Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Re: MegaFest 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shephard View Post
Did anyone listen to what Oprah had to say? I am prertty sure that she was there to talk about the inner city, a business mindset, and other leadership points? Megafest doesn't have to have every session about "having a church service." I remember John Maxwell being at BOTT...I am sure that his session wasn't all about God, "the gospel" or "the truth."

Be offended if you want to be, but if you are that offended then don't go to it. Don't give it your attention. Shake it off and don't worry about it.
From the Miami Herald: On Thursday, Oprah Winfrey will be joined by Jakes as she films a new episode of her television series "Oprah's Lifeclass." Jakes said their discussion will include the issue of children who are growing up without fathers in their lives.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

From the Miami Herald: On Thursday, Oprah Winfrey will be joined by Jakes as she films a new episode of her television series "Oprah's Lifeclass." Jakes said their discussion will include the issue of children who are growing up without fathers in their lives.
Does anyone else find it ironic and hypocritical that Oprah (who pushes the gay agenda) is talking about the family?

Isn't this speaking out of both sides of your mouth? Destroy the family by championing gay marriage then come to a Christian conference (as a New Ager) and talk about the role of the father. Oprah supports 2 women being married and adopting or birthing a child by artificial insemination, where's the role of the father in that?

I stand amazed and really saddened by how gullible and naive a lot of Christians are. It shouldn't bother me. I should just blow it off and I try not to care. But it grieves me, I can't help it. Makes nearly feel like weeping.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Oprah who will not marry Stedman because she doesn't know if she is going to love him a year from now.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Did anyone listen to what Oprah had to say? I am prertty sure that she was there to talk about the inner city, a business mindset, and other leadership points? Megafest doesn't have to have every session about "having a church service." I remember John Maxwell being at BOTT...I am sure that his session wasn't all about God, "the gospel" or "the truth."

Be offended if you want to be, but if you are that offended then don't go to it. Don't give it your attention. Shake it off and don't worry about it.
Are you seriously trying to compare Winfrey with John Maxwell?!? Maxwell is a Pastor and Christian; Winfrey is completely against Christianity.

There's no comparison!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic and hypocritical that Oprah (who pushes the gay agenda) is talking about the family?

Isn't this speaking out of both sides of your mouth? Destroy the family by championing gay marriage then come to a Christian conference (as a New Ager) and talk about the role of the father. Oprah supports 2 women being married and adopting or birthing a child by artificial insemination, where's the role of the father in that?

I stand amazed and really saddened by how gullible and naive a lot of Christians are. It shouldn't bother me. I should just blow it off and I try not to care. But it grieves me, I can't help it. Makes nearly feel like weeping.
It grieves me as well...
Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Saved by Grace

Quote:

What else would she talk about?

Jesus as the Savior of mankind, the Majesty of the Holy One? Righteousness? Thankfulness to God? Obviously none of the above or anything else in that category.

Is she going to spew blatant New Ageism? Doubtful.

So of course shes going to speak about some general life lessons. The awkward thing isn't that she spoke on that but the fact that she has no credibility in that area. Has she ever had a successful marriage? Raised children in that context? She won't marry the man she's with (we old fashion folks call that fornication, used not to let known open unrepentant fornicators address the assembly, but its obviously a"new day"). And she pushes the gay agenda which destroys traditional (and more importantly Biblical) values and breaks down the family unit. Then she comes to speak to 30,000 Christians about "the family?!"

One more thing....why is Bill O Reilly a racist for making a big deal about the
traditional family, but when Oprah says the same thing its celebrated? Double standard.

And in this context (O Reilly) would have more credibility, at least he believes Jesus is the Savior. (I'm not suggestion BOR should have spoke instead of OW).

Oprah's "Life Class" inst a life class at all. She incorporates some basic truths we all now are good in our lives, weaves in New Age philosophy and religion, and basically tells people they can find completeness and wholeness apart from God even the Savior Jesus Christ. Its a damnable lie, and therefore what is said to bring life brings death and damnation. Its not a "Life Class" its a "Death Class".

Why would ANY pastor, any true shepherd who Cates for the sheep risk allow that prophet of death to speak to their people? I know she amongst the east people I'd suggest the people in my church go listen to. Especially under the auspices and authority of a Christian conference.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Saved by Grace

I'm reading through my posts and seeing lots of typos and words that don't make sense. I just got a new phone and apparently equipped with auto correct. Now I see why people get frustrated with it. I'll have to figure out how to turn it off.

Last edited by Jason B; 08-31-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oprah's "Life Class" inst a life class at all. She incorporates some basic truths we all now are good in our lives, weaves in New Age philosophy and religion, and basically tells people they can find completeness and wholeness apart from God even the Savior Jesus Christ. Its a damnable lie, and therefore what is said to bring life brings death and damnation. Its not a "Life Class" its a "Death Class".
Absolutely! Awesome post.

Quote:
Why would ANY pastor, any true shepherd who Cates for the sheep risk allow that prophet of death to speak to their people? I know she amongst the east people I'd suggest the people in my church go listen to. Especially under the auspices and authority of a Christian conference.
Spot on!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

this forum is pathetic. let the haters hate. td jakes is doing more to spread the gospel and help the poor than any man alive. you need resources to do that. narrow minded fundamentalists don't have an impact and do not reflect the true spirit of christ.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

T D Fakes isn't doing anything for the kingdom of God. He is just building his own little kingdom.