Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
The saddest part of this whole mess is the people who came to Christ through this ministry and now are disillusioned because of the gross moral failure of a man they looked up to as a Spiritual leader.
I wonder if any of the past rumors were why Reba & Donnie left several years back, or did they just leave?!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
I wonder if any of the past rumors were why Reba & Donnie left several years back, or did they just leave?!
I have wondered the same thing. As I recall I think they left around the time of the first round of accusations.

However they don't strike me as a couple who that would matter a lot to. Of course back then they might not have been as off the wall as they are now (saying that based on the recent reports that their church is welcoming gays now)
Old 10-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Urban Pastor

I was told this info well over a year ago and they have known it for years. If I were Donnie - I would sell EVERYTHING and take the money and go to another part of the nation and start over. He will never live down what they have all done. He did leave the Cathedral and started a church - a GAY CHURCH and then when the Bishop - Uncle/Daddy called - he ran back on the promise that he could bring his gay buddies/staff with him and then even more people left. It is a sad, sick and twisted bunch and has been for years.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I was told this info well over a year ago and they have known it for years. If I were Donnie - I would sell EVERYTHING and take the money and go to another part of the nation and start over. He will never live down what they have all done. He did leave the Cathedral and started a church - a GAY CHURCH and then when the Bishop - Uncle/Daddy called - he ran back on the promise that he could bring his gay buddies/staff with him and then even more people left. It is a sad, sick and twisted bunch and has been for years.
I was wondering what happend to this church he started.
I posted the interview they had with him in the Atlanta constitution

It's interesting how he and the son of Baker went so far to the left even politically. I wonder if the hypocricy they saw growing up caused this
Old 10-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Urban Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I was wondering what happend to this church he started.
I posted the interview they had with him in the Atlanta constitution

It's interesting how he and the son of Baker went so far to the left even politically. I wonder if the hypocricy they saw growing up caused this
Well - both of them EMBRACE the Affirming Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered doctrine. Jay and Donnie each have a wife - but major rumors in Atlanta for years that they go both ways. I have been told for years that the Bishop was gonna put DEP out if he kept catching him with guys. That is why they made DEP sleep with Beth as they tried to make him go straight! He has a cute little wife and a couple of kids - the whole thing is CRAZY!

What is with these low life preachers and them bringing such a reproach on the ministry - especially here in Atlanta. Paulk has been doing this crazy stuff for MANY MANY YEARS - then Juanita Bynum and Weeks - they are BOTH CRAZY and mean and hateful. God have mercy on these crazy peoples minds.
I am sick of them - they have turned Church here in ATL into a circus.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Well - both of them EMBRACE the Affirming Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered doctrine. Jay and Donnie each have a wife - but major rumors in Atlanta for years that they go both ways. I have been told for years that the Bishop was gonna put DEP out if he kept catching him with guys. That is why they made DEP sleep with Beth as they tried to make him go straight! He has a cute little wife and a couple of kids - the whole thing is CRAZY!

What is with these low life preachers and them bringing such a reproach on the ministry - especially here in Atlanta. Paulk has been doing this crazy stuff for MANY MANY YEARS - then Juanita Bynum and Weeks - they are BOTH CRAZY and mean and hateful. God have mercy on these crazy peoples minds.

not to mention your buddy bishop Owens (LOL JK!), Nathan Simmons, murphy Pace, Ricky Dillard, Dr.Jonathan Greer, william murphy and others ... some of their names escape me right now
Old 10-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I met his nephew DS he is in the Hollywood, Fl. area worked with Dad fro a season. Him and his wife were way out!!!!!!!!!!! They had a group with them and I wondered about the whole bunch and told Dad so. Dad did not like it but later there was a HUGE scandal. SLEAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Invisible Thad

*** The Latest on Bishop Weeks ***

Bynum's Husband Holds 'Last Call Sale'
By ERRIN HAINES

Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA — Less than two months after his arrest on a wife-beating charge, Bishop Thomas W. Weeks III is offering a steep discount on DVDs of his million-dollar wedding to televangelist Juanita Bynum and a book they wrote together.

His lawyer says he may seek alimony because of the losses her accusations are causing him.

Describing his "Last Call Sale" offer, Weeks tells visitors to his Web site, "Make sure that you get it right now because plenty of people are going to ask for it immediately. Get it while it lasts."

Bynum made a reputation on her no-nonsense talk for black, Christian single women about breaking free of sexual promiscuity. After she and Weeks married in a televised ceremony in July 2002, they wrote "Teach Me How to Love: The Beginnings" and held seminars on marriage and relationships.

But they separated earlier this year and on Aug. 22, Bynum claimed her estranged husband beat her in a hotel parking lot. According to a police report, she told officers Weeks "choked her, pushed her down, kicked and stomped her ... until a bellman pulled him off of her."

Weeks has pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated assault and making terroristic threats. He is free on $40,000 bond and is not allowed to have contact with Bynum. Bynum's divorce papers cited "cruel treatment" and said the marriage is "irretrievably broken."

It was not clear how long the "Last Call Sale" has been going on Weeks' site. The wedding DVD, book and a T-shirt are now available online for $10, advertised as a $60 discount.

Last Call Sell
Old 10-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have absolutely NO shame.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Urban Pastor

Thumbs up No Shame And No Sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have absolutely NO shame.
You are so right - NO shame and no sense.