Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Not quite the same. Libs don't tell conservatives that they'll go to hell for swimming in blue jeans. They (some) just think it looks odd and can be unsafe.

There is a bit of a difference.
I agree, on your point, that there is a "bit" of a difference. In ridicule and judgment, it's the same, IMO.

We have several churches in our city that are much more strict than we are. One thing I would never do is criticize them for what they believe. They sincerely believe that how they live is how God wants them to live. They sincerely feel that what they believe is what God wants them to believe. I would not touch that for the world. I know that the Word is true - "They that hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled." I don't have to stress over what other churches teach or how people choose to live. Birds of a feather will flock together. If I have a sincere relationship with God, He won't leave me and will forever lead and guide me - even unto death.

I am all for coming here, voluntarily, to discuss our views and interpretation of scripture - to debate the merits. I am not for coming here and saying, as PowerUp has done, "Thank You!!! My point exactly. Drives me nuts when people say they are a witness by doing such!!! Wouldn't bring me to Christ!!! Stay at home!!!

Yes, he has agonized over that statement, but it was said and we must use the example because of the direction of the conversation. So sorry, PowerUp. Fair game! LOL!

That, IMO, is interfering in another person's personal business, beliefs and life. It is not discussing the merits of Biblical interpretation and I think that is what LadyRev and Abigail (by their quotes) have issue with. Both of their posts were from the heart and well done. We speak of being respectful to both sides, but we are not doing that in practice. Some of the things written on this thread are proof enough. I think we could do better, but we have discussed doing better since FCF and are still talking of doing better. I believe we may possibly be on a Merry-go-round. I wish the person turning it would stop so that we could all get off. LOL!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Um actually how people dress at the beach or at an amusement park is really no one elses business.......unless of course they are naked, then of course we have the Law ( police) for that one.
I think that might free up alotta your minds..........:0)
That way you can all worry about ( make fun of) whatever the case might be.....other thingsssssss...........:0)
Old 05-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
It is very impractical, but again, they're trying to have fun and still obey rules or abide by their own convictions. Either way, I'm appreciative when people get their families out of the house and try to have a nice time. I know way too many Apostolics who answer the problem by being couch potatoes and staying at home all the time. That's way worse, IMO.

That said, there are some things you simply can't do modestly or safely in a skirt. ESPECIALLY ski!
That's not true, all the ladies in my church have ski skirts

Well, I haven't been apolstolic all my born days, which makes me more conservative than most (weird how that happens). I don't do ANYTHING in pants. And I happen to think some of those modest swimwear outfits are cute. I don't know if I would wear one (I'd have to give it a home test first), but I'm considering getting one for my 6 year old.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhairgirl View Post
That's not true, all the ladies in my church have ski skirts

Well, I haven't been apolstolic all my born days, which makes me more conservative than most (weird how that happens). I don't do ANYTHING in pants. And I happen to think some of those modest swimwear outfits are cute. I don't know if I would wear one (I'd have to give it a home test first), but I'm considering getting one for my 6 year old.
OK, I will admit that skiing in a skirt can look.... pretty good.

But this is how it usually ends up looking.

Last edited by RandyWayne; 05-22-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

my daughter wears a modest swim suit. Covers all that needs to be and has has styles at that.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
paladin for truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
OK, I will admit that skiing in a skirt can look.... pretty good.

But this is how it usually ends up looking.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

thats funny, my wife dresses for the occasion, skiing, swimming etc,and i aint seen a woman as holy as her in my life, period, dt
Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Someone please steer me in the right direction. I never talked about the way someone
believed!

I said it looks silly............Ok,Ok, I said stupid!! To wear jeans and skirts to a water park!

That don't have anything to do with what we believe! Its just plain _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

thats right power up, modesty is the key, and that is always appropriate, not stupidity, lol
Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

DividedThigh.....................I just got tickled about what I was wanting to post. Can
you tell me what would be modest or even moral for a woman to be coming down a
water slide at 35 mph!!

Skirt over her head, look of pure terror on her face, and everyone knowing what store she shops at.................Just saying.....