Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-16-2017, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trumpcare: Pre-existing Conditions Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Nope, it as actually said in a debate on a particular issue. Can you give context? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I'm not sure what you think it was about. The context I read was Douglas explaining his approach to preaching: """Tommy explained his approach to preaching this way: 'You start with a text. But the Bible is like a bull fiddle, you can play almost any tune you want on it. My background, being interested in social and economic questions, naturally inclined me to preaching the idea that religion in essence was entering into a new relationship with God and into a new relationship with the universe. And into a new relationship with your fellow man. And that if Christianity meant anything, it meant building the brotherhood of man."""

That's from the book "Tommy Douglas" by Dave Margoshes.

But tell me your version.
Bump for Aquila
Old 05-16-2017, 01:50 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Bump for Aquila
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Where's Bro Epley? I would bet he knows whether that is true or not. I've read VB preached and allowed blacks in his church when it wasn't popular to do.
He did. I think he was uneasy about mixed marriages. Pastor Huss Shearer (son of Charles Shearer) was also leery about mixed marriages, but welcomed minorities in the church.

They were men of their time.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure what you think it was about. The context I read was Douglas explaining his approach to preaching: """Tommy explained his approach to preaching this way: 'You start with a text. But the Bible is like a bull fiddle, you can play almost any tune you want on it. My background, being interested in social and economic questions, naturally inclined me to preaching the idea that religion in essence was entering into a new relationship with God and into a new relationship with the universe. And into a new relationship with your fellow man. And that if Christianity meant anything, it meant building the brotherhood of man."""

That's from the book "Tommy Douglas" by Dave Margoshes.

But tell me your version.
Your quote is good. But I'm not seeing the issue. We all know that the Bible can be made to condemn or support nearly anything. Douglas was clearly stating that given his background he was naturally inclined, "to preaching the idea that religion in essence was entering a new relationship with God... the universe... And into a new relationship with your fellow man. And that if Christianity meant anything, it meant building the brotherhood of man."

I'm not seeing the issue. The Bible speaks to many things, and yes, it does teach the brotherhood of man.

Quote:
It hasn't fizzled out. PP was built on eugenics. It's still very much alive.
Ummm... you obviously don't understand eugenics.

Quote:
Not at all. I'm just stating that the high and holy calling isn't what it used to be. When you have blatant sinners claiming to be God's voice, standing behind the pulpit while in sin and without fear -- that is what I'm referring to.
That's been happening since before recorded history. God will reveal all that is hidden. No man gets by with it forever.

Last edited by Aquila; 05-16-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Please provide the documentation for this quote. I just need to know the sermon title and year, a link to an audio file would be great.
Aquila, you got that info yet?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Your quote is good. But I'm not seeing the issue. We all know that the Bible can be made to condemn or support nearly anything. Douglas was clearly stating that given his background he was naturally inclined, "to preaching the idea that religion in essence was entering a new relationship with God... the universe... And into a new relationship with your fellow man. And that if Christianity meant anything, it meant building the brotherhood of man."

I'm not seeing the issue. The Bible speaks to many things, and yes, it does teach the brotherhood of man.
Hold. The. Phone. You questioned the quote, insinuated I didn't know what the quote was in context, insinuated I was misquoting the quote, and when I posted the quote from the paragraph and book I read it in, you say "it's good."

Douglas was claiming the Bible could be manipulated to say whatever you want it to say. He claimed a different gospel. We don't enter into a relationship with the universe or other people. The new birth brings us back into a relationship with God.

You don't see an issue because you believe like him -- that the Bible can be manipulated to fit whatever social gospel mess you want to believe.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
More condescension. Where's that gospel of love you claim to follow?

I do understand eugenics. You obviously don't understand the history of PP and its founder.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hold. The. Phone. You questioned the quote, insinuated I didn't know what the quote was in context, insinuated I was misquoting the quote, and when I posted the quote from the paragraph and book I read it in, you say "it's good."

I had to verify the quote. The quote is good. However, the way you're painting his words isn't what he was saying. It through me off until I read the quote again.

Quote:
Douglas was claiming the Bible could be manipulated to say whatever you want it to say. He claimed a different gospel. We don't enter into a relationship with the universe or other people. The new birth brings us back into a relationship with God.
I care to disagree. Your false conservative gospel could care less about the world around you and others. That's why it only focuses on your supposed "relationship" with God. You can abandon the sick, kick the poor to the curb, poison the rivers, poison the air, slay millions for oil, and all that matters is that you have a "relationship" with God. That's a false gospel.

Biblically speaking, being born again not only builds a relationship with God, but changes one's perspective on everything. From beast to man, compassion is shown. The desire to respect the Creator's creation is present. And one's love for his fellow man is greater than understanding all mysteries, prophecies, personal charity, and even martyrdom. For if we have not love, we're just making noise.

Quote:
You don't see an issue because you believe like him -- that the Bible can be manipulated to fit whatever social gospel mess you want to believe.
I think you should revisit what it means to be born again. You know, that old time religion that makes you LOVE everybody.

Last edited by Aquila; 05-16-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
More condescension. Where's that gospel of love you claim to follow?

I do understand eugenics. You obviously don't understand the history of PP and its founder.
I do understand Sanger's eugenics.

Can you explain how PP is engaging in eugenics today?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

ROFL!!!

You're like the guy ooing and ahhhing over the Emperor's New Clothes™. PP not connected with eugenics?

If you believe half the drivel you post on here you're dumber than I thought you were.

Lest anyone reading this think I'm being a meanie:
http://www.toomanyaborted.com/thenegroproject/

Ndavid mentions the connection between PP and eugenics, and this clown says "um, you don't understand eugenics". This is the same guy going on about "epigenetics" in another thread trying to defend the idea that sodomites are born that way.

Aquila, is your name Sean?

You have a PH.D from Google University and can type fancy words, but you haven't got a clue about anything. Why? You are a propagandist, plain and simple. LITERALLY. Like a paid social media actor working for Correct The Record. Truth? Reality?

Nope, with you its all about the Message, and trying to bamboozle the gullible silly sin-laden women-folk into buying your Kool-Aid.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf