Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

absolutly correct Dan
Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
No argument here. He was the Son of God NOT God the Son!
fine - but scripturally we find the basis of that to be eternal - not just incarnational
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Chan ... by now you should know this is not about researching .... or stating truths ... it's about being RIGHT.
But if you go about making statements that are not true, then you can't possibly be right.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan View Post
But if you go about making statements that are not true, then you can't possibly be right.
Helllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... ...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
fine - but scripturally we find the basis of that to be eternal - not just incarnational
Where is the scriptural evidence that Jesus' status as the "only begotten Son" is an eternal status (meaning that He has always been the "only begotten Son" throughout all of eternity past, and will continue to be the "only begotten Son" throughout all of eternity future).
Old 03-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Well brother... since you only have one gear I will go ahead and answer your question although MY viewpoint is not what they are working through blood, sweat and tears to pull out of you.

The OP leaders in this thread are dodging their question with all the might they possess. I am already having this conversation on another forum and my opinion is already known by the one doing the asking. As a matter of fact my open and honest answering of tbpews questions has caused me to take another look at what I believe.

But... to answer the question they have posed to you (and not me) I would say the following...

I have been taught that there is one God in 3 manifestations.

I have been taught that...

God is the Father in creation
God is the son in redemption
God is the Holy Ghost in touching/infilling man.

Basically.. Jesus was God robed in flesh.

But... an honest and open discussion with tbpew has caused me to at least step back and see what thus saith the word of God concerning these long held beliefs.

I have presented a long list of scriptures in this forum (multiple times) that seem to state emphatically that the apostles did draw a real difference between the father and the son. No one has made any comment on my questions concerning these scriptures.

I have stated what I have been taught. I now do see that the apostles did demonstrate that they saw a clear dilineation between the Father & the son and I am in a state of study, prayer and possible flux at the moment.

Hopefully this has answered the question that was not posed to me. If you could now give a clear answer to the same question it would be greatly appreciated.
I've been studying about God and His coming to earth as man for over a year now. There are clearly distinctions but contrary to what non grata says they are not eternal.... To understand God become man you must know who God is first. Jesus did not come to reveal a Trinity, he came to reveal the Father. Christ is the express image of God the Father.

I would rather discuss who Christ is than the Trinity.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I would rather discuss who Christ is than the Trinity.
I would rather hangout with Oneness and/or Trinitarians who want to be like Christ.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
Is God manifesting himself on the earth today?
Is God with us (Emmanuel) today?
Of course God is with us today on the earth in our hearts, but not as the glorified human Son of God. Jesus Christ's Spirit is given to us when we are born of the Spirit. Romans 8:9
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I would rather hangout with Oneness and/or Trinitarians who want to be like Christ.
Watch out for the Trinitarians who call us antichrist and say we (Oneness) have the spirit of antichrist if we do not believe in the Son of the Father (the eternal Son) as they do.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Watch out for the Trinitarians who call us antichrist and say we (Oneness) have the spirit of antichrist if we do not believe in the Son of the Father (the eternal Son) as they do.
Us vs. them .... plain old silly .... if we have the same Spirit ... are his or not his????