Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Pray for Todd Bentley? Why sure, and while your at it pray for the Dali Lama, he's a nice chap, and Ozzy Osborn, and his family they need a break.

EXACTLY!!! COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF! Paul was real clear about his prayer for those that were FALSE prophets troubling the people of God, that THEY WOULD BE CUT OFF!

"I would that they were even CUT OFF which trouble you." Galatians 5:12
Paul didnt mince words with false prophets, Jesus didnt mince words with false prophets and neither should we! Sound a clear alarm and expose them and pray them away!!!!!

I do not labour under doubt as to what the Gospel is, and when ravening wolves in sheeps clothing come in destroying the sheep with a FALSE gospel, its not time to pray FOR them it is time to pray AGAINST them. (Sheeka boom BAM!)

Sorry, I took one look at Sheeka Bam Boom and had no doubt in my spirit at the horrible deceiver who was in back of all this nonsense.

One thing you have to give old Ozzy, He hasnt come into the sheep fold passing himself off as a man of God to destroy mens lives.

I am now open for attack. Prepare to fire.
This is what Ozzy had to say about those who passed themselves off as men of God and got exposed by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Im looking for a miracle man
That tells me no lies
Im looking for a miracle man
Whos not in disguise

I dont know where he'll come from
And I dont know where hes been
But its not our jimmy sinner
Because hes so obscene

Miracle man got busted
Miracle man got busted

Today I saw a miracle man
On tv cryin
Such a hypocritical man

Mat 24:11

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

Psa 1:1

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

1Jn 4:1

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Pro 1:15

"My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood."

2Pe 2:1-2

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of."

2Pet 2:15-16

"Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the WAGES of unrighteousness; But WAS REBUKED for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet."

1Tim 3:8-9

"Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of FILTHY LUCRE; Holding the mystery of the faith in a PURE conscience."

Tit 1:7

"For a bishop must be BLAMELESS, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, NOT soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to FILTHY LUCRE;"

Tit 1:11

"Whose mouths MUST BE STOPPED, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for FILTHY LUCRE'S SAKE."

1Pe 5:2

"Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for FILTHY LUCRE, but of a ready mind;"

Jer 5:31

"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by THEIR MEANS; and my people LOVE TO HAVE IT SO: and what will ye do in the end thereof?"

Rev 2:2

"I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are EVIL: and thou hast TRIED THEM which SAY they are apostles, and ARE NOT, and hast FOUND them liars:"

2Cor 11:3-4

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be CORRUPTED from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth ANOTHER Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive ANOTHER spirit, which ye have not received, or ANOTHER gospel, which ye have not accepted, YE might WELL BEAR WITH HIM."

This is what happens when you use the Bible instead of the DSM 4.

Jokers like Todd Bentley need to be rebuked with speed, and warn anyone who may walk into their trap. What happened to Todd Bentley was Jesus' way of Todd's wake up call. That's what happens when someone gets prayed for and they are not doing the right thing. They get corrected by the rod of God. You see in our touchy feeley world, we don't want to offend anyone.

This is why we will allow children and women to get abused and turn the head the other way. Because we wouldn't want to get invovled, or we might offend someone.

Tell it like it is, sanguine, choleric, melancholic and phlegmatic (sounds like something in your throat), are excuses for people to behave the same way they came into the church, and continue in their immature behaviour.

You come to God with a repentent heart and change, no labels but Christ-Like. Walk in the light as HE is in the LIGHT, plain and simple. No excuses.

Todd Bentley, was not only wrong scripturally, but he is wrong morally.

You want to pray for him, then keep praying that the Lord pour on the correction. That is NEVER a bad thing but a great thing.

God CORRECTS those who HE LOVES.

Too bad none of the ones who claim to know God believe that He is in the buisness of raising healthy mature children. Instead of allowing His children to be dysfunctional.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 AM
delete account

The louder you say something doesn't mean it is right...just mean you think we are deaf.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

EB, stay after it Bro. You're tellin it straight. Never mind all this secular reasoning.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

This whole Lakeland revival thing shows just how hungry people are for a savior.that they would listen to psyco like that . he does need prayer not judgement .maybe he was mislead and was running with what he knew i dont think so, but who knows? but really if someone so mislead could reach so many people how much more should we who know the truth? why dont we ...are we to judgemental do we require to much?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Honorary Admin

God used Todd Bentley..................so did the enemy! Unfortunately, the enemy got the upper hand. I pray for Todd's deliverance and for victory in his life. He needs the mercy and touch of the Almighty God upon him! May God have mercy upon him and forgive him for all his "wackiness!" At least he has come under authority, which is more than I can say for some other "wackiness" in oneness circles.

Leading people astray is wrong no matter whose "camp" it is in!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Apparently it is possible to cut and paste large portions of Scripture without being able to read or comprehend them.
It looks like it's working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
It is the Lord who judges and punishes not us.
Pro 13:24

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Pro 22:15

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Pro 23:13-14

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

Pro 29:15

"The rod and reproof give WISDOM: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to SHAME."

Judgement of God is swift destruction, so, I hope that is not what you pray for people to have. Chastisment is what happens to the children of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Fools also get the rod, just like Mr. Bentley.

Pro 26:3

"A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back."

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddMann24 View Post
This whole Lakeland revival thing shows just how hungry people are for a savior.that they would listen to psyco like that . he does need prayer not judgement .maybe he was mislead and was running with what he knew i dont think so, but who knows? but really if someone so mislead could reach so many people how much more should we who know the truth? why dont we ...are we to judgemental do we require to much?
Some of it is us not reaching enough and some is, when reached, some don't want to hear the Truth.

2 Timothy 4:1 - 5 (KJV) 1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
The louder you say something doesn't mean it is right...just mean you think we are deaf.

Blessings, Rhoni
It just means he can increase the text size AND cut and paste without knowing what it is he is posting. Apparently he scrolled right off of his online Bible page to quote a drugged out 80's rocker for the truth of what he is saying. Maybe he should pick up Kid Rock's newest album Rock N Roll Jesus bet he could find some great quotes there to increase the text size.
Must be trying to translate the "Weak point talk louder" to print.

Testify
It's a Rock revival
Don't need a suit
Ya don't need a bible
Get up and dance
I'm gonna set you free yeah
Testify

Kid Rock - Rock n Roll Jesus
Old 08-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
It looks like it's working for you.

Pro 13:24

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Pro 22:15

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Pro 23:13-14

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

Pro 29:15

"The rod and reproof give WISDOM: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to SHAME."

Judgement of God is swift destruction, so, I hope that is not what you pray for people to have. Chastisment is what happens to the children of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Fools also get the rod, just like Mr. Bentley.

Pro 26:3

"A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back."

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
Todd Bentley is your Son? My Gosh man why didn't you say so.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post

Blessings, Rhoni
Rev 2:11

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."