Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Who fed the 5000?

Jhn 6:12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.

In Johns account of the feeding of the 5000 (John 6: 5-13), we have the names of 4 people involved. Jesus, Philip, Andrew and Simon Peter. Actually all the disciples were involved, but only Jesus and the 3 are named. You know the story. 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish fed 5000. (According to other accounts, there were 5000 men, not counting women and children). After all had eaten and were filled, Jesus had the disciples to gather up the "left overs". Amazingly, 12 baskets of left -overs were taken up from the meager meal.

Now... heres the question: Who fed the 5000? Jesus, you say? Well, He multiplied the food, but it was the disciples who distributed the food. But who actually fed the 5000? Well, we don't know. He name isn't given. All we know is that he was a "lad". An insignificant nobody that didn't even warrant his name to be associated with one of the greatest miracles of all time.

So heres the deal. Your name may not be emblazoned in lights. Your name may not be recorded in the annals of history. You may feel insignificant, you may be a part of the "silent majority". You may never be on anyone's who's who list. But, your little act of kindness... your little word of encouragement, your meager little helping hand goes a long way in helping more people than you know. Hebrews 11 records the names of several heros of faith. It also lists some whose names aren't recorded. But, these un-named, unsung heroes are every bit the heroes as those whoses names we know.

I firmly believe this: Doing the right thing is its own reward. I don't look to heaven expecting dollars to fall from God when I help those in need. (I sure wish they would!). I don't need to be blessed for doing the right thing. Doing the right thing, helping a neighbor, reaching a lost sinner, saying an encouraging word. praying a simple prayer, or providing meager substenace to someone in need is my blessing. Don't fret because you're not recognized for doing some small thing. God recognizes it, and often, that small, little thing you do has a way of blessing more people than you may ever know.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Re: Who fed the 5000?

Very good thought OA!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Jhn 6:12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.

In Johns account of the feeding of the 5000 (John 6: 5-13), we have the names of 4 people involved. Jesus, Philip, Andrew and Simon Peter. Actually all the disciples were involved, but only Jesus and the 3 are named. You know the story. 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish fed 5000. (According to other accounts, there were 5000 men, not counting women and children). After all had eaten and were filled, Jesus had the disciples to gather up the "left overs". Amazingly, 12 baskets of left -overs were taken up from the meager meal.

Now... heres the question: Who fed the 5000? Jesus, you say? Well, He multiplied the food, but it was the disciples who distributed the food. But who actually fed the 5000? Well, we don't know. He name isn't given. All we know is that he was a "lad". An insignificant nobody that didn't even warrant his name to be associated with one of the greatest miracles of all time.

So heres the deal. Your name may not be emblazoned in lights. Your name may not be recorded in the annals of history. You may feel insignificant, you may be a part of the "silent majority". You may never be on anyone's who's who list. But, your little act of kindness... your little word of encouragement, your meager little helping hand goes a long way in helping more people than you know. Hebrews 11 records the names of several heros of faith. It also lists some whose names aren't recorded. But, these un-named, unsung heroes are every bit the heroes as those whoses names we know.

I firmly believe this: Doing the right thing is its own reward. I don't look to heaven expecting dollars to fall from God when I help those in need. (I sure wish they would!). I don't need to be blessed for doing the right thing. Doing the right thing, helping a neighbor, reaching a lost sinner, saying an encouraging word. praying a simple prayer, or providing meager substenace to someone in need is my blessing. Don't fret because you're not recognized for doing some small thing. God recognizes it, and often, that small, little thing you do has a way of blessing more people than you may ever know.
Bro. OneAccord,

This is a great article you wrote! Anyone ever tell you you have a gift
in writing! Keep it up! May God continue to anoint you in this area, in
Jesus Name!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 11-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
Bro. OneAccord,

This is a great article you wrote! Anyone ever tell you you have a gift
in writing! Keep it up! May God continue to anoint you in this area, in
Jesus Name!

Blessings,

Falla39
Yeah, I've been told that. But still don't believe it.

But the REAL miracle is this. 12 baskets of left overs came from those 5 loaves and 2 fish. How many did that feed? I read of a sister, a woman evangelist, who preached in a run down schoolhouse. She preached for months. One person was saved during the entire time of her ministry there. That one person, who had been an alcoholic, later became a preacher and led many thousands to the Lord. That sister may have felt like a failure... a nobody. ( i can relate to that). But who knows what can happen when the Lord is involved in what we do!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Great post,you do have a talent for writing.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Great post,you do have a talent for writing.

Ahhh, twasn't nothin'. I was just foolin' around. Actually, you can think a certain sister on this forum for this. I may have wrote it, but she was the inspiration.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Standing fast in liberty!

This is BEAUTIFUL! What a tremendous sermon on the worth of SERVICE!

Somebody was blessed by those leftovers too!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

I liked this, thanks OC!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:22 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Don't thank me. I just punched keys on a keyboard.