Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

View Poll Results: Technology Poll: What do you have & use daily?
(Family) TV with cable 8 42.11%
(Family) Tv without cable 2 10.53%
(Family) TV with Roku 6 31.58%
(Family) Limited internet access 11 57.89%
Facebook / MySpace 8 42.11%
(14yr old & under Minor Children) have interent 6 31.58%
(14yr old & under Children) have smart phones 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: Apostolic Technology POLL!

My and my husband's sources of technology are,

XM radio, regular cell phones with unlimited calling/texting,
and stinky dial up internet.

(we could get newspapers online, but, we still prefer
reading a good ol' paper newspaper)
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
My and my husband's sources of technology are,

XM radio, regular cell phones with unlimited calling/texting,
and stinky dial up internet.

(we could get newspapers online, but, we still prefer
reading a good ol' paper newspaper)

I know a man who still has dial-up... I asked him why he doesn't upgrade & he says it is a sure-fire means to ensure he never gets hooked on it. I've thought about this often, but Roku wouldn't like it

We simply try to not watch the news, or read about it, for about 3years now... they rarely have anything real or positive & we get to hear the headlines everyday from granny regardless
Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
I know a man who still has dial-up... I asked him why he doesn't upgrade & he says it is a sure-fire means to ensure he never gets hooked on it. I've thought about this often, but Roku wouldn't like it

We simply try to not watch the news, or read about it, for about 3years now... they rarely have anything real or positive & we get to hear the headlines everyday from granny regardless
LOL! We also get hot headlines from my POP(nlove),
every evening at the supper table!
He and another group of men meet at the barber
shop regularly to solve the problems of the town,
yay I say, the world!!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

If I will say anything, I think the Internet has hurt the Apostolic/UPC,there is so much info out there now that people question because it is being searched for on the Internet. Before the Internet no one could question anything in the ranks cause they had no idea and could not interpret scripture, now with the wealth of knowledge out there questions are being asked..
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
If I will say anything, I think the Internet has hurt the Apostolic/UPC,there is so much info out there now that people question because it is being searched for on the Internet. Before the Internet no one could question anything in the ranks cause they had no idea and could not interpret scripture, now with the wealth of knowledge out there questions are being asked..

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
I disagree. What makes you think that?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I disagree. What makes you think that?
Things that once happened in the dark are now being brought to the light.

Spiritual abuse being one that has been brought to the light.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Well we can start on the Whole Women not cutting hair issue.. before the internet if you questioned it, your Pastor would tell you go read 1Corthians 11:5 and 11:6 and thats it no more questions cause you thought those verses meant not to cut your hair by reading the "Shaving or Shorn" and not knowing what it means? With the internet you can Google this info and come up with the correct interpretation for this verse? Same thing with the women dress verses and what they are truly talking about. I would get on the verses for the Men in the Apostolic/UPC.,but I cannot seem to find them anywhere all the scriptures for the Apostolic/UPC identity all refer to the women.

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/issues/standards.html

Quote:
1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Last edited by KWSS1976; 05-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Well we can start on the Whole Women not cutting hair issue.. before the internet if you questioned it, your Pastor would tell you go read 1Corthians 11:5 and 11:6 and thats it no more questions cause you thought those verses meant not to cut your hair by reading the "Shaving or Shorn" and not knowing what it means? With the internet you can Google this info and come up with the correct interpretation for this verse? Same thing with the women dress verses and what they are truly talking about. I would get on the verses for the Men in the Apostolic/UPC.,but I cannot seem to find them anywhere all the scriptures for the Apostolic/UPC identity all refer to the women.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Hmm... we have a tv but no cable, satellite, and do not watch broadcast tv, we stick to DVDs and YES we have a VeeAytchEss machine!!!

We have wireless internet access but it is limited to the older ones (15 and older) and it is supervised.

Oh, and we have running water, too!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf