Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

View Poll Results: Is the serpent seed doctrine a "damnable heresy"?
Yes. It's a perverse false doctrine that should be strongly rejected. 61 78.21%
No. Its an doctrinal error, but it's pretty harmless. 10 12.82%
No. I believe the serpent seed doctrine is biblical truth. 4 5.13%
I'm not sure. 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
serpent seed

Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Matthew 7:6

Is The Serpent Seed Doctrine A "Damnable Heresy"?

The Serpent Seed doctrine has been much discussed around here the last few days.

Various NT writers warned about those who would introduce heretical doctrines into the church. Peter in particular warned (in 1 Pet 2:1) about men bringing "damnable heresies" in to God's people.

Which leads to this simple question: is the Serpent Seed doctrine one that should be considered a "damnable heresy"?
...or should it be considered just a mild and fairly harmless doctrinal error?

What say ye?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 PM

Bro. Steve,

Are you the man who at one time said, "The reason you don't like serpent seed is that it shows who your old pappy is"...? this is a direct quote. Just asking.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hello Bro. Steve:

I don't know if you remember me...it has been quite a number of years ago now; but I remember you well. I am Ray Montgomery's wife, Rita. Ray & I have re-hearsed many times over the years the things you said when you came to the church where Bro. Wilson Hembree pastored in Atlanta. We were amused at the funny things you said back then and yet we enjoyed hearing you preach. You were a little "radical" in some areas but you held our attention. We attributed some of that to your youth. However, you are no longer a youth. I must say that after having read the things that you have said on this forum regarding the message that once you claimed to believe, I can't even describe how disappointed Ray and I are in you. Why do you feel such a compelling need now to diss Brother Branham and the things that he preached?? What is your purpose in making false statements such as Bro. Branham preaching polygamy and the reason for the naming of "Branham Tabernacle"?! You could not pull that over on those of us who know better than those things; and for those who don't know, I have to wonder what is your motive for saying things that you surely must know better than.
We had heard a good while ago that you had joined the Oneness Denomination, but was completely shocked at your total disregard, irreverence and carelessness in your comments. You are even now calling Bro. Branham a false prophet!?! Do you have any idea of the seriousness of attributing things that God does to the devil? You have made remarks that some people who do not even claim salvation wouldn't make concerning the message. It is not just about Bro. Branham...he was God's vindicated prophet, but you are calling the Truth a lie. If there is anything that can be stirred in you, I trust it will happen soon. Hebrews 6:4-6. God help you...if possible.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Matthew 7:6

The essentials of the serpent seed doctrine can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branhamism#Serpent.27s_Seed_Doctrine

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Jesus is the Christ

I think that if causes one to doubt the efficacious work of the Jesus' sacrifice -- Then yes.

I also think that it is quite perverted. Can you imagine trying to teach your little kids about the fall it were the case?

Thanks TR this thread ought to be interesting.
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Dr. Vaughn

TR - if it has to do with ones eternal salvation, then yes it is a damnable heresy...

If it has to do with an understand of an OT event that disagrees with mainstream understanding... then you tell me... is it Heresy?

If it is, then Post Trib, Pre Trib or Mid Trib is heresy... that has more to do with eternal salvation than Serpent Seed
Old 05-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
TR - if it has to do with ones eternal salvation, then yes it is a damnable heresy...

If it has to do with an understand of an OT event that disagrees with mainstream understanding... then you tell me... is it Heresy?

If it is, then Post Trib, Pre Trib or Mid Trib is heresy... that has more to do with eternal salvation than Serpent Seed
I'm more of a pan trib person..........Its all gona pan out in the end.........
Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Imagine trying to eplain the fall like this

Hey our loving God... cursed Eve and all of her children for eating an Apple when told her not to......

Now, give that to a child
Old 05-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

The Serpent Seed doctrine taught by William Branham is not just about the original sin in the garden it embodies the doctrine of personal predestination-limited atonement-election unto damnation-unconditional eternal security-marriage & divorce-one prophet who alone has the lone interpetation of scripture.That is why I say it is damnable.