Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Banned

Stages of the Spiritual Life

The believer grows as a tree - a little every day. He does not walk out one day and hit maturity. From the moment of salvation, the beginnings of what he will be at maturity already exist. Through spiritual childhood these fruit begin to develop a little each day. There are no great spiritual victories that mean the believer has arrived. Just because one test is passed, doesn't mean that the spiritual life is finally a success. The final test will not be passed until the completion of this life whether under dying grace or the sin unto death.

The fruit of the Spirit, then, develop over time. The beginner must first learn to use the basics of the first three fruit of Salvation associated with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He must begin to learn about his relationship with the Trinity, which includes...

http://www.biblenews1.com/marriage/marriagg.htm
Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: Stages of the Spiritual Life

not to bad till you said the word trinity,, created by tertullian about 200 ad the disciples never probablyever heard that word. but keep growing and learning god will show you the light.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

Tertullian probably couldn't pull off explaining how even though the Son prays to the father and yes even taught others to pray to the father and never once said "pray to me" then promised that the father would send yet another after him they are all actually the same thing "just because he said so"

Gimme a hallelujah and pass that offering plate
Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Banned

Well i should prolly mention that the OP is just a direct quote; i am not a trinny per se, but recognize that we have 3 spirits of God to deal with. Also, i don't necessarily believe every word of this or anything, but just found it much more powerful than what i got in church. This man's conception of 'Trinity' seems pretty balanced to me.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Well i should prolly mention that the OP is just a direct quote; i am not a trinny per se, but recognize that we have 3 spirits of God to deal with. Also, i don't necessarily believe every word of this or anything, but just found it much more powerful than what i got in church. This man's conception of 'Trinity' seems pretty balanced to me.
Where does the Bible say we have three spirits of God to deal with?

Last edited by Originalist; 03-17-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Actually, scripture states that God has at least seven spirits.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Banned

yes. and it is said that one could not speak all of God's titles in a lifetime; and these must be considered spirits in some sense also. but we are specifically dealt with in three offices, it might be fair to say.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Isaiah 11:2 mentions the seven spirits of God. But to follow the question posed how about John 15:2, ....every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. That's a hard one to swallow. Seems like we always have room for improvement.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Where does the Bible say we have three spirits of God to deal with?
hmm, good Q; not sure, actually. I've just always heard it taught that we, as humans, are dealt with, or interact with, one of the three offices of God; Father, Son, or Holy Spirit. I thought i had read verification of this...
Old 04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Isaiah 11:2 mentions the seven spirits of God. But to follow the question posed how about John 15:2, ....every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. That's a hard one to swallow. Seems like we always have room for improvement.
i'd say that this is observable even from a human standpoint. who is perfect at anything, even from an earthly pov?