Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Re: Why do we have an Islam Section?

Islam has made inroads into much of our lives. It is imperative that we arm ourselves against this demonic religion, and know how to minister the real Jesus to those trapped under that spirit.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 AM
You used to call me Michlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
Islam has made inroads into much of our lives. It is imperative that we arm ourselves against this demonic religion, and know how to minister the real Jesus to those trapped under that spirit.
Didn't Paul quote the philosopher's of the day, to show people Jesus? (I swear I read that once, but I am admittedly a bit rusty).

Personally, I kinda think Jesus can speak for himself. Jesus is not my little brother being bullied by the neighborhood kids, needing me to defend him. I think we'd do more good as Christians, if we spent more time loving our enemies and less time trying to show them how right we are.
“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.”

― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Old 06-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy Girl View Post
Didn't Paul quote the philosopher's of the day, to show people Jesus? (I swear I read that once, but I am admittedly a bit rusty).

Personally, I kinda think Jesus can speak for himself. Jesus is not my little brother being bullied by the neighborhood kids, needing me to defend him. I think we'd do more good as Christians, if we spent more time loving our enemies and less time trying to show them how right we are.
How is allowing a man to go to Hell loving them? Knowing how to show people the errors of their beliefs, and how their beliefs are demonic in nature, these things are tools to help us bring men to Christ. when we show the error, the fallacy of their beliefs, and the supremacy of Christ, we are showing them love for their eternal soul.

It is not love to be silent about the need to repent of sin. It is not love to allow men and women to be in false and demonic religion. It is not love to allow a man to venture into eternity with hearing of Christ and His loving and holy truth.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
How is allowing a man to go to Hell loving them? Knowing how to show people the errors of their beliefs, and how their beliefs are demonic in nature, these things are tools to help us bring men to Christ. when we show the error, the fallacy of their beliefs, and the supremacy of Christ, we are showing them love for their eternal soul.

It is not love to be silent about the need to repent of sin. It is not love to allow men and women to be in false and demonic religion. It is not love to allow a man to venture into eternity with hearing of Christ and His loving and holy truth.
"The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."

How many people are dying and going to eternity without Christ while we are busy being placid and politically correct?

Someone once asked C.S. Lewis how he defended the Gospel. His response is quite enlightening. He said, "I defend the Gospel the same way I would defend a Lion. I open the cage and turn it loose!"
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 AM
You used to call me Michlow

Quote:

I feel like you are taking a bigger burden on yourself than is required. Yes, by all means, tell people what Jesus has done in your life. But scaring them into a shallow relationship based on fear of eternal torture, doesn't help anyone. Fear doesn't last. Love does.

Let me ask you this. How did Jesus handle "sinners", with judgment or with love? He didn't bring them to His side with fear, he did it by loving them, accepting them, healing them and meeting their needs. That is how he got people to follow Him. Not because they were afraid not to.

I think that perhaps modern Christians are focusing on the wrong thing. Didn't He say that he came so that we could have life, and have it more abundantly. Didn't he say that the Kingdom is now? To be honest, I have unorthodox views of hell and salvation. But even if you believe in eternal conscious torture for those who miss the mark, Doesn't it say to work out your own salvation? Telling someone that they are going to fry for all eternity if they don't do things your way, is not LOVE, it's bullying.
“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.”

― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Banned

As if what these people do and teach has anything to do with Jesus LOL
Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Insults thrown at Christians and
Jesus Christ through these "muslim discussions"
are one of the reasons I don't post here anymore.

Who needs it?

There are better forums around
where Christians can discuss scripture
and be uplifted by one and another.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post

Who needs it?

So what are you doing here? Shut down the Islam section and go discuss scripture and uplift one another.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post

Who needs it?

I'm not edified by this section either.

Since not everyone will agree on shutting it down i see myself spending lesser time on it and eventually out
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
By Larrylyates: "How many people are dying and going to eternity without Christ while we are busy being placid and politically correct?"
Yes, you are correct and that's
why discussing "islam" on
a apostolic forum is a useless
waste of precious time and forum space.