Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
mary

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
How many steps removed is enough?
I've always heard it preached this way: a rich man was hiring a chauffer for his little daughter. He interviewed several drivers and asked each "If you were driving up a steep mountain, with mountain on one side and a cliff dropping straight off on the other, how close to the edge would you get?" The first said, "Sir, I can drive a car with the tires right on the edge of the drop." The second said, "Sir, I could drive on the shoulder without concern for your daughter's safety." The third replied, "Why, I'd stay as far from the cliff as possible!" The man immediately hired the third driver.

Which is fine til you consider that a man who drives too close to the mountainside can be just as dangerous as the one driving too close to the cliff.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
How many steps removed is enough?
Well, if you look at it this way: We didn't do A because it was too similar to B, which in turn was too similar to C, but even though it is just two steps removed, A bares very little likeness to C -never mind the original sin (which may be the most biblical-principle like), D.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourimary View Post
I've always heard it preached this way: a rich man was hiring a chauffer for his little daughter. He interviewed several drivers and asked each "If you were driving up a steep mountain, with mountain on one side and a cliff dropping straight off on the other, how close to the edge would you get?" The first said, "Sir, I can drive a car with the tires right on the edge of the drop." The second said, "Sir, I could drive on the shoulder without concern for your daughter's safety." The third replied, "Why, I'd stay as far from the cliff as possible!" The man immediately hired the third driver.

Which is fine til you consider that a man who drives too close to the mountainside can be just as dangerous as the one driving too close to the cliff.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

And no doubt also helps to create road rage in those driving behind him or her because of their tendency to drive under the speed limit thus slowing ALL the cars behind them to a crawl.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:47 AM
mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
And no doubt also helps to create road rage in those driving behind him or her because of their tendency to drive under the speed limit thus slowing ALL the cars behind them to a crawl.
Yeah, or could be driving on the wrong side of the road!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Yeah, or could be driving on the wrong side of the road!

POTD!!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:41 PM
mary

LOL There is a danger in analogies, isn't there!?! I didn't mean it quite the way it might be read, but that too...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
LOL There is a danger in analogies, isn't there!?! I didn't mean it quite the way it might be read, but that too...
I'll read it however I want to, to get the most out of it!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Here is a good one for you!

Sometimes it is far safer to climb over the mountain despite the snow, cold, and cliffs, then it is to go through the mines.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Here is a good one for you!

Sometimes it is far safer to climb over the mountain despite the snow, cold, and cliffs, then it is to go through the mines.
Yep. Balrogs.

Why am I not surprised?