Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Thoughts on what brings God's blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Physically dying does not free anyone from the law of sin and death:

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans:8:2
Romans 8:2 does it everytime
Old 12-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I do not believe that. No sin is in heaven, but before God takes us there, he ensured that this would remain the case.

He left us in this sin-ridden world after he saved us. We are bombarded with temptations all the time, and we learn to overcome in time. And after having done all to resist sin and learn to overcome it, and having been blasted with it on a daily basis from the world and the devil, it's a pretty good scenario that those who make it will not sin later. But the idea that we cannot sin in heaven is not biblical. Angels fell due to sin.
He will made to be like him. That's the difference between us and the Angel's.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Physically dying does not free anyone from the law of sin and death:

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans:8:2
Go, tell it on the mountain! Too many are waiting to kick-off or be raptured. Too many "just go to heaven, who cares about the earth" believers. So they wait for some future end-time scenario they think will finally save them.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 12-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
He will made to be like him. That's the difference between us and the Angel's.
He, who? Will be made like who?
Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

Just so I’m understanding you guys correctly.

Romans 8:1-2
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

I believe we agree, that just because you die (physically) that doesn’t free you from sin. Our victory over sin comes from Jesus Christ i.e Acts 2:38 experience and then living a holy overcoming life in the discipline of the gospel.

What I want to make sure I understand is, so far the majority on this thread believes that us that were on this earth (physically) received Acts 2:38 message lived this life in the fear of God, when we die we have the ability to either stay in Gods presence or we can decide to rebel (bad rebellion) against God and from that point be tossed out to Hell?

Because looks like Mr. Blume, Mr. Benincasa, and Mr. Esaias are pointing towards the fall of Satan and Angels. And using that scripture to state that well have the same option when we die? That’s just fascinating to me! Bro. Benincasa Ill ask you the same question you asked someone earlier, “you do understand the implications of what you just posted?”

A false balance is an abomination to God, there’s a ditch on both sides of the road. So if we’re able to have a free will in the dimension of God to chose to not be in Gods presence like “Satan” and “his Angels” appear to have done and commit sin, then that means those that have committed sin have the ability to go to Heaven once there in Hell.

Paul said it like this....

Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.

So to sinners that are in hell right now, there is a lot of sin there (apparently) that means Grace will overcome that sin and they can leave Hell and enter into his gates with Thanksgiving and into his courts with praise. One thing I might add, those angels your comparing yourself to, the Bible says “they desire to look into” Maybe one of you men can give me scripture that teaches angels also receive the Holy Ghost, because if they have the ability and free will, that means that free will has to be submitted by his spirit (Holy Ghost). Free will not submitted to God is Rebellion.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
He, who? Will be made like who?
Excuse me bro, I be doing fast posting in between doing stuff. I meant we will be like hin when enter into a glorified state with him.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Just so I’m understanding you guys correctly.

Romans 8:1-2
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

I believe we agree, that just because you die (physically) that doesn’t free you from sin. Our victory over sin comes from Jesus Christ i.e Acts 2:38 experience and then living a holy overcoming life in the discipline of the gospel.

What I want to make sure I understand is, so far the majority on this thread believes that us that were on this earth (physically) received Acts 2:38 message lived this life in the fear of God, when we die we have the ability to either stay in Gods presence or we can decide to rebel (bad rebellion) against God and from that point be tossed out to Hell?

Because looks like Mr. Blume, Mr. Benincasa, and Mr. Esaias are pointing towards the fall of Satan and Angels. And using that scripture to state that well have the same option when we die? That’s just fascinating to me! Bro. Benincasa Ill ask you the same question you asked someone earlier, “you do understand the implications of what you just posted?”

A false balance is an abomination to God, there’s a ditch on both sides of the road. So if we’re able to have a free will in the dimension of God to chose to not be in Gods presence like “Satan” and “his Angels” appear to have done and commit sin, then that means those that have committed sin have the ability to go to Heaven once there in Hell.

Paul said it like this....

Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.

So to sinners that are in hell right now, there is a lot of sin there (apparently) that means Grace will overcome that sin and they can leave Hell and enter into his gates with Thanksgiving and into his courts with praise. One thing I might add, those angels your comparing yourself to, the Bible says “they desire to look into” Maybe one of you men can give me scripture that teaches angels also receive the Holy Ghost, because if they have the ability and free will, that means that free will has to be submitted by his spirit (Holy Ghost). Free will not submitted to God is Rebellion.
I don't believe God's holy angels rebelled and fell from grace. I believe that is a dangerous Jewish heresy rebuked by both Peter and Jude.

But besides that, sinners on the day of judgment suffer the second death and will perish. They will not be around to change their mind, and even if they lived forever they wouldn't change their mind. Not because they literally cannot, but because they WILL not. That's why they suffer the second death, because they chose death and refuse life. Besides, just because a prisoner reforms and has remorse and really does have a change of heart doesn't obligate the governor to pardon him. Trial was had, sentence was given and carried out, no appeals and no paroles. Too bad so sad.

The saints, however, will eternally live to please God. Not because they literally CANNOT do otherwise, but because they chose life and continue to choose it. Their mind is made up, and it was made up BEFORE they departed this life.

Free will does not mean a being must choose to sin against God. God Himself has free will. He chooses what is right. If a person has no free will, they have no moral character, either good or bad. No more than a tree has moral character.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-03-2019, 09:46 PM
New User

Quote:

I don't believe God's holy angels rebelled and fell from grace. I believe that is a dangerous Jewish heresy rebuked by both Peter and Jude.
Rev 12:4?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Remember Joseph’s dream

Genesis 37:9-10
[9] And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. [10] And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

I don’t want to get off subject, yet go study what and who the stars really are, might as well look at the sun and the moon since your there. And also read about the writing against the Babylonian king in Isaiah 14. !!Spoiler Alert!! Not what you were taught in Sunday School Class.... LOL
Old 12-04-2019, 07:35 AM
On the road less traveled

Fascinating discussion.

Excellent teaching Bro. Blume!

Whenever I think of blessings, I think of the sermon on the Mount

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the [a]earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you,
and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

The blessings of the Lord are not the stuff of an American dream. But the blessings of the Lord teach us to depend on Him more, and lean on Him through the hardships we encounter.

God's economy is upside down to the world's. He who is great, shall be least, and the least shall be great. The blessings of the Lord in our life may lead to sorrow, heartache, pain and suffering, but the end result will be an overcoming victory over our flesh, which is the greatest blessing of all, and the knowledge that we can do nothing without and apart from Him that has eternal value.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We are saved through the gift of faith given to us by Jesus. Our works show our thankfulness for His great gift. His righteousness is ours because of our faith.

Salvation is a gift. Works are a sign of appreciation for that great gift. Heaven is our eternal reward for overcoming our flesh by the blood through the power given to us at Calvary.