Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-20-2018, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: Do we have to pay tithes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Does the Lord need to flood and destroy the inhabitants of the earth every time a soul is saved?
What?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's not that we have to follow the exact same practice. The example is there in the Old Testament so that in the New Testament we have a practice that is not based on the letter of the Law but on the conversion of the heart. The pattern is established in the Old Testament with the tithe going to the Levites and the offerings going towards the temple. Do you see that have pattern having any practical equivalent for us today?
That's the absolute truth that my brother is called receiving the Spirit of the law. There was huge Spiritual implications towards what God was saying. Not just the letter of the law. I see something important in making Him a co laborer with me. Because that's what you are doing.

Not because you have to, but because He give opportunity. Not to manipulate Him, or anything like that, but because He is involved in it all. Knowing it all comes from Him, and not independent of Him. That's one thing I'm acknowledging by doing it by the plan He's laid out.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Okay. What would be the NT equivalent of tithing?
Are any of you under the misconception that the OT tithe and the tithe taught by pastors today are of equal monetary value ?
I’m talking about one tenth of income either net or gross.
Do y’all think the value is equivalent?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does the Lord need to flood and destroy the inhabitants of the earth every time a soul is saved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
What?
1 Peter 3:19 - 22

19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—

20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are any of you under the misconception that the OT tithe and the tithe taught by pastors today are of equal monetary value ?
It's the concept, not the carbon copy.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No brother. The law is referred to as bondage many times and in many ways by the apostle Paul. I am apostolic. I am supposed to continue steadfast in the doctrine of the apostles. It (observing the law) is referred to as the child of Hagar. Why would I ever want to be the child of bondage? Have you ever noticed how legalistic the Muslims are with their Sharia law? They are the descendants of Ismael.

You are conflating tithing with giving. Lack of tithing and lack of giving, is not the same thing. Tithing is under the law, free will giving is the NT model. You can give money, you cannot scripturally tithe money. The law did not allow it.
Quote:
1 Peter 3:19 - 22

19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—

20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
The context was that Brother Riggen said that anything that was holy unto the LORD does not change. I was saying that the example of the priests being holy unto the LORD and not shaving the corners of their beard would still be in effect if this were true.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's the concept, not the carbon copy.
I understand. I still would like you to answer the question.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bump. Is the value even close?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Who clearly states a tenth over 5 times?
Just type tenth in a Concordance it is shown over 63 times. There is something with the number and God has made it clear "the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord."

I mean I was looking at different scriptures just look at Isaiah 6:11-13 "Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, [12] And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land. [13] But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof."

Even like in Revelations 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

There is many more and I know these weren't about tithes but tithes does mean tenth,so what are the Spiritual ramifications of the tenth?

I want to say this I believe not paying your tithe sending you to hell is extreme. I can see it in the light of scripture, but at the same time I think that's extreme. I mean I cant speak for God, but I would say that I believe there would be more teaching of it, if it was a situation like that. But I do believe there is a Spiritual Principal with the tenth, that we shouldn't miss. Not because it will send us to hell, thinking like that is counterproductive. But more because we could miss out on a principal God was trying to share with us. One that is not just revealed to everyone. After studying this the way I have because of this, I feel stronger then ever about it. I really feel there is something there.

Please hear me I've been coming off wrong on you guys. I think I have set myself up as a opposition, and that cant work. Please forgive me all you guys I apologise.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 04-20-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bump. Is the value even close?
The only reason my answer is insufficient is because your logic is faulty. There isn't an Old Testament pattern that we copy exactly as New Testament Christians. We are not under the Law. We are under Grace. The Law was a shadow of the things to come. We don't bring our livestock as a sacrifice. We brings our lives to the same God of the Old Testament who saves us in the New Testament through the offering of the final blood sacrifice. Even in His death, the Old Testament set the pattern and the New Testament followed in symbolic terms. I can see this concept with the crucifixion, water baptism, the Glory of the Lord inside of us, tithing-- I am sure there is more!