Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Re: How many Southerners are on the Forum?

It was God's will, and my heart has never left.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
It was God's will, and my heart has never left.
Can't argue with that.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

yankee, but raised in the south.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

NOTHING southern about this gal! I do love you all, but I lived in Kentucky for one year and it was the most horrible experience of my life. Sorry. Talk about a "closed society!" Good grief! Those people weren't even accepting of the orphans in the children's home I worked at because some of them came from the north (Dayton! Oh horrors!) and others came from so far back in the hollers that they considered them to be no better than animals.

Nope. I love my southern friends - and I have many. And I love to visit down south. Have lots of family in Alabama and in Florida. But I will never want to live there again. Sorry.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
NOTHING southern about this gal! I do love you all, but I lived in Kentucky for one year and it was the most horrible experience of my life. Sorry. Talk about a "closed society!" Good grief! Those people weren't even accepting of the orphans in the children's home I worked at because some of them came from the north (Dayton! Oh horrors!) and others came from so far back in the hollers that they considered them to be no better than animals.

Nope. I love my southern friends - and I have many. And I love to visit down south. Have lots of family in Alabama and in Florida. But I will never want to live there again. Sorry.
I HAD to live in the south for a few years when my husband took a job there (Memphis) and it was the biggest NIGHTMARE I have ever had to live!!!!! Southern people do NOT like us yanks and they make you KNOW it too! NOT even in UPC/APOSTOLIC/PENTECOSTAL churches....they do not like us outsiders....especially ones married "outside of ones own race" ????? What the heck race do they think I am married to???? God made ONE race....the human one!!!!!!!! I was called a "n*****-lover, wetback ? lol, that indian looking girl, the mixed woman with the black husband and mixed kids" ...... oh the list is quiet long and most hilarious!!!! 99% of what I was called was by CHURCH people. I do know not all southern people are ugly and mean....I have met the most wonderful southern lady ever who I consider not only a good friend but my sister.....Mrs. Cindy! But .... as I have seen first hand, the majority of the south is very closed minded towards us yankees. As my Gramma used to say, there are always rotten grapes on every vine, but if you dig thro the thorns and brush, you will find the ripe, juicy and sweet ones~ They were always worth finding and even worth all the scratches and scrapes!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿

Last edited by Godzchild; 03-20-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzchild View Post
I HAD to live in the south for a few years when my husband took a job there (Memphis) and it was the biggest NIGHTMARE I have ever had to live!!!!! Southern people do NOT like us yanks and they make you KNOW it too! NOT even in UPC/APOSTOLIC/PENTECOSTAL churches....they do not like us outsiders....especially ones married "outside of ones own race" ????? What the heck race do they think I am married to???? God made ONE race....the human one!!!!!!!! I was called a "n*****-lover, wetback ? lol, that indian looking girl, the mixed woman with the black husband and mixed kids" ...... oh the list is quiet long and most hilarious!!!! 99% of what I was called was by CHURCH people. I do know not all southern people are ugly and mean....I have met the most wonderful southern lady ever who I consider not only a good friend but my sister.....Mrs. Cindy! But .... as I have seen first hand, the majority of the south is very closed minded towards us yankees. As my Gramma used to say, there are always rotten grapes on every vine, but if you dig thro the thorns and brush, you will find the ripe, juicy and sweet ones~ They were always worth finding and even worth all the scratches and scrapes!
Yep, it makes me sad to know that there are people still like that anywhere. Southeners usually claim to be hospitable, but it can be kind of a closed society.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

My parents are not southern, however, they attended a conference in North Carolina, and had nothing but good to say about everyone. There were also a mixture of brethren with variation of skin tones.

I have only once encountered blatant racism (not pointed at me though). I was in my midteens, and encountered a woman that was racist and was more than willing to enjoy her captive audience. I would close her down now, but then she was more than twice my age, and experience told me to keep my opinion of her pathetic ignorance to myself (I was also shy). I pity racists. They will be mean, angry, and bitter long after we have forgotten them.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Sorry you were treated as such, but all southern people are not like that i'm glad to say. I found this to be my experience when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. when my husband was working down there no one would even talk to me. I spent a miserable few weeks only communicating with my husband and sons. I hope to never go back.

They didn't call me names, they didn't even speak.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
yankee, but raised in the south.
How old is that boy of yours now Bro. Eastman, and how have you been?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzchild View Post
And then you run into THESE kind of cops.