Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

UPCI Bylaws

Can anyone give me a link that would take me to the UPCI Bylaws. Just looking for something in writing.Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta soundman View Post
Can anyone give me a link that would take me to the UPCI Bylaws. Just looking for something in writing.Thanks
Good luck.

I've tried finding stuff from the UPCI Manual online and it's not there . . . or I just may not be looking hard enough. The only way you get that information is to be a licensed minister, or if you know one who has the book.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_resolve View Post
Good luck.

I've tried finding stuff from the UPCI Manual online and it's not there . . . or I just may not be looking hard enough. The only way you get that information is to be a licensed minister, or if you know one who has the book.
<raises hand>
Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Sheltiedad

What topics do you wish to see?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltiedad View Post
What topics do you wish to see?
Various things, but for the most part I have been in a UPC church all my life and never known what the by-laws were. I've reached the point in my life that I am part of the leadership in my church and I would like to know the UPC stated bylaws. I hear from people all the time what they think are the bylaws but I have never seen it in writing.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Various things, but for the most part I have been in a UPC church all my life and never known what the by-laws were. I've reached the point in my life that I am part of the leadership in my church and I would like to know the UPC stated bylaws. I hear from people all the time what they think are the bylaws but I have never seen it in writing.
Why not ask your Pastor to see your bylaws? Generic Bylaws may not apply in your church or State.

Define leadership. Leadership can be a board member, or can be a head of a department like outreach.

I will answer some questions, but do fail to see why we would want to paste the entire bylaws here.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
Why not ask your Pastor to see your bylaws? Generic Bylaws may not apply in your church or State.

Define leadership. Leadership can be a board member, or can be a head of a department like outreach.

I will answer some questions, but do fail to see why we would want to paste the entire bylaws here.
As to my knowledge we do not have our own stated bylaws to date. As far as leadership goes, media department head may not fit your discription.

We recently had a minister preach a two day revival. This preacher was not of the UPCI. Also this preacher had a beard. He was black but I don't think that bit of info will play into this discussion. My question is, "Is a preacher that is not with the organization allowed to preach and further more is anything stated in the bylaws to whether or not a minister with a beard should be allowed on the platform."
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
As to my knowledge we do not have our own stated bylaws to date. As far as leadership goes, media department head may not fit your discription.

We recently had a minister preach a two day revival. This preacher was not of the UPCI. Also this preacher had a beard. He was black but I don't think that bit of info will play into this discussion. My question is, "Is a preacher that is not with the organization allowed to preach and further more is anything stated in the bylaws to whether or not a minister with a beard should be allowed on the platform."
We have had preachers preach for us that were not UPC. I don't see where having a beard has anything to do with anything.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:

What was the sermon about?

What scriptures did he read?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
CupCake

Here the info~

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/upcbeliefs.html