Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in sinless perfection?
Yes we can cease from sin. 9 90.00%
No one will always be prone to sin. 1 10.00%
We all sin everyday. 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Sinless Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Let's say you black out and commit a slew of grievous sins you don't remember?

Must one remember each sin and repent of it? Or can one repent generally for anything done in that state?
hopefully we are not committing so many sins we can't keep up with them
Old 05-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
hopefully we are not committing so many sins we can't keep up with them
That's not what I meant. Let's say someone's PTSD is triggered and they end up flying into a fit of rage and black out... only to discover that they've hurt their kids, who fled the house, and nearly strangled their wife to death before coming to. And they sincerely have no idea what they've said, what they did, or why they did it.

Or, what if they wake up from night terrors and find that they've been physically attacking their wife while screaming about things she doesn't know anything about?

If one can't remember everything that happened, can one confess and seek repentance in a general manner?

For example,

"Father forgive me for what happened the other night. I don't remember everything that happened. And I don't understand why this is happening to me. Please forgive me and heal me, help me LORD. I can't live like this any longer. I'm a danger to myself and everyone I love. Heal me or kill me, God. I can't take this any more."

Last edited by Aquila; 05-21-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
That's not what I meant. Let's say someone's PTSD is triggered and they end up flying into a fit of rage and black out... only to discover that they've hurt their kids, who fled the house, and nearly strangled their wife to death before coming to. And they sincerely have no idea what they've said, what they did, or why they did it.

Or, what if they wake up from night terrors and find that they've been physically attacking their wife while screaming about things she doesn't know anything about?

If one can't remember everything that happened, can one confess and seek repentance in a general manner?
If you black out and don't even know what you are doing, are you even guilty of sin?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
If you black out and don't even know what you are doing, are you even guilty of sin?
I think he blacks out and starts posting on AFF...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-21-2018, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good question. If one blacks out and commits some terrible sin, and they're not guilty of the sin, who is?

A vet is triggered, blacks out, shoots his family, and comes to while weeping in the fetal position in the corner of the bedroom. Is he guilty of sin? He can't remember the event, what must he repent of? Can he repent? Can he repent without knowing everything he said and did?

Last edited by Aquila; 05-21-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Good question. If one blacks out and commit some terrible sin, and they're not guilty of the sin, who is?

A vet is triggered, blacks out, shoots his family, and comes to while weeping in the fetal position in the corner of the bedroom. Is he guilty of sin? He can't remember the event, what must he repent of? Can he repent? Can he repent without knowing everything he said and did?
What court case is this?

Name the case, because you are setting a precedence which is NPRish.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What court case is this?

Name the case, because you are setting a precedence which is NPRish.
It's just a question. No specific case.

Could such a vet repent of the ordeal generally not remembering everything he said or did?
Old 05-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Good question. If one blacks out and commits some terrible sin, and they're not guilty of the sin, who is?

Leviticus 4:1-15 tells of individuals and the congregation of Israel that sin in ignorance and at all points there must be a sacrifice made and and bullock must be killed when the sin is known.

this is an old testament law concerning Israel.

Acts 17:29-31 concerning those that knew not God and thought of the Godhead is like gold or silver and sinned in ignorance because of it. yet Paul says in verse 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

I truly believe that ignorance will not be overlooked in judgement based on Acts 17:31 and others alike.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
It's just a question. No specific case.

Could such a vet repent of the ordeal generally not remembering everything he said or did?
That would be considered an insanity plea. Do you know anything about proving insanity in a case?
Old 05-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Leviticus 4:1-15 tells of individuals and the congregation of Israel that sin in ignorance and at all points there must be a sacrifice made and and bullock must be killed when the sin is known.

this is an old testament law concerning Israel.

Acts 17:29-31 concerning those that knew not God and thought of the Godhead is like gold or silver and sinned in ignorance because of it. yet Paul says in verse 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

I truly believe that ignorance will not be overlooked in judgement based on Acts 17:31 and others alike.
Romans 2:16 even the secrets things will be judged.