Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-20-2020, 01:00 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Chris Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I claim that the teaching of the gifts is so lacking among many apostolics that there is a lack of the gifts, themselves. Not saying I am not in need of learning, or I would be operating more myself.
I totally believe and agree with that!

What Gospel did Jesus preach? In the four Gospels, it says that Jesus came and preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. What was that? It wasn’t Acts 2:38. That hadn’t come about yet. The Gospel is the Good News. He was the King, He brought with Him the Kingdom and showed them what the Kingdom was like. In the Kingdom of God, there is no cancer, no deafness, etc. when you bring Jesus into a situation, anything anti-Kingdom has to leave.

I don’t know what we think we are preaching and believing today. Being happy with Sunday School classes, etc., isn’t going to cut it.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I claim that the teaching of the gifts is so lacking among many apostolics that there is a lack of the gifts, themselves. Not saying I am not in need of learning, or I would be operating more myself.
The prophetic gift came into my life the same hour as the Holy Spirit baptism. There are about 130 times where the Lord gave me dreams that came to pass, mostly within 2-3 days, some after a number of years. I dont count them as being of God unless they actually come to pass.

I have seen striking prophetic gifts over the years. And altho Im sure it happens somewhere I have never seen it from an Apostolic pulpit.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The prophetic gift came into my life the same hour as the Holy Spirit baptism. There are about 130 times where the Lord gave me dreams that came to pass, mostly within 2-3 days, some after a number of years. I dont count them as being of God unless they actually come to pass.

I have seen striking prophetic gifts over the years. And altho Im sure it happens somewhere I have never seen it from an Apostolic pulpit.
Not a single one, huh?
Old 05-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Not a single one, huh?
I think thats what I said.

But if we count Chris Reed ministering online at Mike Blumes Church that would be the first.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 05-20-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I've seen it scores of times from apostolic pulpits. I've been used, too.

I do know that this issue of use has something -- likely mostly -- to do with COMPASSION and love. Before Paul corrected the Corinthians about the gifts in chapter 14 after listing them in chapter 12, chapter 13 talks about LOVE/CHARITY. And look at the first verse in Chapter 14:

1 cor 14:14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

Imagine someone using the word of knowledge like Jesus and knowing the woman at the well had five husbands, and was living with someone else's husband, and that person had a JUDGMENTAL nature and was condemning. Condemnation ALWAYS accompanies legalism. Even Paul said that LAw was a "ministration of condemnation!" God cannot use people in the gifts who have no compassion.

Hmmmm....

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-20-2020, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think thats what I said.

But if we count Chris Reed ministering online at Mike Blumes Church that would be the first.
I have family who are ministers and used in the gifts. Morton Bustard. William Bustard. Apostolics.

For the glory of the Lord, one time I ministered at a UPC church in the 80s and the man whom I prayed for was revealed to me to have someone at his workplace who was persecuting him about his faith. I proceeded to pray about the man for God to touch him and to give this brother strength. It was dead-on. At another time a few years ago, I prayed for a family of a brother who all attended service together, and he told me that one of the daughters had written some songs for worship. I totally forgot about that during this particular service we were in. When personally praying for each of the three children, when I came to one of the girls, it suddenly hit me that SHE was writing songs. I asked the brother if this was the girl that he told me about who had done that. He said it was that girl.

I personally had a minister visiting in our apostolic church pray for three specific things that had recently prayed about, and TOLD NO ONE. It was while I was in bible school. I prayed for God to help me receive revelation of the Word of God when I studied the Bible, prayed that I could SPEAK FORTH what I saw (since I had received some and found it oddly hard to explain to people), and to know when to pray for healing for someone when there would be a healing. He called all three things out particularly in detail just as I prayed for them.

I had also specifically prayed for another request of my music playing, in quite intensive prayer, and the same minister told me to stand and verbatim touched on that very prayer request, and told me to keep praying and wear carpet out in my prayer closet in prayer. It was ALWAYS something that I particularly prayed about that I was called out for by such ministers.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 05-20-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have family who are ministers and used in the gifts. Morton Bustard. William Bustard. Apostolics.

For the glory of the Lord, one time I ministered at a UPC church in the 80s and the man whom I prayed for was revealed to me to have someone at his workplace who was persecuting him about his faith. I proceeded to pray about the man for God to touch him and to give this brother strength. It was dead-on. At another time a few years ago, I prayed for a family of a brother who all attended service together, and he told me that one of the daughters had written some songs for worship. I totally forgot about that during this particular service we were in. When personally praying for each of the three children, when I came to one of the girls, it suddenly hit me that SHE was writing songs. I asked the brother if this was the girl that he told me about who had done that. He said it was that girl.

I personally had a minister visiting in our apostolic church pray for three specific things that had recently prayed about, and TOLD NO ONE. It was while I was in bible school. I prayed for God to help me receive revelation of the Word of God when I studied the Bible, prayed that I could SPEAK FORTH what I saw (since I had received some and found it oddly hard to explain to people), and to know when to pray for healing for someone when there would be a healing. He called all three things out particularly in detail just as I prayed for them.

I had also specifically prayed for another request of my music playing, in quite intensive prayer, and the same minister told me to stand and verbatim touched on that very prayer request, and told me to keep praying and wear carpet out in my prayer closet in prayer. It was ALWAYS something that I particularly prayed about that I was called out for by such ministers.
Praise the Lord!

I said I'm sure it happens somewhere. Im just commenting what I have personally seen.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I've seen it scores of times from apostolic pulpits. I've been used, too.

I do know that this issue of use has something -- likely mostly -- to do with COMPASSION and love. Before Paul corrected the Corinthians about the gifts in chapter 14 after listing them in chapter 12, chapter 13 talks about LOVE/CHARITY. And look at the first verse in Chapter 14:

1 cor 14:14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

Imagine someone using the word of knowledge like Jesus and knowing the woman at the well had five husbands, and was living with someone else's husband, and that person had a JUDGMENTAL nature and was condemning. Condemnation ALWAYS accompanies legalism. Even Paul said that LAw was a "ministration of condemnation!" God cannot use people in the gifts who have no compassion.

Hmmmm....
If one has no love we should not expect to see them in Heaven. They are nothing. 1 Cor 13.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Praise the Lord!

I said I'm sure it happens somewhere. Im just commenting what I have personally seen.
Amen. I know what you mean. A brother whom I know just asked me last week to pray to see a resurgence of gifts in the church in which he attends as well.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If one has no love we should not expect to see them in Heaven. They are nothing. 1 Cor 13.
Agreed. But it seems that even the corinthians would be saved by the skin of their teeth.

1 Cor 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

I do NOT interpret that, by the way, as once saved always saved.