Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Leadership Arrogance

This verse is interesting, and this is by no means an attack on pastors or leaders. Rather it should serve as a warning to all of us to not be full of ourselves and our positions

Joh 7:44 Some of them wanted to arrest him, but no one laid hands on him.
Joh 7:45 The officers then came to the chief priests and Pharisees, who said to them, "Why did you not bring him?"
Joh 7:46 The officers answered, "No one ever spoke like this man!"
Joh 7:47 The Pharisees answered them, "Have you also been deceived?
Joh 7:48 Have any of the authorities or the Pharisees believed in him?
Joh 7:49 But this crowd that does not know the law is accursed."
Joh 7:50 Nicodemus, who had gone to him before, and who was one of them, said to them,
Joh 7:51 "Does our law judge a man without first giving him a hearing and learning what he does?"
Joh 7:52 They replied, "Are you from Galilee too? Search and see that no prophet arises from Galilee."

It's interesting that these men were so arrogant in themselves to tell these men that Jesus was a deceiver based on whether or not any of the Pharisees believed in him. And they they even insult Nicodemus after his insisting the law does not judge a man without first hearing. In these men's mind they had tried and convicted Jesus without any due process and they never intended one. Even in the end when they brought false witnesses against him, they did not even want to think of the notion that Jesus might be the True Messiah...they had to rig a jury.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Re: Leadership Arrogance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
This verse is interesting, and this is by no means an attack on pastors or leaders. Rather it should serve as a warning to all of us to not be full of ourselves and our positions

Joh 7:45 The officers then came to the chief priests and Pharisees, who said to them, "Why did you not bring him?"
Joh 7:50 Nicodemus, who had gone to him before, and who was one of them, said to them,
Joh 7:51 "Does our law judge a man without first giving him a hearing and learning what he does?"
Joh 7:52 They replied, "Are you from Galilee too? Search and see that no prophet arises from Galilee."

It's interesting that these men were so arrogant in themselves to tell these men that Jesus was a deceiver based on whether or not any of the Pharisees believed in him. And they they even insult Nicodemus after his insisting the law does not judge a man without first hearing. In these men's mind they had tried and convicted Jesus without any due process and they never intended one. Even in the end when they brought false witnesses against him, they did not even want to think of the notion that Jesus might be the True Messiah...they had to rig a jury.

I seem to know a lot of Pharisees. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:50 PM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
I seem to know a lot of Pharisees. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I seem to know a lot of forum members who see a Pharisee hiding behind every bush.

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP_Carl View Post
I seem to know a lot of forum members who see a Pharisee hiding behind every bush.
Get out from behind the bushes then.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
Get out from behind the bushes then.

If it was truly me hiding in the bushes, yonder bushwhackees would NEVER see it coming!

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:

So, who ya callin a pharisee?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
So, who ya callin a pharisee?
Anybody who he thinks acts like the Sanhedrin in this circumstance.

Pretty much everybody is under suspicion. Work on your alibi.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Anybody who he thinks acts like the Sanhedrin in this circumstance.

Pretty much everybody is under suspicion. Work on your alibi.
Sad. If you read the verses the only ones it applies to are those that assume they are right because they are leaders or authorities.

Im wasting my time here lol

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

I am not a Sanhedrin..

I am a Dutch Scottish German Native American.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Sad. If you read the verses the only ones it applies to are those that assume they are right because they are leaders or authorities.

Im wasting my time here lol
Well, okay you're lucky then I thought I was gonna have to hurt you........
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV