Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 04-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Rev. Aldon H. Phillips Sr. Passed 4/20/07

Rev. Aldon H. Phillips, Sr.

ARCADIA, LA- Services for Rev. Aldon H. Phillips, Sr., 72, will be held at 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at the First Pentecostal Church of Arcadia, LA., with Rev. George Ridge officiating. Interment will follow in Hill Crest Memorial Park Cemetery, Haughton, LA. The family will receive friends and loved ones on Monday evening, April 23, 2007 between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the church.

Rev. Phillips was born on September 2, 1934 in Houston, TX. to Mrs. Lila B. Phillips and the late Rev. Austin W. Phillips and went home to be with the Lord on Friday, April 20, 2007. He was a kind and loving husband, father, and grandfather who always put God and family first. Rev. Phillips retired from the ministry after many years of pastoring, preaching the gospel, and starting new churches.

He was preceded in death by his father, Rev. Austin W. Phillips; and his brother, Robert Phillips. Left to honor his memory are his wife, Mrs. Billie G. Phillips; mother, Mrs. Lila B. Phillips; sons, Robby Phillips, Mark Phillips and wife, Kim, Aldon H. Phillips, Jr. and wife, Dolores and Timothy Phillips; daughters, Deborah Ridge and husband, Rev. George Ridge, and Angela Elliott and husband, Rev. Jerry Elliott; and seventeen grandchildren. Hill Crest Memorial Funeral

Home (318) 949-9415
Published in the Shreveport Times on 4/22/2007.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 PM
GO CUBBIES!

i knew him. great man!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGirl View Post
i knew him. great man!
Yes, I have known him since I was a very young person. He started his ministry out of the church I was attending as a young person.

He has started many churches.

I was very surprised to hear of his passing although he and his wife both have not been in the best of health for some time.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

He was indeed a prolific church planter.

I have worked with him in almost every work he has taken on for the last 17 years.

He will be greatly missed.

He has had multiple strokes and was not able to get around well or speak well for the last few years but in his sleep Sister Phillips would hear him speaking and when she went to see what he might be needing she found that he was preaching the gospel and speaking in tongues in his sleep.

Ministry was the heart of the man.

In his last moments Sister Phillips was with him.

He said "look... those 2 men are coming to get me". She looked around to see who he was talking about and told him she didn't see any men.

He said "Those 2 men... they are coming to get me". He then raised his hands and died.

What was his life about?

He was about his fathers business.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator

I didn't realize until I read his obituary that his father was a minister also.