Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
depression, holy ghost, salvation, suicide

Old 09-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Mental Illness Revisited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I can't believe we still have Christian elders who don't believe in clinical depression or PTSD...

I was in the Army for 8 years and I know this stuff is real. No wonder 22 vets shoot themselves every day... those commissioned to carry a message of healing are denying the very existence of the conditions that need to be healed.

Absolutely pathetic.
So are you saying that Jesus cannot heal someone who is depressed?

Someone with bipolar?

I have read posts of those who say yes it is possible that Jesus can heal these issues....but?

I'll just stay on the side of prayer, and committing to give people hope, rather than Sigmund Freud and Paroxetine.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
We all know that the pharma company is making a killing with drugs. That doesn't mean depression doesn't exist.
So you discounted the whole documentary, and just want to focus on the money issue? Instead of its main point which is powerful drugs which take normal people and drives them to commit suicide?

Hey, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So you discounted the whole documentary, and just want to focus on the money issue? Instead of its main point which is powerful drugs which take normal people and drives them to commit suicide?

Hey, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

No, I have watched many documentaries on pharmaceuticals and I agree very much that the money overrides common sense in many situations.

We are saying God CAN heal depression and mental illness. Are you saying he can't NOT heal it? Meaning, if God so chooses someone can't love Him and live for Him AND be mentally ill? That's what I see you as saying. Either you love God AND are healed or, you just plain don't love God.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
If she did complain about "feeling down" or depression, would you listen? Or slap her on the forehead with a loud "In JESUS name!" rebuke and shove her on her merry way? MANY won't admit to depression because of the latter response from people they know.
Quote:
Very true.
Quote:
So your wife was healed so everyone who isn't is wrong with God?
The problem is sister, you don't want to believe that my wife (or anyone else for that matter) has been healed of these issues by the power of the Holy Ghost. You would rather believe that some jerk is blowing off his wife's issues and allowing her to hide in the closet while the jerk is shouting and running pews.

PTSD from your church experience? Do you ever consider that the church might have PTSD from experiencing you? Not for anything, but ever since the days of Emma, you have showed vehement disdain for anything that is remotely close to what you have left behind. Hey, your bitter, it doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you a mad person. Jesus loves you very much, and wants only the best for you. Whatever happened to you in your past is gone, but sadly not forgotten, also seemingly not forgiven. That is sad, but is it my fault? You claim PTSD from your church experience? Well, if that was true it means that anything remotely close to your bad experience triggers a reaction, a bad reaction, and you act out. So, when you see a post that reminds you of your past in Pentecost you go postal, you want to hurt others? Sister, all I am saying is that healing these issues are not only possible but they are possible for everyone outside of taking strong powerful deadly medications. It is hope, most of the individuals who I know that are on strong meds are on at least 9 different meds. It isn't healthy for them. So, what do you tell them? Keep going to the headshrinker and allow him to keep changing your medication, or adding new ones? There has to be a way out of all that insanity, but it seems that you refuse to believe that?

Hey, Jesus said, as YOUR faith be it unto you?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The problem is sister, you don't want to believe that my wife (or anyone else for that matter) has been healed of these issues by the power of the Holy Ghost. You would rather believe that some jerk is blowing off his wife's issues and allowing her to hide in the closet while the jerk is shouting and running pews.
Wow, is that ever putting words in my mouth! If your wife was healed, she was healed. As a matter of fact, I was largely healed from depression and not by medication.

Quote:
PTSD from your church experience? Do you ever consider that the church might have PTSD from experiencing you? Not for anything, but ever since the days of Emma, you have showed vehement disdain for anything that is remotely close to what you have left behind. Hey, your bitter, it doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you a mad person. Jesus loves you very much, and wants only the best for you. Whatever happened to you in your past is gone, but sadly not forgotten, also seemingly not forgiven. That is sad, but is it my fault? You claim PTSD from your church experience? Well, if that was true it means that anything remotely close to your bad experience triggers a reaction, a bad reaction, and you act out. So, when you see a post that reminds you of your past in Pentecost you go postal, you want to hurt others? Sister, all I am saying is that healing these issues are not only possible but they are possible for everyone outside of taking strong powerful deadly medications. It is hope, most of the individuals who I know that are on strong meds are on at least 9 different meds. It isn't healthy for them. So, what do you tell them? Keep going to the headshrinker and allow him to keep changing your medication, or adding new ones? There has to be a way out of all that insanity, but it seems that you refuse to believe that?
Wow, reading this is triggering the PTSD right now as we speak. Because it is full of false accusation and misunderstanding. So, I pretty much just walk away, because I can't change anybody but myself.

Quote:
Hey, Jesus said, as YOUR faith be it unto you?
I believe this, and the Rx from God is.....just walk away.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
No, I have watched many documentaries on pharmaceuticals and I agree very much that the money overrides common sense in many situations.

We are saying God CAN heal depression and mental illness. Are you saying he can't NOT heal it? Meaning, if God so chooses someone can't love Him and live for Him AND be mentally ill? That's what I see you as saying. Either you love God AND are healed or, you just plain don't love God.
Jesus didn't say love was the problem, Jesus tells individuals who healed and did many mighty works in his name to depart from Him because He NEVER knew them. Jesus puts people out of the room who were faithless, and couldn't do many miracles in his own home town due to THEIR unbelief. Faith is a powerful thing, belief can move a whole lot more than mountains. Jesus put the unbeliever out of the room, therefore He set the precedence not me.
I know a lot of people who love God but are faithless, doesn't make them bad people, but they just don't have the faith. You encourage them to go forward and continue to see the smallest miracles, so they would some day see the bigger ones.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by llambert View Post
This is all very interesting. I want to encourage us to agree to disagree AGREEABLY since this forum is public and whether we want to admit it or not, every single word we type here is a witnessing tool (even if we delete our post).

Has anyone googled "apostolic friends forum"? What comes up in the search box as an anticipated query is "apostolic friends forum a wrecked church" and "apostolic friends forum terry black"

Truth is, that Satan is the prince of the power of the air, so it's good for fellowship to post on here and share our thoughts, but ultimately we need to be intimate in prayer with Christ.
Look... No one asked you to come in here and be all spiritual and make sense.... Got it???

Last edited by Aquila; 09-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Wow, is that ever putting words in my mouth! If your wife was healed, she was healed. As a matter of fact, I was largely healed from depression and not by medication.

Wow, reading this is triggering the PTSD right now as we speak. Because it is full of false accusation and misunderstanding. So, I pretty much just walk away, because I can't change anybody but myself.

I believe this, and the Rx from God is.....just walk away.
Sorry, I'm truly sorry, but posting with you over the years gave me this conclusion. So, you were healed of being depressed through the Holy Ghost, then why isn't that accessible to all others?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So are you saying that Jesus cannot heal someone who is depressed?

Someone with bipolar?

I have read posts of those who say yes it is possible that Jesus can heal these issues....but?

I'll just stay on the side of prayer, and committing to give people hope, rather than Sigmund Freud and Paroxetine.
Yes, I believe that Jesus can heal anything. However, He doesn't always choose to. Sometimes, we pray for our infirmities to be healed... and God doesn't take them away. Sometimes, as Paul described, His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Yes, I believe that Jesus can heal anything. However, He doesn't always choose to. Sometimes, we pray for our infirmities to be healed... and God doesn't take them away. Sometimes, as Paul described, His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
Wait, Jesus tells the blind man that it was the blind man's faith which was going to do the healing? Are we dealing with Christianity of the Bible, or the Fate doctrine of Hinduism?