Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Starbucks and White Guilt

So this man walks into a Starbucks store while live streaming on Periscope. He claims he's there to claim the "Starbucks reparations voucher" for free coffee due to "Starbucks is racist."

AND THE GIRL GIVES HIM FREE COFFEE!

Watch:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqGvpYQodgxB

From looking over his twitter feed, he did this to show white guilt and that racism in America is "a cash cow." He says "Black privilege gets me free coffee. I love racism. Only in America."

It's interesting see the reaction to this. Some are angry with him, threatening violence for "race baiting," but most see what he's doing, including this tweet which sums it up well:

"@VibeHi Starbucks prank was poking fun at the left and yet many right leaning outlets are missing the point. He's showing you fools the wizard behind the curtain and exposing the truth behind the white guilt movement. I give up."

"You bout the only person I know who can get white liberals and #MAGA people to come together, to hate the same thing."

Oh, and Starbucks is closing for a few hours next month for diversity training. They should hire Michael Scott to do the training. HA!
Old 04-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Starbucks and White Guilt

Well, looks like I'm going to get my FREE triple venti white mocha!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

But you know what is really sad, is that the girl Amanda who served Jesus Hotep? Is the future of this country, and the recipient of the Carlton Pearson "all rapists go to heaven" doctrine. White guilt, more like stupid snowflake teens of the United States of Amnesia.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Well, looks like I'm going to get my FREE triple venti white mocha!!!
God bless 'Murica!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Banned

"Racism in America is a cash cow..."
Old 04-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Banned

People go to Starbucks all the time for meetings and what not. These guys were singled out. The question is why. The lady who called the police on these guys set all of this in motion and there is no doubt in my mind that their race is what drew her attention to them. I am glad it happened though. It helps to highlight the unconscious racial bias that the minorities in America still face. Not everyone who cries race is being truthful, but this is an open and shut case.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
"Racism in America is a cash cow..."

Old 04-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
People go to Starbucks all the time for meetings and what not. These guys were singled out. The question is why. The lady who called the police on these guys set all of this in motion and there is no doubt in my mind that their race is what drew her attention to them. I am glad it happened though. It helps to highlight the unconscious racial bias that the minorities in America still face. Not everyone who cries race is being truthful, but this is an open and shut case.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 04-20-2018, 09:32 AM
Banned

I had married into a family wherein half the members were Reformed Jews. Ruth, my grandmother-in-law bore the tattoo of having been in a concentration camp. The family knew of many people lost in the Holocaust and can explain the toll (emotional and economic) that it took on their family overall. Being present with them as they remembered the Holocaust was an eye opener for me in how pain and loss can be inherited by generations after the fact.

The Atlantic slave trade was an inhumane machine of death and subjugation. An estimated 2 million to 5 million human beings died as a result of this market. The history, wealth, and identity of those peoples subjected to this trade were systematically destroyed in the process. An estimated 10.7 million were taken from their homelands to South America and the Caribbean, as well as North America between 1500 and 1866. Of that, about 390,000 made it to North American soil. This was about 3 percent of the total.

Historian Herbert Klein of Columbia and Stanford universities, has explained that the data suggest that about 85,000 people destined for North America did not survive the trip across the Atlantic. According to Klein, the death toll by the slave trade in all of North and South America was estimated at the very least as being 1.8 million.

While these studies consider deaths due to the capture and transport of slaves, they say nothing about the people who died in bondage from brutality, disease and deprivation. Another issue with these numbers is that they do not take into account the illegal shipments of slaves after 1808.

I look at the issue of slavery as an African Holocaust. I don't see this as "white guilt". I just look at it like facing the reality regarding a bloody and inhuman practice engaged in by my nation. Balance is definitely needed on the issue. If someone can prove that they are descendants of slaves, I can see some form of reparations made. But there should be solid evidence that they are indeed descendants of slaves. What reparations would be adequate? I'm not certain. I certainly don't think giving free coffee treats the issue as seriously as it is. And the man's point is well taken. Merely being black shouldn't be a cash cow. Numerous people of African ancestry have come to the United States and have never had ancestors involved in the slave trade. I find it a bit peculiar that every person of color assumes that they are a descendant of slaves. When considering actual reparations to those who can prove slave ancestor status, perhaps we could focus on tax exemptions and educational opportunities. This shouldn't be about color, it should be about actual historicity of atrocity. I am willing to wager that a number of black Americans will find that they do not have ancestors who were slaves. But certainly those who do should be given some form of restitution.

At least, that's my current opinion.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
At least, that's my current opinion.
Should be your signature line.