Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

New Direction China Ministries

Since some folks have inquired about our outreach into China I thought I would create this thread where I can keep folks informed of this ministry.

I will endeavor to answer your questions in regards to China and any related issues of how you can personally get involved in reaching this nation of 1.37 billion people with its diverse cultures stretched over 3.7 million square miles. The challenge of reaching this nation with the gospel is truly a daunting task. However, I am pleased to report that there is a sovereign work of the Holy Spirit taking place in China that has resulted in millions opening their hearts to the Christian faith.

Keep checking back for reports, pictures, and information that will keep you informed on China.

TB
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
Since some folks have inquired about our outreach into China I thought I would create this thread where I can keep folks informed of this ministry.

I will endeavor to answer your questions in regards to China and any related issues of how you can personally get involved in reaching this nation of 1.37 billion people with its diverse cultures stretched over 3.7 million square miles. The challenge of reaching this nation with the gospel is truly a daunting task. However, I am pleased to report that there is a sovereign work of the Holy Spirit taking place in China that has resulted in millions opening their hearts to the Christian faith.

Keep checking back for reports, pictures, and information that will keep you informed on China.

TB
Thanks TB...this is a great idea.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

I love the Chinese people.Please post the news here.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

How did you choose the name "New Direction China Ministries", brother TB?
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
How did you choose the name "New Direction China Ministries", brother TB?
The name "New Direction" was chosen because of the vision our ministry has of helping impoverished students in China take a new direction in life beginning with the opportunity to receive a bursary from us towards a university education. Education is so important in helping people break free of a life of poverty. Then through "Friendship Evangelism" provided by New Direction Student Fellowship we are able to introduce them to the Christian faith, disciple them, and over time mentor them to become future spiritual leaders in China.

Not only does their education and new life of faith in Christ benefit them, but can be the means for an entire family and even villages in China being launched on a new path that will transform their lives.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Re: New Direction China Ministries

Updates????
Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
The name "New Direction" was chosen because of the vision our ministry has of helping impoverished students in China take a new direction in life beginning with the opportunity to receive a bursary from us towards a university education. Education is so important in helping people break free of a life of poverty. Then through "Friendship Evangelism" provided by New Direction Student Fellowship we are able to introduce them to the Christian faith, disciple them, and over time mentor them to become future spiritual leaders in China.
Not only does their education and new life of faith in Christ benefit them, but can be the means for an entire family and even villages in China being launched on a new path that will transform their lives.

I pray often for China...when I was young I began reading books about the church of China and have always had an interest in China. Blessings to you all.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

It appears that God is opening great doors in China and Singapore. We have had Brother Willoughby in our services for over a week now. God worked a MIGHTY financial miracle in our Sunday morning service for Brother Willoughby and his work. I'm looking forward to seeing what all God has in store for this man and his mission work!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11