Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:59 PM
delete account

Re: Sleepless in Texas

Well, tonight I don't want to think so i took a sleeping pil and feel it taking effect.

Nite nite...no dreams tonight.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

Sleep something I did before MENOPAUSE.....
Old 08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTown View Post
Sleep something I did before MENOPAUSE.....
Don't I know it...hence the sleeping pill
Old 08-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Don't I know it...hence the sleeping pill
I feel tried drop dead all day, come evening I'm like awake!!!! CRAZY!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

Rhoni! I am so sorry I missed seeing JG and his wife It was a horrible day as far As my back went and I just totally wipped everything! I didnt even remember they were in town until later today I made it to walmart w the family to get groceries and that was about it for the day. Hope yall had a good time and their visit here was wonderful also
Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Rhoni! I am so sorry I missed seeing JG and his wife It was a horrible day as far As my back went and I just totally wipped everything! I didnt even remember they were in town until later today I made it to walmart w the family to get groceries and that was about it for the day. Hope yall had a good time and their visit here was wonderful also
"T" So sorry about your back...I sent a PM to Grace Amazing...LOL and she said I got the worng person...gracious

Jim & Deb were here and got to meet my Mom, sister, neice, and great nephew. We went to the Harbour and enjoyed Glorias, beach music and the sunset over the water. We also went to Hubbards for a homemade meal Saturday. They mentioned you several times...sorry we didn't get together.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
delete account

Today I had a special blessing, two in the past two weeks to be exact. My left front tire kept losing air and the tires were only 18 months old. I bought them at Walmart and had the guarantee for tire rotation and wheel balancing with every oil change. Well, I took the car to Walmart for the oil change and asked them to check out the tire. They were short on staff and after an hour I went to check and they had just pulled the car in...so I went and had a bite to eat. I came back after another hour and they said they were done. I was rung up and they said, "$107.00". I said, "I don't think so, I only got an oil change for $26.00". The salesclerk told me they couldn't fix my tire and they put on a new one. I told them to call the manager. I explained to the manager that I had been in the store for over two hours and even came and checked on it once and no one told me that I needed a new tire or that they couldn't fix the one I had on there. The manager called the workers up and asked them if they had notified me that my tire was not reparable and they said, "No." The manager siad, "Well she just got a free tire". I walked out with and oil change, tires balanced and rotated and an $80.00 tire for free. Thank you Jesus!

Then today, I got home from church and checked my mail and there was a paper above the mailboxes saying there was a free queen size headboard and night stand. I called and they asked me which apartment I was in and they brought it over. It is a very nice walnut suite with a bookshelf in the headboard and it looks so nice in my room. They were moving and had a new bedroom suite and just wanted to give it away. Thank you Jesus.

The tide is turning and things are coming together for me. God is good.

Blessings, Rhoni

P.S. BTW, sleep will be sweet tonight.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:58 PM
delete account

***Praise REPORT***
Old 08-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Today I had a special blessing, two in the past two weeks to be exact. My left front tire kept losing air and the tires were only 18 months old. I bought them at Walmart and had the guarantee for tire rotation and wheel balancing with every oil change. Well, I took the car to Walmart for the oil change and asked them to check out the tire. They were short on staff and after an hour I went to check and they had just pulled the car in...so I went and had a bite to eat. I came back after another hour and they said they were done. I was rung up and they said, "$107.00". I said, "I don't think so, I only got an oil change for $26.00". The salesclerk told me they couldn't fix my tire and they put on a new one. I told them to call the manager. I explained to the manager that I had been in the store for over two hours and even came and checked on it once and no one told me that I needed a new tire or that they couldn't fix the one I had on there. The manager called the workers up and asked them if they had notified me that my tire was not reparable and they said, "No." The manager siad, "Well she just got a free tire". I walked out with and oil change, tires balanced and rotated and an $80.00 tire for free. Thank you Jesus!

Then today, I got home from church and checked my mail and there was a paper above the mailboxes saying there was a free queen size headboard and night stand. I called and they asked me which apartment I was in and they brought it over. It is a very nice walnut suite with a bookshelf in the headboard and it looks so nice in my room. They were moving and had a new bedroom suite and just wanted to give it away. Thank you Jesus.

The tide is turning and things are coming together for me. God is good.

Blessings, Rhoni

P.S. BTW, sleep will be sweet tonight.
Now let him be rich and good looking.....

J/K That wonderful, I love days like that, I went to a yard sale two weeks ago and the gal had brand new bamboo blinds still in the boxes never open. She bought them then decided she didn't want blinds and didn't want drive all the way back to the city.

At first I told her I'd pass because there was only one and I really needed two , one for a small window and a larger one , she like wait, within a second she comes out with a large one the right size 70x 40 the other was 40x60 a perfect fit. I really needed new blinds, I could not believe it I paid 2.00 for the small one and 7.00 for the large one, for brand new never out the box...I saved big time, because they were just like the ones I had up before I didn't need to do anything they hung right up! I bought my son bamboo blinds last summer, same brand paid 65.00 for the larger window 45 for the smaller one. I was so happy, it was a steal and blessing and can say they really did have my name on em...!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:04 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTown View Post
Now let him be rich and good looking.....

J/K That wonderful, I love days like that, I went to a yard sale two weeks ago and the gal had brand new bamboo blinds still in the boxes never open. She bought them then decided she didn't want blinds and didn't want drive all the way back to the city.

At first I told her I'd pass because there was only one and I really needed two , one for a small window and a larger one , she like wait, within a second she comes out with a large one the right size 70x 40 the other was 40x60 a perfect fit. I really needed new blinds, I could not believe it I paid 2.00 for the small one and 7.00 for the large one, for brand new never out the box...I saved big time, because they were just like the ones I had up before I didn't need to do anything they hung right up! I bought my son bamboo blinds last summer, same brand paid 65.00 for the larger window 45 for the smaller one. I was so happy, it was a steal and blessing and can say they really did have my name on em...!
Dr. Jeffers would describe those unexpected blessings as 'kisses' from God. God is so good.

Blessings, Rhoni

P.S. Good looking and rich never seem to go together, so when I dream...I dream of good-looking My blond turned to gray...but the eyes still have to be blue, and the dimples...