Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Genesis 11:10

What's the point of the 1000 yr reign?

Firstly, I believe we will be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years(Rev. 20:6).
Who is it that we will reign over?
Will the ones we reign over be able to be saved?
Will the plan of salvation (Acts 2:38) still be in effect? or will it be some other way?
If people are not still being saved than what's the point? Just to reign over a bunch of lost souls?

Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Re: What's the point of the 1000 yr reign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
Firstly, I believe we will be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years(Rev. 20:6).
Who is it that we will reign over?
Look at 1 Cor 6:2
6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not competent to settle trivial suits?
Quote:
Will the ones we reign over be able to be saved?
Saved from what?
Quote:
Will the plan of salvation (Acts 2:38) still be in effect? or will it be some other way?
If this age has ended then it seems very unlikely Acts 2 applies. If the Lord is setting up his kingdom, then it stands to reason he'll lay down the laws to follow. Since the devils are bound (there will be no satanic influence on the earth during the Lord's reign from what I see in the scripture) there will be no spiritual warfare of any kind either.
Quote:
If people are not still being saved than what's the point? Just to reign over a bunch of lost souls?

No, to provide the government for his kingdom. There will be people who remain on the earth following the tribulation and the judgment that follows then. The earth will be replenished with humanity, but I don't see the same plan of salvation in place

Just my views here, Daniel12
Old 06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel12 View Post
6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not competent to settle trivial suits?Saved from what?If this age has ended then it seems very unlikely Acts 2 applies. If the Lord is setting up his kingdom, then it stands to reason he'll lay down the laws to follow. Since the devils are bound (there will be no satanic influence on the earth during the Lord's reign from what I see in the scripture) there will be no spiritual warfare of any kind either.No, to provide the government for his kingdom. There will be people who remain on the earth following the tribulation and the judgment that follows then. The earth will be replenished with humanity, but I don't see the same plan of salvation in place

Sounds like my own!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
There will be people who remain on the earth following the tribulation and the judgment that follows then. The earth will be replenished with humanity, but I don't see the same plan of salvation in place

The people that remain, will they have recieved the mark of the beast?

Old 06-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Y'all know what I think about this issue, but let me simply ask you if the reference to the saints judging the world might not refer to the white throne judgment and not a millennium? There should be more in the NT than saying the saints shall judge the world. That reference is so vague if it is talking about the millennium that I think there would be MUCH MORE to it than just that reference.

Millennial teachings are all based on such VAGUE references to it, if it is true, for me to not believe it can be referring to that.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 06-20-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Y'all know what I think about this issue, but let me simply ask you if the reference to the saints judging the world might not refer to the white throne judgment and not a millennium? There should be more in the NT than saying the saints shall judge the world. That reference is so vague if it is talking about the millennium that I think there would be MUCH MORE to it than just that reference.

Millennial teachings are all based on such VAGUE references to it, if it is true, for me to not believe it can be referring to that.
Interesting, but Rev.20:12 says "And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God.....", not standing before the saints.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Interesting, but Rev.20:12 says "And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God.....", not standing before the saints.
The bible talks about Sheba rising up with the people of Ninevah at the judgment. So we already know there are more involved in the judgment in various aspects, anyway. And we also know we will rule with Christ.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not competent to settle trivial suits?Saved from what?If this age has ended then it seems very unlikely Acts 2 applies. If the Lord is setting up his kingdom, then it stands to reason he'll lay down the laws to follow. Since the devils are bound (there will be no satanic influence on the earth during the Lord's reign from what I see in the scripture) there will be no spiritual warfare of any kind either.No, to provide the government for his kingdom. There will be people who remain on the earth following the tribulation and the judgment that follows then. The earth will be replenished with humanity, but I don't see the same plan of salvation in place
That is interesting about the PLAN OF SALVATION. If Acts 2:38 is the everlasting doctrine, yet is going to end, what is the need for it to be everlasting?
Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Why can't people just TRUST GOD?
That we are given what we need to know WHEN we need to know it?
*sigh* as we NEED, remember that trendy saying:
"We're on a need-to-know basis" ?
..personally I take serving GOD minute by minute by hour by day, God
is always 'in control; I find that to stick closely to Him is the least/best I can do.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyme View Post
Why can't people just TRUST GOD?
That we are given what we need to know WHEN we need to know it?
*sigh* as we NEED, remember that trendy saying:
"We're on a need-to-know basis" ?
..personally I take serving GOD minute by minute by hour by day, God
is always 'in control; I find that to stick closely to Him is the least/best I can do.
Who said anything about not trusting God?

Sometimes He gives answers through other people.

Seek and ye shall find.