Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 03-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Clear cut case according to Jesus:

Matt 19:9

9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

The innocent party can marry again. The guilty party may not.
Fornication = sexual sin out of marriage, single persons can do fornication
Adultery =Sexual sin whithine marriage, whaen one of the couple leaves the other member to marry an other, or if they broke up and then marry an other, or when one of the two having sex with an other ,then is called adultery.

So only if there is FORNICATION (premarital, or unlawful relationship they can and must brake it up and then if they repent they can avtually mary ,because they were never again married) Otherwise if they are not in fornication and are properly married: they can divorce but remain unmarried!
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Now look what is adultery and what Matthew spoke to the Jews!
-First keep in mind that Jwes asked if there was divorce primitive for any reason. Adultery was not considered a reason to divorce and remarry because adultery was punished by DEATH!
-Second see that the fornication is a separate and different act (sin) than adultry:Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

and so third and last look why marriage is the solution for fornication and not that fornication the exception for adultery:. 2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
So my Apostolic Pentecostal Oneness friend and brother Michael , to avoid fornication ,which is every unlawful relationship ,out of marriage Paul suggest Marriage. But except be for the reason of fornication no man had the right to divorce his wife and if that happen, let them be UNMARRIED or? Or reconciled to her ex-wife.

Also keep in mind that the marriage is so holy because reflects the relationship between Jesus and his Wife (Church). Jesus has one and only Church! So the man "love your wife as th Lord loves the Church"
Old 03-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

But I can also say:
““But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.”
....1 Corinthians‬ ..7:15‬ ..KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/1co.7.15.kjv”

The word “depart” here is the same Greek word translated as “put asunder” in the Matthew 19:6.

Again, this issue is not easy, and the new testament gives some text that at best we all can understand the principle: do not divorce, especially they are both Christian, and remain unmarried if they decide to separate and are still both real Christians. But also don't turn it into a legalism above mercy and peace, and the chance to recover from the disastrous effect of sin. Anyways, we can argue about this forever.

Last edited by coksiw; 03-28-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
But I can also say:
““But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.”
....1 Corinthians‬ ..7:15‬ ..KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/1co.7.15.kjv”

The word “depart” here is the same Greek word translated as “put asunder” in the Matthew 19:6.

Again, this issue is not easy, and the new testament gives some text that at best we all can understand the principle: do not divorce, especially they are both Christian, and remain unmarried if they decide to separate and are still both real Christians. But also don't turn it into a legalism above mercy and peace, and the chance to recover from the disastrous effect of sin. Anyways, we can argue about this forever.
Amen.
Paul said "The Lord said, not me" that a married couple has to stay married and if they depart (for any reason) let them stay un-married or reconcile back to their ex . So is not pottible for Paul now say anything diferent than the Lord while he continues "i said NOT the Lord" "if a Christian is married to a non Christian...etc.

He already put the base that the Lord spoke "no divorce. and if for any reason happens divorce, then let them be unmarried" This is very clear.
So the unfaithful member may wants to divorce, In such cases the faithful member has not any fault. He is not like Jesus said "That whosoever shall put away his wife causeth her to commit adultery"
If a Christian puts away his wife even if he dont marry an other ,is in sin because he causeth her to commit adultery, but Paul said that of is a non Christian and wants to live, let them live ,you are not sinning, but if the unfaithful member dont want to depart and you divorce ,then you are guilty for their adultery.
Amen.Brother ,The Word is clear for us! for the "hard-hearted Christian" everything is confuse and dark.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:46 AM
New User

Peter83,

Good job! I always believed that you can not remarry. MY only exception is if it happened before conversion.

“Our” churches are full of people on their 2nd and 3rd marriages. What a sad state of affairs.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

Peter83,

Good job! I always believed that you can not remarry. MY only exception is if it happened before conversion.

“Our” churches are full of people on their 2nd and 3rd marriages. What a sad state of affairs.
Μe too.
Here the majority of churches believe the same as you.
They don't allow second marriage , neither giving divorces and they don't give communion to people who don't repent. The only exception is when people are coming to Christ and they are married 2nd or even 3rd time before knowing the truth. In this situation they accept them like everyone else, they can't however take the office of the Pastor.
And this is my only question on the subject... Is this ok or they have to divorce? Only pastor Gino preaches that.
I see the second a little brutal but i don't take it lightly.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
Here the majority of churches believe the same as you.
They don't allow second marriage , neither giving divorces and they don't give communion to people who don't repent. The only exception is when people are coming to Christ and they are married 2nd or even 3rd time before knowing the truth. In this situation they accept them like everyone else, they can't however take the office of the Pastor.
And this is my only question on the subject... Is this ok or they have to divorce?
Often, it would only be a divorce in the eyes of man. In the eyes of God, there is no divorce from an adulterous relationship, there is only the ending of the sinful acts.

However, you do have to carefully determine if they do have a covenant spouse against whom adultery was committed and with whom there is a one-flesh covenant.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Steven Avery;1573225]Often, it would only be a divorce in the eyes of man. In the eyes of God, there is no divorce from an adulterous relationship, there is only the ending of the sinful acts.

However, you do have to carefully determine if they do have a covenant spouse against whom adultery was committed and with whom there is a one-flesh covenant.
Yes.
For example if one is second time married and his new wife is her first time, then (if we take the second rule) they are in adultery . But after they repent the man has to stay unmarried or go back to her first , while the woman can be married, because the previous marriage with the adulterous was not valid.
Is this what you mean?
But seriously i don't know, in some cases is very complicated

Last edited by peter83; 09-29-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:41 AM
Sister Alvear

it gets very complicated in real life...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 09-29-2019, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
it gets very complicated in real life...
Ιn real (human) life the whole Gospel is gets very difficult
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life,
keep on brother/sister.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes.
For example if one is second time married and his new wife is her first time, then (if we take the second rule) they are in adultery .
This is dependent on:

a) the first marriage of the man was itself a covenant marriage (e.g. the spouse was not in adultery to an earlier marriage.)

b) the first wife is alive

Quote:
But after they repent the man has to stay unmarried or go back to her first , while the woman can be married, because the previous marriage with the adulterous was not valid.
Is this what you mean?
But seriously i don't know, in some cases is very complicated
Yes, you understand this well.

The woman made a mistake entering the adulterious relationship, she repented, and she can be attuned for a true marriage spouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83;1573251 [I
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life,[/I]

Last edited by Steven Avery; 09-30-2019 at 06:29 AM.