Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed View Post
He is coming "for those that look for Him" and have made themselves ready.

Have made themselves ready??? Works works works
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 06-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Re: WPF back to UPCI

Sounds like a reference to Rev. 19:7, to me.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Yardley - I am new to AFF. I found your comments of interest since it is what I experienced in a WPF church. In fact I held a license with the WPF for 7 years. I left that church about 6 months ago and now attend a small UPC home missions work. I was wondering if you experienced this attitude first hand or not? The whole experience actually prompted me to write articles to correct the misapplication of some of the scriptures that you referred to....
Old 02-17-2017, 07:21 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllScripture View Post
Yardley - I am new to AFF. I found your comments of interest since it is what I experienced in a WPF church. In fact I held a license with the WPF for 7 years. I left that church about 6 months ago and now attend a small UPC home missions work. I was wondering if you experienced this attitude first hand or not? The whole experience actually prompted me to write articles to correct the misapplication of some of the scriptures that you referred to....
I highly doubt you'll get a response. This thread has been dead for almost 3 years now, and the user in question hasn't been on AFF for over 6 1/2 years (July 2010 was the last activity).
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I highly doubt you'll get a response. This thread has been dead for almost 3 years now, and the user in question hasn't been on AFF for over 6 1/2 years (July 2010 was the last activity).
Hey, hope springs eternal! You never know. They might just be on a 7 year break from AFF!!!! LOL
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"