Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-19-2018, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Re: Do we have to pay tithes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Brother, we are searching for truth. On the one hand you say that the tithe is holy. On the other you say that it doesn't matter. Which is it?

You see, you have me all concerned about this eternal moral law angle. And so I have to do it just right. So, well brother . . . I'm trying to figure out who the Levites are, because according to the moral law that does not change, the Levitical tithe would go to whom?

That's right the Levites. I am pretty sure that Brother Riggan is not a Levite.

I'm working on the moral law angle. I will be back. Isn't this fun?!
I don't think the Levites would become anything but the ministry in the new covenant, as they always have been. I'm just saying if you give your tenth in groceries, I'm sure it would be accepted. I mean if that's what you see from it do it.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Don't worry about Originalist he's always super dramatic. I don't take it personally.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-19-2018, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What are you talking about? Paul was telling the Diaspora Judeans living in Corinth that they were to stop supporting others and take care of the ones who established their church. That would of been Paul, Apollos, and Cephas. Just like the Aaronic Levitical Zadokites were maintained by support by physical Israel. The spiritual Israel were to do the same. They weren't to muzzle the oxen that tread the wheat. While they were to preach the word without charge, they expected to live from the Gospel. Why because God ordered that they who preached the Gospel should live from the Gospel. Paul's doctrine? Yeah, Paul's doctrine is this, support the one who teaches you by sharing all you have Galatians 6:6. So much for the TITHE.

There were a number of different tithes, they were conducted by all different groups. From Egyptians to Romans. Everyone knew that they were to support their "priesthood." Melchizedek wasn't an anomaly, it was a given, which thousands of years later in Rome the Romans were doing the same thing n their main temple of Rome.

So, please, refresh my memory on how it looks when you do it at the church where you attend. How do you support the minister[s]?

Do you tithe?

Do you give a dollar a month?

Please, spoon feed.
Brother, I am somewhat confused. Yesterday you didn't believe in tithes, and as I have learned, you will be truthful if you are pinned down on it. I admire that btw.

Allow me to refresh your memory, I give however I feel it on my heart to give. How much I have been prospered is part of the consideration process. I have given what some would consider quite a bit at times, other times not so much. I do not tithe. Tithing is not for the New Testament. I think we agree on this. Sometimes you seem to be a little cranky, even about things we agree on.

Oh, were you wanting me to share with you the a dollar amount I give? or a percentage?

Is that what you wanted?

Too bad.

BTW. How am I doing on my posting?

Do you approve?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=1ofthechosen;1527811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
We can stand to say that whatever was robbery to God always was. When what was being robbed from was completely replaced by God himself, it becomes a moot point/QUOTE]

Where did He replace it? 1 scripture that says tithes were replaced by God Himself in the NT. I'll give you 22 million dollars if you can show one.

Everything else you said is not worth my time to answer. So when you get that NT scripture let me know. I'm waiting, I didn't think there was another part of the Bible I've never seen. But I'm holding my breath until you get it.
The storehouse is what was being robbed from. The storehouse is gone. The Temple is gone. The Priests are gone. The Levites are gone. The system that necessitated a tithe tax is gone. God took it all down.

Furthermore, you and I are not Jews. We couldn't tithe even if we wanted to. Tithes must come from the land of Israel to begin with.

Allow me to ask, why do you think that all Christians are required to tithe when all Israelis were not? Please share how this morphed also. Who gave the authority to morph God's holy tithe?

You see, you are claiming I'm not providing anything but an opinion. I'm giving much more than an opinion. This is about one covenant that did not work well being completely replaced by God with another. You are cherry picking one part of the Law and trying to place it in a covenant it does not belong in. You have no authority to do so.

Acts 15 is clear on this matter....

Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

You cite from that very Law, placing a part of it on the church as a requirement, just like those mentioned in Acts 15 who were trying to impose the Law on believers. But what was the Apostle's verdict on this?

. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:

29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

If tithing was an exception, this is when the Apostles would have plainly spelled it out.

Forgive my stern tone previously. I'll try to tone it down.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Don't worry about Originalist he's always super dramatic. I don't take it personally.
Well, I am worried about him, and you. Sometimes we go too far. I catch myself getting there sometimes. Sometimes tapping the brakes is in order.

I probably shouldn't have said anything about it.

I'm pretty sure you were offended with me the other day. And the truth of the matter is that you had reason to be. I'm not just pointing the finger at him. Sometimes the warrior comes out in us.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originalist is pretty much a parody. The personality behind the pen name is quite the opposite.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Originalist;1527816]
Quote:

The storehouse is what was being robbed from. The storehouse is gone. The Temple is gone. The Priests are gone. The Levites are gone. The system that necessitated a tithe tax is gone. God took it all down.

Furthermore, you and I are not Jews. We couldn't tithe even if we wanted to. Tithes must come from the land of Israel to begin with.

Allow me to ask, why do you think that all Christians are required to tithe when all Israelis were not? Please share how this morphed also. Who gave the authority to morph God's holy tithe?

You see, you are claiming I'm not providing anything but an opinion. I'm giving much more than an opinion. This is about one covenant that did not work well being completely replaced by God with another. You are cherry picking one part of the Law and trying to place it in a covenant it does not belong in. You have no authority to do so.

Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

You cite from that very Law, placing a part of it on the church as a requirement, just like those mentioned in Acts 15 who were trying to impose the Law on believers. But what was the Apostle's verdict on this?

. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:

29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

If tithing was an exception, this is when the Apostles would have plainly spelled it out.

Seriously. This is good stuff.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't think the Levites would become anything but the ministry in the new covenant, as they always have been. I'm just saying if you give your tenth in groceries, I'm sure it would be accepted. I mean if that's what you see from it do it.
I beg to differ. I do not know one UPCI minister in this country that would accept only tithe on food. You would be asked to leave.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Originalist;1527816]
Quote:

The moral law is different.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Tithesmeister;1527819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

Seriously. This is good stuff.
Thanks for the compliment, and for admonishing me about my tone.

I admit this hits a nerve. I'm am years behind where I should be because I tried to stay in a system I knew was not biblical. Every year when I signed that affirmation, I knew I was lying.