Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: left upci yr ago and still messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
The very first "awakening" for me was during the first few months in the church when I heard someone sing the UPC birthday song. Even at 12 I thought, "OK, this is taking separation a bit too far. What was wrong with the original??".
Other than the fact that the song is still under copy write protection and royalties must be paid when sang.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.asp
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
When they are crouching and walking close, look out!

Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Other than the fact that the song is still under copy write protection and royalties must be paid when sang.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.asp
I did not know this.

An interesting thing about copyright law. Over the past 70-75 years it has been extended every time..... <ding ding ding> Mickey Mouse (name and likeness, along with other Disney characters created at the same time) was due to enter the public domain!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I am surprised at the hold this organization seems to have on it's ex members. But, I guess it's like going through the stages of grief.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

You right Cindy. But I cannot blame God for what some people have done in His church. Apostolics for the most part are the best people on the planet. I am praying some day for a Jesus Name church to start up in my area without all the nit picky standards imposition.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
You right Cindy. But I cannot blame God for what some people have done in His church. Apostolics for the most part are the best people on the planet. I am praying some day for a Jesus Name church to start up in my area without all the nit picky standards imposition.
I would disagree profoundly with that statement.

I would much rather live in a town or community of Christians than 'apostolics'.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

I don't consider spiritual bullies, spiritual nitpickers, beady-eyed fault finders to be "apostolic".

I've known many apostolics to be kind and gentle and loving. I don't have a problem with a community of Christians either. I would never again entangle myself with a church system that forbid the fellowshipping with other people from other denominations as what happened when I was a member of the UPCI in my region.

Last edited by AreYouReady?; 03-06-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krt View Post
Not sure where to post this and what to say! Can anyone help me thru this, I tried to search other threads of people going thru this, please leave links if I missed some. Was in UPCI 10 yrs and always felt funny about the "holiness stds" and how strict somethings were. and felt I became so judgemental of others. I felt my other non UPCI friends were more christian like than we were. Alot of things bothered me but yet in UPCI the worship and presence of God and the life changing experiences at the altar are hard to find in other churches. My husband and I haven't been to church for over a yr. I just don't know how to explain how I feel. I am so turned off by church itself now. I have so many mixed feelings inside. I am trying to heal and not have a wall up with God either. and He seems so quiet thru all of this I know He doesn't leave us but I wish He would give my husband and I more guidance and answers... and healing... any advice? does it just take time? can you share what you have been thru if you have gone thru something like this? thank you....
Maybe the closer feeling of God is from the extra sacrifices being made; i.e."standards". Just my own personal thought, but if living loose and not feeling that closeness to our God, than I'll do whatever it takes to feel His spirit. This world isn't home, I'm just passing thru.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Adhering to standards for the sake of appearances gets nobody close to God. Heartfelt prayer and fasting until you hear from God is what brings you closer.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
Adhering to standards for the sake of appearances gets nobody close to God. Heartfelt prayer and fasting until you hear from God is what brings you closer.
Right! Prayer and fasting, and reading His word- and doing what it says....living it.