Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Prepper's Patch
Facebook

Notices

Prepper's Patch Prepping & Planning; Share your practical prepping and survival skills!

Old 02-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Surviving the New Normal

Surviving the new normal.
Over the years the US economy has had its ups and downs. With things being very different now, more than ever before.
We are now living in the New Normal.
Even if your farvorite guy wins the next election ,We are too far gone for things to right themselves without GOD.
I grew up in the 60's, My father worked a simple meduim income job, and we had one car, mom stayed home and raised the family, And we were happy, and we didnt feel disadvantaged only having one car, and only dad working.
Now days everyone works, most familys children are in day care, and many places are open 7 days aweek. The family has been distroyed by our new way of life. Everyone is maxed out, and just exisiting, not prospering.
We depend too much on things and a system that can and will fail us.

Do you realize that Even if someone gave you a free paid for 150k home, you still need !
* $3900.00 per year or more for light bill.
* $2800.00 per year for insurance for home and car.
* $ 4000.00 per year or more for land taxes.
* $ 6500.00 per year for Food.
* $ 1800.00 per year for water bill.
* $ 5500.00 per year for fuel for your car.
This is near 22k per year, so you must have make 400 per week just to exisit ,even if your home was givin to you absolutly free.

I feel sorry for young couples just starting out.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Re: Surviving the New Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygo View Post
Surviving the new normal.
Over the years the US economy has had its ups and downs. With things being very different now, more than ever before.
We are now living in the New Normal.
Even if your farvorite guy wins the next election ,We are too far gone for things to right themselves without GOD.
I grew up in the 60's, My father worked a simple meduim income job, and we had one car, mom stayed home and raised the family, And we were happy, and we didnt feel disadvantaged only having one car, and only dad working.
Now days everyone works, most familys children are in day care, and many places are open 7 days aweek. The family has been distroyed by our new way of life. Everyone is maxed out, and just exisiting, not prospering.
We depend too much on things and a system that can and will fail us.

Do you realize that Even if someone gave you a free paid for 150k home, you still need !
* $3900.00 per year or more for light bill.
* $2800.00 per year for insurance for home and car.
* $ 4000.00 per year or more for land taxes.
* $ 6500.00 per year for Food.
* $ 1800.00 per year for water bill.
* $ 5500.00 per year for fuel for your car.
This is near 22k per year, so you must have make 400 per week just to exisit ,even if your home was givin to you absolutly free.

I feel sorry for young couples just starting out.
I guess we are going to have to learn to live simple and try to depend more on Our Father. Those statistics seem high to me.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

And a lot of young people have a lot of student loan debt as well.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 10-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
And a lot of young people have a lot of student loan debt as well.
Have you seen "college conspiracy" worth a watch if you haven't.

Go here on tithing----->

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 10-28-2014, 04:29 PM
On the road less traveled

And most people can't live without Internet or a smartphone data plan either.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Those statistics are a bit high for our area...but none the less, yes even with no rent or house payment, just the cost of living is very high. Just paid our property taxes and it was just under $2000! Food costs are up, fuel is down for the moment, utilities are going up again here...and insurance well its not cheap either! We are a home of three, my hubby, Sis and me, all retired and on SSI...we are comfortable and we are careful about what we spend...we don't have cable, but we do have internet, we each have a smart phone, but no land line. We make choices about what is important to our lives! All that to say your correct, life has gotten expensive no matter what...families are the victims of the new normal...some of its from greed, young people thinking they have to have it ALL and NOW!

On a side note: I remember as a kid...we were on a vacation, the motel had pay for TV...you put coins in to watch! My dad said oh I won't ever pay for TV!!! He did, we all did at one point or another. We have rediscovered the antenna, we get free TV and we use Netflix for the rest. We prefer most of the older shows anyway. I didn't know you could still get TV with an antenna until a friend got one. All networks have to send a signal out separate from cable...
Old 10-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

For those that are involved in organized religion you have the building tax as an expense.

Go here on tithing----->