Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-17-2019, 04:56 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Born to be Wild - Father's Day sermon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Well, here it is. I promised video from the service and here it is!!! It is only the first 10min of the service, but at least you can catch a glimpse of the fun and see me ride my son's Sportster into the church and onto the platform!! The previous video you saw was what we played until the time I entered the church.

The second service was fairly packed and we had a really great time. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OOstss2eM
Hey look, it’s the First Church of Self.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Hey, Tithemister, I bet MOW believes in tithing.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hey, Tithemister, I bet MOW believes in tithing.
I would enjoy hearing his opinion, whatever it might be. I was reading this thread and then you bumped it. Does he ever come on this forum anymore?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:36 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I would enjoy hearing his opinion, whatever it might be. I was reading this thread and then you bumped it. Does he ever come on this forum anymore?
No. He left years ago.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey look, it’s the First Church of Self.

What did I just watch?
Old 05-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

What did I just watch?
We basically just learned how not to be a man of God.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

https://youtu.be/QcUh2xLmJy4

:55 describes what I watched pretty well.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I haven’t seen him post in years.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Steppenwolf's song Born to Be Wild has zero to do with motorcycles. It is about cruising in a car and getting high with your girlfriend. It became a song about motorcycles in a movie called Easyrider. Where two drug dealers take their chopped (modified from stock) panheads (a make of Harley Davidson engine 1948-65) across the Southern States. Where the South is painted as being a bunch of ignorant murderers. Just waiting to kill hippies. MOW, is just the run of the mill citizen who views bikers as people who dress like Greenwich Village or San Francisco leather boys. Instead of motorcycle enthusiasts. I'm always surprised when PREACHERS dress in black leather, wear all black bandana, and Terminator wrap around sunglasses. Born to be wild is what we used to be, but Jesus said we must be born again. MOW, tells his audience that he doesn't like to lose. Well, tough. Someday you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. But, MOW's audience likes the message and I hope someone who is in need finds a nugget that will help them. It isn't my cup of tea, and I think John Eldridge facing a life threatening situation and looking back on that situation as the greatest day of his life, a bit much. But that is John Eldridge's take away. Me, I have faced death multiple times in all sorts of situations growing up. But, looking back as they being great days, is hard for me to swallow. They were horrible, they were mostly caused by very bad life choices, disregard to safety. Being a man isn't being foolhardy or outright risk taking. I have a family who depends on me. If I go at get myself killed, or mamed they suffer. Born to be wild? Born to deal with responsibility, born to break big rocks into little rocks. Born to point the way to our young people even though some will blow it all off, and if they do we are there to help them get through the horror show. Some people have the wrong idea of what a tough guy is, and it usually isn't what they think it is. It sure not a guy clad in black leather, and wearing leather pants which have no seat. No, it is the man who is killing it every day making the sacrifices whether he likes it or not. Who love, honors, and cherishes his family. Who will sell his Harley if his family is in need.

Sonny Barger once said this about love, love is loving something more than your motorcycle. Some of you may not understand that, but to people who really lived, and breathed that lifestyle they do.

Sacrifice for the family, the hunter gatherer, the Dad, the PeePaw, and the Uncle, all making sure they do their best for their family. If one falls in the family, daughter, son, or wife, they are there to lift them up and do whatever it takes to get them home again.

So, black leather, and a bike, will never beat hard work, sweat, and prayer for our families.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 05-17-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Steppenwolf's song Born to Be Wild has zero to do with motorcycles. It is about cruising in a car and getting high with your girlfriend. It became a song about motorcycles in a movie called Easyrider. Where two drug dealers take their chopped (modified from stock) panheads (a make of Harley Davidson engine 1948-65) across the Southern States. Where the South is painted as being a bunch of ignorant murderers. Just waiting to kill hippies. MOW, is just the run of the mill citizen who views bikers as people who dress like Greenwich Village or San Francisco leather boys. Instead of motorcycle enthusiasts. I'm always surprised when PREACHERS dress in black leather, wear all black bandana, and Terminator wrap around sunglasses. Born to be wild is what we used to be, but Jesus said we must be born again. MOW, tells his audience that he doesn't like to lose. Well, tough. Someday you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. But, MOW's audience likes the message and I hope someone who is in need finds a nugget that will help them. It isn't my cup of tea, and I think John Eldridge facing a life threatening situation and looking back on that situation as the greatest day of his life, a bit much. But that is John Eldridge's take away. Me, I have faced death multiple times in all sorts of situations growing up. But, looking back as they being great days, is hard for me to swallow. They were horrible, they were mostly caused by very bad life choices, disregard to safety. Being a man isn't being foolhardy or outright risk taking. I have a family who depends on me. If I go at get myself killed, or mamed they suffer. Born to be wild? Born to deal with responsibility, born to break big rocks into little rocks. Born to point the way to our young people even though some will blow it all off, and if they do we are there to help them get through the horror show. Some people have the wrong idea of what a tough guy is, and it usually isn't what they think it is. It sure not a guy clad in black leather, and wearing leather pants which have no seat. No, it is the man who is killing it every day making the sacrifices whether he likes it or not. Who love, honors, and cherishes his family. Who will sell his Harley if his family is in need.

Sonny Barger once said this about love, love is loving something more than your motorcycle. Some of you may not understand that, but to people who really lived, and breathed that lifestyle they do.

Sacrifice for the family, the hunter gatherer, the Dad, the PeePaw, and the Uncle, all making sure they do their best for their family. If one falls in the family, daughter, son, or wife, they are there to lift them up and do whatever it takes to get them home again.

So, black leather, and a bike, will never beat hard work, sweat, and prayer for our families.
EB, you’re shucking the corn with this post.