Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
While Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, and Emperor Palpatine started a commune.

Death metal drum circle anyone?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

Re: HH- the mess with yahweh (Jupiter) and yahshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Looking forward to the education. Thanks for posting the links to the articles.
yw.

And I am interested in any feedback.

On the question of the yahweh and yahshua plague --

i see yahweh sneaking in as a poison in the Christian body of believers. Including apostolic circles. Today, I picked up an Authorized Version from Thomas Nelson and they had stuck this devil entity right into a chapter introduction. Bye bye to that AV.

However, with Homestead Heritage it is more significant because the usage is not incidental, they are extremely fervent in prayer, song and worship. And the counterfeit Yahshua elbowed into the water baptism. Thus the buffeting from this dark-side entity can lead to false prophecy, imprecatory prayers and all sorts of spiritual misdirection. When eternity calls, you want to be calling on the Lord Jesus Christ, not a dark-side entity.

================

For those who are anti-vax, I would equate the poison of yahweh to the many poisons that are put into the vaccinations.
Potentially crippling, and able to cause harm quickly, or in the long run.

================

Many would like to make light of this concern, after all there are "scholars" who claim it is hunky-dory. Its not. Today, we are accountable.

Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 01-23-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage Fair - 2019

Their Fair comes up in a few days. In many ways it is a fine experience. Walking and fresh air, crafts and homesteading, generally healthy food, allowing that they had one of the bad sweeteners a few years back. Lots of family-fun experience. No real pressure to buy stuff. Maybe bargains at the end (at least, they did that when they used to have a Sunday day.) For me, a couple of visits in recent years were generally wonderful. The homestead and community vision was, I believe, truly originally a Christian vision. And I was there in the 1970s so I speak from experience! btw, afaik they have managed to stay vax-free, a wonderful health pattern in the community.

==============

However, please be careful.

The yahweh-worship situation seems to be getting more and more ossified as part of their spiritual mess. Yahweh is Jupiter (jove-pater, so Jupiter is yahweh-father), the devil entity of Acts 14 and 19, pagan temples dedicated, even the Samaritan Temple. And even related to the abomination of desolation. And this entity is the center of their worship, Jesus lagging behind. Now this false name is even placed on the front cover of a book that is publicly available, blaring "Yahweh" in bold letters. This is Knowing God by Name, in their bookstore. In the past they kept that type of stuff internal.

In 2009, when we were still quite friendly (I consistently try to reach out to the brethren and even at that time we talked of reconnecting) I sat by my close friend Barry in a big tent at the Fair and the musicians were singing Days of Elijah. They grossly mangled the song, it was sickening, changing the beautiful majestic chorus "No God but Jehovah" to lift up the dark-side name. The Holy Spirit impelled me to RUN the aisles... out of the tent! Be careful, it is a spiritual assault. No compromise with darkness.

They have ways to try to make people into yahweh-worshippers, especially in their prayer rooms, where the dark-side name is a-ringing. They have even asked when in prayer together ... to stop praying unto Jesus and switch over to the yahweh-focus. Oops. Ugh.

Their book stuff on the topics of yahweh and yahshua are very weak. A type of sacred name ignorance, combined with other elements. Sophistry would be kind. Ironically, they even acknowledge that they do not really know the name ... so why are they drawing people into such creepy worship?

By contrast, you can know that Jehovah/Yehovah is the tetragram with 100% conviction and faith, and that Jesus is the Messiah's name, not to be weakened and combined with some pseudo-Hebrew gibberish. The evidences are powerful and crystal clear.

And they put the author name of Blair Adams on writings that clearly came from others, especially Joel Stein (writing styles and earlier writings make this clear.) This mistaken attribution makes it harder for Homestead Heritage to move to the simple and beautiful truths of Jehovah (JHVH) and Jesus, dumping the counterfeit clumps, yahweh and yahshua. The potential change unto truth might look like a challenge to the wisdom and authority of Blair, and that is a no-go (he is looked up to with reverence, so how could he make such a fundamental error for so many years?). It is all sad, because Blair and Regina Adams were not really the yahweh-yahshua pushers, they got caught up in the web. We know how these spiritual diseases, yahweh-yahshua, came into Homestead Heritage. Blair and Regina were dragged along, and I would share that it was a type of silent coup by the priests of yahweh. (Blair should have kept faith with his Authorized Version, that alone would have provided spiritual protection and understanding.) Their sons, especially Asahel and Alexander, were caught in the middle.

And, yes, we made various efforts to reach out to them, to study iron sharpeneth. Ultimately they got stuck. They even give "prophecies", including false prophecies, in the name of that entity. (Their out was to put the onus on the individual giving the false prophecy, they never dug to the yahweh-root problem.) And they have so much literature and "revelation" invested in the false names, it has been too hard to overcome.

They even added the decrepit gibberish "Yahshua" .. despoiling the water baptism, for which they also changed the purpose away from remission of sins in their public SOF. (Now a "pledge of the old nature", a really weird and puzzling heresy.)

Their Bible situation is a similar disaster (you will not find one in their internet bookstore, and I could not find one to buy or receive in my visits.) For many years they planned to do their own version, the better to hoodwink the unwary, choosing whatever words fit their doctrines from the smorgasbord of available versions, often choosing text and/or translation from the decrepit Westcott-Hort corruption versions. In fact, their roots were largely Authorized Version, in the beginning. Now they are "any version is fine, and be sure to listen to the elders." (Paraphrase from a friend who was involved quite recently.)

You might study a bit and try to have an honest, transparent discussion with some of the leaders, or members. Wish you well if you try. However, they are very skilled in techniques of deflection and diversion. (And they try to prep the members for all the more penetrating and tricky questions.) History can be rewritten. Be forewarned, be focused. Be armed with the scriptures, put on the armor of God, have your Authorized Version close to your heart, read by the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Thank you, Jesus!

Psalm 83:18 (AV)
That men may know that thou,
whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the most high over all the earth.

Philippians 2:9-10 (AV)
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,
and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven,
and things in earth,
and things under the earth;

Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-24-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

I’m about 1.5 hrs South from Waco, TX and planning on visiting Heritage Homestead. Looking forward to all the crafts and activities after Thanksgiving. Ive read what a lot of you think about the Homestead, my best advice is “eat the meat, throw away the bones.”
Old 11-24-2019, 07:24 AM
Sister Alvear

Best advice is do not get involved...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 11-24-2019, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I’m about 1.5 hrs South from Waco, TX and planning on visiting Heritage Homestead. Looking forward to all the crafts and activities after Thanksgiving. Ive read what a lot of you think about the Homestead, my best advice is “eat the meat, throw away the bones.”
You can have a fine time at the Fair.

And I would say that they originally had a calling to bring forth a message involving community, homesteading and five-fold ministry to the church. Those gifts and callings are without repentance, they remain.

Today, however, it is very easy for true Christian Bible-believers to see major gaps ... where they have left Christian faith, embracing yahwehistic gnosticism. The Bible is to them impure, a hybrid hodge-podge, more a tool to point to the current eldership rhema than the pure scriptures actually being the bedrock of faith.

By the grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus, may they return to Christian faith.

Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-24-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:22 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Drink the water, not the Kool Aid.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Drink the water, not the Kool Aid.
I feel better now, thanks Diakonos
Old 11-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Sister Alvear is the resident expert on HH, she has lived there and I believe her mother still lives there.

I have visited there, we enjoyed the food and the tours, they make some fabulous fine furniture. We sensed an underlying bondage and legalism, also question why most of the residents live in mobile homes, when they are such artisans and craftsmen?

Many of the folks came from the NY area with the founder Blair Adams.
Sister Alvear, did you really live there?

And did your mother?

This seems off?
Old 11-26-2019, 12:53 AM
Sister Alvear

No I did not live there but was closely associated with them for a time...my missionary mother lived there and is buried there...I became associated with them because of her. There are many good things there ...I love farming and simple life but I do not agree with their doctrines as a whole. Many of the people are the sweetest people you could ever meet but are in a system that is in my simple opinion very cruel. I don't like shunning for one thing...Of course there might be a time for that but not because someone leaves a fellowship...It is hard to explain ...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear