Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
itsme

A letter from Christian Garrett

Greetings to everyone in the amazing grace and love of the one whom I consider to be God Eternal in human flesh...Jesus the Christ of God.

To the kind moderator who allowed me to post here, thank you.

Several weeks ago it was brought to my attention that I and my family were under discussion on this site. Several of you have emailed me and asked that I stop in to read. Thank you.

I have no objection at all to being discussed or cussed for that matter. I would ask that my family and those closet to me be kept out of public discussion. My family is settled in the deep south where they are active in a Jesus exalting United Pentecostal Church, my children are being raised with deep love and adoration for the God I came to know and love in Jesus. As a minister for years in Pentecost...you hear and learn many things about many people and their families. Online and public to the nation...is not the place to discuss families and children. I ask that the moderators kindly remove any slurs or attacks made against my ex and my former in-laws if made. My former in-laws are lovers of Jesus and active in United Pentecostal ministry, and while expressing deep disagreement with me over many issues..have never been anything but models of the love and grace of Christ.

NOW...to me.

In 1991 I was baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ at a United Pentecostal Church in St. Louis, MO. I did so out of a love and desire to bear the name of the one whom I today believe to be the lover of my soul, the joy in my step, the light in my eyes, the fire within my bones, the Christ of God, whom I believe is God over all and in all, blessed forever. Amen.

Through the years I had many open doors to share my love affair with the Christ in many different types of Churches. Among them were Independant, Apostolic, and United Pentecostal, and P.A.W. Churches. I have never regreted a moment of my life spent loving, exalting, magnifying, glorifying the love and passion that I felt for the man Jesus, God with us.

Neither have I ever regreted the thousands who were baptized in the name of Jesus to represent their union and love for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Many times I stepped onto debate platforms and took on those ministers who wanted to belittle Jesus to simply a second god among three. I would not then or now espouse the idea that Jesus is any less that God Almighty, God Eternal...the Mighty God...the everlasting Father...God with us. I do not regret one good thing ever said in the defense of the supreme deity of Jesus Christ. The same with the beauty of being baptized in His name, and the same with the beauty of being filled with and consumed with the fire and the passion of the Spirit of Love Divine...the Spirit of the Christ...the Holy Ghost of God.

There are parts of the journey among you that I do regret. I cannot undo it...but I can ask from the bottom of my heart forgiveness of those offended. The fear, guilt, judgment, condemnation, and outright arrogance of my youth allowed me to be influenced by voices of negativity that I wished I had never heeded. Many a soul was threatened with hell for a host of things...that I was to later realize did not matter. Rings, Jewelry, pants, oh Lord...the list goes on. Forgive me for my ignorant zeal in matters of the law. The only sense I can make out of those days...is that those burned the hottest by the law...later appreciate the sound of amazing grace that much more. May that be your journey as well.

This is neither the place or the forum to discuss the fact of universalism verses exclusive Christianity. My views are expressed clear on my myspace page...that many of you have read. I keep my expression of my views there...and today have penned a public letter to you all that is there for the reading.

I wish to simply say..thank you. Thank you for the love we shared. Thank you to the pastors who allowed me to share my love and passion for the Christ. Thank you for the years of support, prayer, warm welcomes, friendships, and grace and understanding that you gave to me as a wild out of the box lover of the Lord Jesus Christ. It was my sole mission while among you to do nothing but to exalt and glorify my love for the one that I consider my Husband and Life and Love...the Lord Jesus Christ.

May the Spirit of love bless you in your journey of loving and knowing the depths and passion of the Spirit of Christ revealed to us all in the man whom we know was more than just a man....God over all and in all...Christ Jesus.

And...just so you will know this is me..for those of you who know me...allow me to say in closing...

To the dear man with two chins who posted about how much you did not like me even when I was Apostolic to the core....may you know that the same Bible you use against me also talks about that weight....but I believe the pearly gates are wide enough...you will go through. I love you and bless you...and have some weight loss tips if you ever need them.

Love and grace forever in the name of the one who is God eternal, Jesus,
Christian Garrett
Closed Thread