Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Don't You Love It When God Does Cool Things?

Every once in awhile it seems that God does something really cool that lets me know he is there and cares for me.

Last week was a very tough week at work for me. As part of my job I had to carry out a very unpleasant task that made me feel that most of my last nine months of hard work in a certain area had been in vain.

I manage a portfolio of business worth annually between forty and fifty million dollars. I deal with both large corporations and independent business owners. I had to shock and disappoint business persons I have developed a good working relationship with and in essence kiss away about five to ten million dollars worth of annual business.

I felt just horrible. It was a personal embarrassment for me to have to deliver the news I did to some of my customers. I was literally sick over the entire situation and very stressed out.

At the end of this very bad week I received a voice mail from a former member of AFF. A conservative Pentecostal preacher I have become friends with. When I called him back he said that I had been on his mind and he just wanted to touch base with me. I told him that I never cease to be amazed at how good God is. The evening I had gotten his voice mail saying I had been on his mind I knew that God had put me on his mind. Just the knowledge that God had done this and this good man was thinking about me and praying for me lightened my load considerably.

The funny thing is that it was not the kind of situation I would have ever asked for prayer about. I am a businessman and sometime unpleasant things are part of life so I don't generally whine and complain when they happen. I just take what comes and keep on going. However God knew I needed those thoughts and prayers and took care of me!

For those who think a forum like AFF is only entertainment I know that it is not.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: Don't You Love It When God Does Cool Things?

That is awesome, and I totally agree about AFF!