happened with. Change churches if necessary. You may also need counsel from your pastor; or if you’re married you may also need to confess to your wife or husband, follow God’s leading here because there may be serious repercussions.

Now comes the hardest part. Forgive yourself. Put it behind you. You’re human and you seriously messed up. But today is a new day. Now is a fresh chance to start again. God still loves you and longs to see you saved more than you do.

Pray for a healing. Pray that God miraculously heals your entire person; body, soul, and spirit. Being delivered from this will take a deep and powerful healing. Many repent and determine in themselves never to do this again through pure willpower…but in all honesty their success rate is rather low. This predisposition isn’t merely a choice to make or not to make. It’s not in your head…it’s in your flesh. The flesh has its wants and will continue to have it’s wants until you receive a powerful deliverance and healing touch from God. This kind of healing and deliverance is truly a miracle of miracles and it’s something many have experienced. Until you receive this touch you’ll most likely struggle with these desires. Without this touch, even if you don’t act on these feelings, you may struggle with this for many years; if not most of your life. But I’ve seen it happen. Once the Lord has set you free and healed your entire person (body, mind, and emotions) you’ll be whole again and free of this infirmity. You’ll begin to have normal thoughts and desires. It is a supernatural change that only God can perform, you cannot do this on your own. God is there for you and I believe he will set you free…I’ve seen it happen.

And here’s more good news…we’re here to pray for you and talk to you any time you need us. We’re not here to bash or attack you. We will stand with you and love you long after those who seduced you leave you used and abused for their next conquest.

I feel a Word in the Holy Ghost for those who struggle with this…..

Isaiah 53:5-6
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Your healing and deliverance is only…by his stripes. The scourge you deserve was laid upon him. He willingly allowed himself to be literally beaten to shreds to atone for your sin. Is that an act of a God who hates you? Oh if you only knew the depth of his love for you, even in spite of this sin. The sounds of his beating, the cracking of the whips, the slashing of the lashes…these eco down through time and can be heard even now in your darkest hour…at the moment of your failure…they can be heard today in the darkness of a late night movie theater, they can be heard in the smoke filled bars aglow in neon lights. They can be heard in the hallways and in every darkened room of every roadside motel. And when your memory remembers those places and those failures Satan will do his very best to try and make sure that you hear only his accusations and condemnation…. because he knows that if your spirit can hear the stripes...he knows you can call out to that blood and be forgiven, healed, and set free.

If you’re struggling and need a touch from God, turn off your computer right now and hear the stripes being placed upon his back…I know that if you cry out to his blood you’ll have begun the journey home from that far off country… and though you may not believe God still loves you…on that stretch toward home, you’ll see your Heavenly Father running to greet you and welcome you back in with arms wide open.
That deserves a standing ovation...
Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
Christian Garrett Starting A Gay church at Stonewall

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=293 654017

From his blog....

Dear Friends,

Richest greetings and kindest love from snowy New York. It has been a day of rain and sleet and is beautiful, but cold!

I am writing to ask you to pray about helping us in the launch of a very historic Church plant. On January the 6th at 2pm, we will hold our first service of "Church at Stonewall." We will be meeting in the Stonewall Inn which was the site of the 1969 Stonewall riots. The events of that year are credited by many as being the beginning of the modern gay rights movement.

The Church will be an all inclusive Church that reaches beyond religion into the message of God's eternal and unconditional love. There will be a strong emphasis on healing many in the GLBT community who have been rejected and hurt by right wing religion. We will be presenting the amazing message of God's universal love and grace. God is love and love is God and is within us all.

We need to raise around $2,000 more dollars by the first of January to help with the entire work that goes into starting a Church. I want you to pray about giving to help this new work which will take the good news of God's love and grace into the very heart of New York City.

If you are interested in helping us out...send us a message here at myspace and we will forward you additional information on where to send your gifts.

Thanks so much for your love and support,

Christian
He oughta get lots of donations,

THE DEVIL TAKES CARE OF HIS OWN!!!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

It is sad, but this particular sin is becoming more manifest in Pentecostal circles, where is brings great reproach upon the church.

I believe that it is at least partly caused by a demonic spirit. I will not clarify myself more than that, but I know what I have seen.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
It is sad, but this particular sin is becoming more manifest in Pentecostal circles, where is brings great reproach upon the church.

I believe that it is at least partly caused by a demonic spirit. I will not clarify myself more than that, but I know what I have seen.
What have you seen?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

When they would not receive a love for the truth, GOD would send them a strong dellution that they would believe a lie and be damned. This is what happens when folks question the validity of certain aspects of the Bible. The Bible isn't a salad bar! Take it all, or leave it ALL!!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM

What is a dellution?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
What is a dellution?
I believe the meant to say delusion...

it means accepting false beliefs..

once you head down that road , I suppose it takes a miracle to come back
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocatelloApostolic View Post
When they would not receive a love for the truth, GOD would send them a strong dellution that they would believe a lie and be damned. This is what happens when folks question the validity of certain aspects of the Bible. The Bible isn't a salad bar! Take it all, or leave it ALL!!
In context Paul's statements regarding the degeneration of pagan peoples is designed to prepare the condemnation he issues to those who are Jewish and living by the Law. The passage is designed to get the legalist cheering as Paul condemns sin, then Paul writes....
Romans 2:1-4 (NIV)
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
The remainder of Romans is regarding the Christian's salvation. The text wasn't written to use to condemn sinners... because let's look at the sins they are charged with....
Romans 1:21-32 (NIV)
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Idolatry, homosexual desire, greed, envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice, gossip, slander, God-haters, insolence, arrogance, boasting, inventers of evil ways, disobedient to parents, lacking understanding of things holy, lack of fidelity, lack of love, and lack of mercy.

When we gear up and cheer Paul on in his condemnation of their sins... he's setting us up. Because WE are all guilty of many of the same things. Thus we stand condemned when we judge another. Our righteousness is only found in Christ Jesus. It is HIS righteousness that covers us. Without Christ's own righteousness... we'd be just as depraved in God's sight as the homosexual. And the homosexual's only hope is the same hope we cling to... the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

This righteousness is imputed to us... it's not given based on our works. Our salvation is not about our behavior or meeting God's standards... it's based on what Christ did on the cross... from start to finish. And indeed... it is finished.

I pray for those who struggle with this sin. I pray they find their peace in Jesus Christ, for once they do... He will change them according to His will.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Pentecostalgirl

Im sorry u are sadly mistaking...It plainly says in God's word that we are not to take away from his word or add to it.....It was written the way he wanted it to be written not the way man wanted it to be written...God does not agree with with people being gay or lesbians..Its abomination in God's eyes
Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM

sadly mistaking?