Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Truth? I simply got tired of typing. I will now put aside typing up the other 100 or so as honestly I did not feel like doing the first list. I just wanted to close Prax's arguing and I (at least for the time being) appear to have been successful. He is now bashing every comment from me on other parts of the forum and doing everything possible to avoid this question. (laughing)

Now I will be serious and stop the flippant comments.

I chose Islam because the base beliefs, teachings, and lifestyle (see original post before this became a this-for-that discussion) match my own values and I prefer the more conservative values and teachings of Islam to what is taught and practiced in modern churches today. There is no other reason. I do not wish more wives lol or any of the other "extras" that are associated with Muslims etc etc (laughing at the thought)

I also do not know every detail of Mohammed's life. If you have ever at least tried to research Islam you will understand that said research involves wading through arabic translations and once translation starts, the mismatches begin. So unfortunately I am the wrong one to explain or justify anything that was or has been said concerning any of his activities. I know this, whether he practiced what he preached his TEACHINGS appear to me to reflect a high moral standard that few can achieve.
You questioned my/our beliefs as to whether Moses wrote the last few verses of the entire five books, but you have trouble knowing whether Muhammed was illiterate?
You compare the sins of any of the people in the Bible to having sex with a 9 year old girl, and claim "everybody" sins? By the way, I'm speaking of Muhammed's third wife, Aisha, whom he married at the age of 6. He also said Aisha was his "favorite" wife. That's just sick.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I must confess that I was briefly tempted to list the sexual proclivities of other Biblical heroes but to what purpose. Rather I choose to profess that the list of examples of God's mercy and forgiveness of sometimes terrible and sinful acts are more than there is server memory to store.
Just how far would you go in defending Muhammed and his sexual mannerisms? Remember, you're going to face your eternal destiny based upon the truthfulness of your greatest prophet.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

FWIW, I consider Islam a myth that has deceived millions, given false hope to the underprivileged, and caused mentally disturbed people to turn to terrorism in the name of Islam. It has also been used as an excuse for certain cultures to treat women like dogs.

Just in case anyone was wondering where I stood on the Islam fallacy!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
FWIW, I consider Islam a myth that has deceived millions, given false hope to the underprivileged, and caused mentally disturbed people to turn to terrorism in the name of Islam. It has also been used as an excuse for certain cultures to treat women like dogs.

Just in case anyone was wondering where I stood on the Islam fallacy!
Tell us what you really think.
Not to mention "female circumcisions."
But hey, Christianity is really the most violent religion, right (TIC)?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I chose Islam because the base beliefs, teachings, and lifestyle (see original post before this became a this-for-that discussion) match my own values and I prefer the more conservative values and teachings of Islam to what is taught and practiced in modern churches today. There is no other reason. I do not wish more wives lol or any of the other "extras" that are associated with Muslims etc etc (laughing at the thought)
Or perhaps you "choose Islam" because you will considered dead by other members of your family, or friends, or loves?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I also do not know every detail of Mohammed's life. If you have ever at least tried to research Islam you will understand that said research involves wading through arabic translations and once translation starts, the mismatches begin. So unfortunately I am the wrong one to explain or justify anything that was or has been said concerning any of his activities. I know this, whether he practiced what he preached his TEACHINGS appear to me to reflect a high moral standard that few can achieve.
BTW, here's another question. If Allah is the greatest of all gods, why is it that he only hears you if you pray in Arabic, but none of the other languages? If he's all powerful, doesn't he understand all of the other languages in the world?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
You questioned my/our beliefs as to whether Moses wrote the last few verses of the entire five books, but you have trouble knowing whether Muhammed was illiterate?
You compare the sins of any of the people in the Bible to having sex with a 9 year old girl, and claim "everybody" sins? By the way, I'm speaking of Muhammed's third wife, Aisha, whom he married at the age of 6. He also said Aisha was his "favorite" wife. That's just sick.
A lot of things God and his followers (often under God's orders) did in the Bible were sick, too. At least I would characterize them as sick. Different strokes, I guess.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Im glad that I love Jesus!!!!Being a woman might get me stoned,just bacause Im not a man.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

No matter who I am, or you are, or which book it is taken out - all of us will be judged at the end according to our deeds. Nobody else's truthfulness or lack thereof will matter a wit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
Just how far would you go in defending Muhammed and his sexual mannerisms? Remember, you're going to face your eternal destiny based upon the truthfulness of your greatest prophet.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Banned

(laughing) Do you really, actually believe that? I see THOUSANDS of muslim women every day and I have never seen a stoning. In fact, if someone bothers them the person who bothers them is immediately detained.

There is more talk of stoning on this site then there is where muslim women actually live (laughing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndell View Post
Im glad that I love Jesus!!!!Being a woman might get me stoned,just bacause Im not a man.