Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Millennials to Become Largest Generation in 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I made a few mistakes by posting this, I now realize.

First off, let me assure you that I would never expect to see lives changed outside of prayer, fasting, preaching the gospel, and the Holy Ghost.

Secondly, sometimes I'm a bit dense. knowing that so many have convictions against social media, I should have realized people would find this offensive, I apologize.

Recently Bro Esaias made a post about the effects of social media and I agree with him completely.

Where the article I posted caught my attention was when the author talked about how many people are using social media and "going to where young people are" to reach them.

Recently Houston posted a Utube of a Cody Marks sermon, where he mentioned that one of the reasons they were streaming on social media was to reach those who were *hiding* in the background, hoping to bring them back to the Lord. The reason being that we are lost a great deal of young men who took the wrong path, who may not have the courage to come to church yet.

I connected those comments to the idea in this article of reaching people through social media.

I also realize that you can't really preach against social media, while using it. So there is that.

I know that Bro Benincasa teaches bible studies all over his town and likely knows way more about reaching the next generation that I do.
I'm interested in being more effective.

I thought that there was some sense to considering how younger people may perceive the world compared to how older people do.

Think of how much things have changed. Even in the Church. One maybe not very good example: When I was much younger, I heard preachers preach that someone who was a homosexual back in their day would have been taken out back and have some sense knocked into them. Now I think we understand better that someone who has homosexual tendencies can repent and be saved and may still have to deal at times with keeping the flesh under subjection.

We also have so called churches now that ordain gays, something that once would never have been imagined.

As I said, I appreciate all your comments.
Amanah, You don't have anything to apologize for. We post things that are on our minds, and when reading, we post what comes to our mind when reading.

On social media, I take the view of a preacher I heard regarding television - "I don't preach against it, but I also won't stand behind this pulpit and encourage participation."
Old 05-14-2018, 05:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: Millennials to Become Largest Generation in 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Amanah, You don't have anything to apologize for. We post things that are on our minds, and when reading, we post what comes to our mind when reading.

On social media, I take the view of a preacher I heard regarding television - "I don't preach against it, but I also won't stand behind this pulpit and encourage participation."