Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]Hi steve,I have heard most of these teaching except I may not have heard # 1,2,and 4.The others are false but can you post #1,2,4 ? The bottom line is all false teaching is lies.All liars will have their part in the lake of fire.[/COLOR]
Not according to some around here.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
In your opinion...Was Branham a false prophet?

Were the healings lieing wonders?
I think from those who knew him intimately from the beginning that he was a sincere man no doubt used of the Lord in his humble beginnings but in time particularly AFTER he had his nervous breakdown he became influenced by evil spirits particularly in his teachings. The late 50's his ministry changed into this concept of him being Elijah and he alone having the correct interpetation of scripture thus only those following him would be in the Bride.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
In your opinion...Was Branham a false prophet?

Were the healings lieing wonders?
Branham seemed to start off right. Yes, he did become a false prophet in time.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Thanks, Bro. Epley, for a very good thread. Some growing pains left us with a lot of meaningless threads in the last few weeks and this thread offers us the kind of substance that we have lacked.

D4T, coming out of left field with a radically uncalled for remark shows us that you would rather offer a pointless argument than converse over legitimate points made.

Unless you are genuinely the kind who likes being trapped in the meaningless blather of threads lacking substance I think it would be a good idea to answer Bro. Epley's question he eventually asked you: What will cause a man to be lost? If the things that he listed won't affect the salvation of your soul then truth matters not one whit in other areas.

We await your answer.

I dont want to speak for D4T but I am pretty sure (if memory serves) that D4T thinks praying to owls can be a bad thing.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Do YOU believe any false teaching would ........ us??? If so would you care to name them?
Yes sir I do believe that false teachings will cause people to be lost.

No sir... I would not care to name them.

I am not a fan of broad statements that paint thousands of people as lost when i do not personally know the state of their soul nor the state of their belief.

I do not deem myself as one who has that authority nor would I find it a passion of mine to do so if I did have such an authority.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I dont want to speak for D4T but I am pretty sure (if memory serves) that D4T thinks praying to owls can be a bad thing.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Some people could make a statue weep

I preached against Branhamism once in a particular church and one of the sisters there told someone that she wasn't getting what she needed from me.

She was a bit seedy.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Other false doctrines which have invaded the Apostolic Church:
The Calvinistic doctrines of:
1. Faith only
2. Unconditonal eternal security
3. Individual predestination
The so-called sacred name heresy which demands one to read and speak Hebrew in order to be saved.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

There have to be doctrines that will ........ people because the Apostles warned of heresy.

The interesting thing about some of these doctrines is that the people who ascribe to them are Oneness and Spirit filled. In the case of Branhamism the women all follow a holiness dress code and people are supposedly receiving the Holy Ghost in these churches.

I don't understand it all, but I do know that some of these teachings - the ones Bro. Epley listed and others as well - are off kilter.

How about these Branhamites who live for God with all their heart, have been Spirit filled, believe the basic apostolic salvation tenets? Will they be lost?

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
I preached against Branhamism once in a particular church and one of the sisters there told someone that she wasn't getting what she needed from me.

She was a bit seedy.
LOL!

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)