Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Re: Requiem for America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The whole apostate Israel and then an apostate church. Is a Trinitarian Dispensationalist leftover. The Father’s wife was Israel, and she became a harlot. The Son’s bride is the church it went into apostasy, and both must wait until the Millennium reign to be totally restored in the Kingdom age.
I believe the church today is betrothed to Christ. We are in a time of preparation of the wedding day. I know that the "whole" church isn't going to become apostate, I am speaking of the many who have come out of it. I don't believe in eternal security or onced saved always saved.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I believe the church today is betrothed to Christ. We are in a time of preparation of the wedding day. I know that the "whole" church isn't going to become apostate, I am speaking of the many who have come out of it. I don't believe in eternal security or onced saved always saved.
I wouldn't say you believe in Calvinism. But consider this, the Bride, the church is clean. She isn't made up of anything but those who are of the truth. Nothing ever came out of Her, but Truth. Remember, it is written, they came out of us because they were never part of us.1 John 2:19. They were never a part of the Bride, they were not part of the Truth. Our time of preparation is always. The Bride of Christ can never become a Harlot. Her city is set upon a hill, and has four walls which no one can overcome. Jesus is the only temple and only King. Everything else outside are dogs, prostitutes, and those who love making lies.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I wouldn't say you believe in Calvinism. But consider this, the Bride, the church is clean. She isn't made up of anything but those who are of the truth. Nothing ever came out of Her, but Truth. Remember, it is written, they came out of us because they were never part of us.1 John 2:19. They were never a part of the Bride, they were not part of the Truth. Our time of preparation is always. The Bride of Christ can never become a Harlot. Her city is set upon a hill, and has four walls which no one can overcome. Jesus is the only temple and only King. Everything else outside are dogs, prostitutes, and those who love making lies.
This has went over my head. All I am saying is those that have been grafted in can become cut off and many do. I notice similarities in the backsliding of Israel and Christianity. I am not trying to say the church is the great harlot. I take it you don't believe in backsliders. If you are truly in you never will get out 1John 2:19. I'll agree to disagree.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I take it that you don't believe in backsliders. IOW, If you leave then you didn't have anything to start with.

Quote:
1 John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
What is the point of this admonishment if you cannot loose something if you really got it? "IF that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you". John speaks using "if" like whatever they had could be lost. Maybe, I am misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you are teaching something like Calvinism or predestination.

Last edited by good samaritan; 03-20-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

To be clear, I don't think the church is going to backslide, but I do see where the Bible teaches that we (individual persons) can leave from being a part of it. The Lord will one day return for a bride without spot. My original point didn't use the term church, but instead Christianity. Christianity just like Judiaism is a religion. The Church is the bride that stands the test of time and is the remnant that remains when the Lord returns. The great harlot (Israel) was not in reference to the remnant, but it was in reference to OT ethnic Jews or religious Judiaizers. When I said, "apostate church" in an earlier post it was meant apostate christians who were really not a part of the church. I brought up Annanias and Saphira to make the point that even among apostolic churches, we have people who have correct doctrine, but without that personal relationship to Christ. My point remains that I see similarities between the great harlot and mainstream christianity.

Last edited by good samaritan; 03-20-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:12 AM
Registered Member

Once saved always saved is gaining popularity. It is more fashionable today under the heading of "the finished work of Christ".