Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
True, but that's easy to fix too - just multiply the numbers out at the current rate it's going and you will get an apples to apples number!
It takes a women to tell them how to do it.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
True, but that's easy to fix too - just multiply the numbers out at the current rate it's going and you will get an apples to apples number!
This is at the core of the statistician's protest.

By multiplying the numbers out at the current rate it's going you will still get an apples to oranges comparison.

The equivalent would be to take a three month average of church attendance using June, July, and August, and comparing it to a twelve month average attendance at the same church.

For statistics to be used for comparison the defining parameters must be the same.

The NFCF and GNC numbers include the slow months of summer when many posters find a brief window of sunny life outside the forums.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVIN View Post

By multiplying the numbers out at the current rate it's going you will still get an apples to oranges comparison.

The equivalent would be to take a three month average of church attendance using June, July, and August, and comparing it to a twelve month average attendance at the same church.

For statistics to be used for comparison the defining parameters must be the same.

The NFCF and GNC numbers include the slow months of summer when many posters find a brief window of sunny life outside the forums.
Makes sense to me Alvin.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-05-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
...and once again....for the record...I am in no way bitter. Just pointing out a comparison difference and that was all. I am sorry BOOMM tried to make it more than what it was...unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
I think you should open up a new Apology thread to make it right.... or at least post on someone elses' Apology thread to make it more official....
Great, another Sorry Thread.

SoCali, I did not mean to post you were bitter.

Granted the 54 day mark cannot be compared exactly, there are some distinct advantages here.

The Gang of Eight was a group who overtook Thad's Tab and while many were interested long term in Thad as a husband, the short term goal was to up post counts alone without any substance. This also drove Thad close to insanity.

And in the end, Thad is still here.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:

right you are.... a statistician after my own heart....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
My Family!

Quote:

That's true - - what I said would be more of a projection, which you do in business too. What you have said would be more accurate.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
delete account

Wink

Quote:
only a little bit, but in a "Grumpy Old Men" kinda way.... you remind me of my grumpy, old neighbor who was always mean to me and my younger sister growing up.... if you sit outside in cheap lawnchairs and smoke/drink like he did, I'm going to have to buy a plane ticket to where you live and smack you aside the head....

I trust that smoking/drinking aren't your vices in life, so you should be alright.... in the mean-time, we'll just have to put up with each other as online-neighbors.... Hidy ho, neighbor!
The Grumpy Old Men had a Major CRUSH on the lovely lady...does that mean you have a crush on me Mal? You know some men love older women
Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
The Grumpy Old Men had a Major CRUSH on the lovely lady...does that mean you have a crush on me Mal? You know some men love older women
ummmmmm.... I'm definately a "younger lady" type fellow....

not to the KC "younger lady" level; just 5 or so years younger....

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
delete account

Smile

Quote:
ummmmmm.... I'm definately a "younger lady" type fellow....

not to the KC "younger lady" level; just 5 or so years younger....
Your loss Mal...!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
First NFCF date I could find -- 01-02-2006, 01:13 AM
BOOMM Reference point -- 01-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Approximately 388 Days -- Threads: 9,180 -- Posts: 494,458
NFCF Average 24 new threads, 1,274 posts per day....
First GNC date I could find -- 3/14/2003
Current Date -- 8/13/2007
Approximately 1,1613 Days -- Threads: 11,104 -- Posts: 268,938
GNC Average 7 new threads, 178 posts per day....

First AFF date I could find -- 2/9/2007
Current Date -- 8/13/2007
Approximately 185 Days -- Threads: 5,429 -- Posts: 208,037
AFF Average 29 new threads, 1,124 posts per day....

Last edited by Malvaro; 08-13-2007 at 01:52 PM.